Tuesday, July 29, 2014

(8) Top Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Authors I Own The Most Books From

***

I'm quite unsure if I'll even have a top ten for this, so we'll see! But this means I'll have to go searching through all of the stacks in my room and count books. An impossible task, to be sure. But oh boy, here we go! :)

1. Nora Roberts
My all-time favorite author! I have so many of her books, and I haven't even read half of them. But at least I have them for when I go without an NR book for too long.

2. Carla Neggers
I love her romantic suspense books so much! And I'm loving her contemporary ones even more; a splash of mystery combined with wonderful characters and sweet romance.

3. Heather Graham
Her paranormal stories are some of the best! And I love how they intertwine with mystery and romance. Plus, I always love her ghosts.

4. Lemony Snicket
I loooove the A Series of Unfortunate Events books, so my mom got me the whole set for Christmas. :)

5. Colleen Hoover
She's one of my auto-buy authors, and I have every single one of her books (even pre-ordered Ugly Love). Love me some CoHo!

6. Janet Evanovich
Okay, so I was a huge fan of her Stephanie Plum series, until it got into the high teens. Seriously, 21 of them?! TOO MUCH. Also, Team Morelli forever.

7. Jennifer Armentrout
It's kind of hilarious that JLA is on my list, because I've actually only finished ONE of her books after DNFing two of them! Three times must have been the charm, because I loved White Hot Kiss.

8. Jessica Sorensen
^--Same with the above! I have so many JS books, but I've only read The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden, which I absolutely loved. Must read more of hers.

9. Jillian Hart
Have any of you ever read a Love Inspired book? Well, I have a shit ton of them, and I've probably read over 80. And I *think* she's the most popular author of those on my shelves.

10. Nicholas Sparks
Yup. I pretty much have all of his books (save for the newer ones). But the only one I've actually finished is Message in a Bottle, which I loved! 


Oh hey, look, I made it to ten! To be honest, I barely went through my stacks of books. So, these are kind of guesstimates (aside from Nora, Carla, and Heather). Haha.

***

Which authors grace your shelves the most? Leave me a link so I can stop by! :)

Also, I wanted to take a quick moment to tell you that I'm looking for bloggers and authors who are interested in participating in a two-day post I'm writing about YA. I'd ask you just a simple question about what the genre means to you. If you're intrigued, let me know in the comments below and leave me your email! :)

14 comments:

  1. God I had the biggest struggle getting to ten as well. Turns out I usually get sick of an authors style by the second book! One time I read a book by Ian McEwan that wasn't Atonement. Biggest mistake ever. I wanted to burn my eyes out afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I rarely ever get sick of my favorite authors! I might not like one of their books, but it doesn't turn me off from reading the rest.

      Delete
  2. Love love love Jennifer Armentrout byt unfortunately she didn't make it on my list...

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that she made it on mine, considering I've only liked one of her books so far. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Jennifer Armentrout! I left her off of my list! I have all of her books, which now that I think about it, is a lot. I have so many books by so many authors though. My problem was that I had too many for a top ten, so many authors have the same number of books.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of mine probably have about the same about books, but I just didn't feel like counting. Haha.

      Delete
  4. I have White Hot Kiss on my Kindle! Will definitely read it now since you loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jennifer Armentrout so much but I have yet to read White Hot Kiss, Jessica Sorensen is on my list too I loved her Coincidence Series and even if I think that it's been dragged out far too long I'm still going to read all the books in the Coincidence and Secret Series. I'm so jealous right now, I always wanted to have The Series of Unfortunate Events series but I always found another book to buy so I'll probably never have it. Great list.
    Here's mine: http://www.reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/07/ten-authors-i-own-most-books-from.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start reading more of BOTH of those authors! (I have the books, so why I haven't done that yet? Hmm). And that was seriously like my favorite series from childhood. I kind of want to reread it all over again one of these days. Love Lemony Snicket!

      Delete
  6. I have a couple Colleen Hoover books and one of Lemony Snicket's (only a companion to the Series of Unfortunate Events, unfortunately). You should try at least one more JLA book! Maybe you just didn't like the stories of the two books you DNFed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! I want to retry Obsidian definitely. I have that whole series, because I have a problem and I decided to buy the old covers before they were gone. Don't ask me why since I DNFed the first one. I have no good answer. :P

      Delete
  7. Colleen Hoover *almost* made my list, I have quite a few of her books. I love that you just guessed (like a normal person) and I made ridiculous lists and tallies via Goodreads (like a lunatic). Great list :)

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERYONE counted their books! I feel so lazy. Haha. But seriously, my book piles are a mess and it would have been ridiculous to go through and count everything. Plus, I'm lazy. I do know that the top 3 authors on my list are the ones I have the most books from, though! :P

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3