Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #16

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm waiting on Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers!
Expected publication date: November 4th, 2014


Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has.

But across Brittany, the tides of war are drawing ever nearer, with France pressuring the beleaguered duchess from all sides. Annith’s search for answers threatens to rip open an intricate web of lies and deceit that sit at the heart of the convent she serves. Yet to expose them threatens the very fabric of her existence and risks an unforeseen chance at love, one that she can no longer deny. Annith must carefully pick a path and, gods willing, effect a miracle that will see her country—and her heart—to safety.

***

Why am I waiting for this book?

This series, guys. I LOVE IT SO FREAKING MUCH. I'm not normally a fan of historical fiction. Unless it's fantasy, like these books. Anyway, I loved the first two in this series, and I'm dying to read Annith's story! But I'm so sad this will be the last one. :(

So, what book are YOU dying to read this week? As always, leave me a link to your WOW so I can stop by! :)

***

Oh, and I also have a giveaway going on for a signed copy of My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal. To enter, click here

38 comments:

  1. Ah-mazing pick! I love, love, love this series and cannot wait to read this. Happy reading!

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. *skims past all the info* I still need to read the first two books--and I really want to! Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do the same thing if I haven't read the first books in a series! I don't want to spoil anything for you, so great choice. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I've only read Grave Mercy from this series and I absolutely loved it. I was so surprise since it was my first foray to the historical fiction genre. I've yet to read the second book though but I'd surely will now that the 3rd book is out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must read Dark Triumph! It's so good. :)

      Delete
  4. I still haven't read the first book!!!! Shame on me, but I really really want to and hope to get to both book 1 and 2 before this comes out. =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Why haven't you read them yet? :P I think waiting is actually a good idea. It'll be easier not to forget things.

      Delete
  5. I've been meaning to start this series! I have Grave Mercy on my shelf but I haven't had time to start on that. Soon. Maybe after this third book comes out. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grave Mercy was my favorite!! You should really read it now. ;)

      Delete
  6. I love love love love this series so much! This is one of those series I'm going to read repeatedly and never tire of. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Edelweiss and I've been itching to read it!
    I hope you'll love it as much as the first two books when you get to it. :D

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm SO JEALOUS you can read it early! I'll be looking forward to your review. :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't started the series yet, but they look badass. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are badass! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  8. *puts on dunce cap and goes to stand in the corner* I haven't started this series yet, how utterly sad is that? MUST MAKE TIME FOR THESE BOOKS!!!!!! Can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I've seen this before and I didn't know it was a series! I like how you add a "Why I'm waiting for it" section. Not a lot of blogs have been doing that, and it gives good insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I figured I should probably tell people why I'm waiting for the book. Haha. :)

      Delete
  10. Such a great pick! I am so in love with this series!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO. Thanks for commenting back! :)

      Delete
  11. Awesome choice! I haven't read this series yet though everyone seems to love it, so it must be pretty dang amazing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS amazing! You must read it soon. :)

      Delete
  12. You're the second post I've seen today that is WoW-ing this book. I haven't read the series, but perhaps I will have to move it up my TBR list...

    Here's my WoW .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Move it up!! It's so freaking good. :)

      Delete
  13. Amazing pick! I am really excited for this one!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on this one. Great choice. Thanks for sharing. Here is my Waiting on
    Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I'm so excited to read this one. I haven't read Dark Triumph yet, but that doesn't make me any less excited to read the third book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that a lot, get excited about other books in the series when I haven't read the other ones. You should read Dark Triumph soon, Kaitlin! :)

      Delete
  16. Oh, yes! This reminds me to get busy with Dark Triumph. LOVED Grave Mercy and couldn't figure out why it took so long for me to get around to reading it. I have this one pre-ordered! Great pick. ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-23N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you loved Grave Mercy! And I should probably pre-order this one as well. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  17. Lol I'm not a fan of historical fiction either but I'd give this series a try. Should I? ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was lucky enough to pick this up at BEA. It's amazing. My favorite of the series. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so jealous! But so glad you loved it. That makes me even more excited. :)

      Delete
  19. So I JUST finished Dark Triumph on audiobook and am now dying to read Mortal Heart! I was only so-so on Grave Mercy since I'm not really into court intrigue, but I freaking loved Sybella and Beast soooooo much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm the opposite. I totally fell in love with Grave Mercy, but I didn't love Dark Triumph as much. But I'm SO EXCITED for the final book!!! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3