Saturday, July 26, 2014

ARC August Challenge 2014


This is the second annual ARC August hosted by Octavia @ Read. Sleep. Repeat, and I'm so excited to be participating this year! I have so many ARCs to read, it's kind of ridiculous. I had already planned on getting a bunch of them read in August, so I thought: why not sign up for this challenge? It's going to be so much fun!

I think I'm going for a goal of 15. If I read more, awesome. If I read less, that's okay. I'll be starting my last year of college a few weeks before August ends, so I don't know how much time I'll have to read. But here are the books I'm planning on reading! :)


the "Definitely" category:


the "Maybe" category:


the "If I have time" category:

As you can see, I have a huge list! I might get to a few of these before July ends, but I put them on here just in case I don't have time. If that happens, I'll read some of the ones that I REALLY, REALLY want to! Those are the October ARCs on my "if I have time" list. There are also a few that I *might* get for blog tours, but I don't know yet so I can't add them. If I do get on those tours, there will be more in my "definitely" category and I'll have to switch around books according to priority. I'm also a mood reader who might add or subtract from the list if I feel like it (which is why there is a "maybe" category). But as it stands, this is my solid plan. 

I can't wait to start all of these and hopefully reach my goal of 15! And I'll be cheering on all the other bloggers who joined ARC August. Let's read, guys! :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of ARCs to read! I read Tabula Rasa and really liked it. And I want to read Ghost House, so read that one too ;) I have one ARC, so my ARC challenge would be... pathetic, to say the least ;) Good luck, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on a lot of these! And congrats on almost being done with college!
    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news! I've heard like nothing about Tabula Rasa, but I think going in blind is the best approach. And I'm excited about Ghost House. And also, you're kind of lucky to not have so many ARCs. I have ZERO self-control when it comes to NetGalley & EW, so kudos to you (if you use those sites). And thank you! I'm so happy this will be my final year! :)

      Delete
  2. OHHH you are going to be reading some wonderful sounding books this month! I still need to read Take Me On too!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that makes me even more excited to read them! And I can't believe I've waited this long to read Take Me On, but since it's not a priority, I don't know if I'll get to it in August. Here's to hoping. :)

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of this challenge, but I definitely want to participate! I have no control when it comes to Edelweiss and NetGalley, so I have a million ARC's to get through!

    Amber @ The Book Cookies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God, I have ZERO self-control with NG. I have such a poor feedback to approval ratio, but I'm slowly building it up. But I also haven't been requesting as much! So go me. :P And you should totally join this challenge! It's going to be a lot of fun.

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3