Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #19

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm dying to read Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman!
Expected publication date: September 9th, 2014!


Emmeline knows she’s not supposed to explore the woods outside her settlement. The enemy that wiped out half her people lurks there, attacking at night and keeping them isolated in an unfamiliar land with merciless winters. Living with the shame of her grandmother’s insubordination, Emmeline has learned to keep her head down and her quick tongue silent.

When the settlement leader asks for her hand in marriage, it’s an opportunity for Emmeline to wash the family slate clean—even if she has eyes for another. But before she’s forced into an impossible decision, her dreams urge her into the woods, where she uncovers a path she can’t help but follow. The trail leads to a secret that someone in the village will kill to protect. Her grandmother followed the same path and paid the price. If Emmeline isn’t careful, she will be next.

***

Why am I waiting for this book?

This sounds and looks like a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, does it not? NEED. I also love how Emmeline seems like a strong heroine, one who won't take the simplest path to anything and who sounds like a rebel. Also, I love that cover. I'm so excited about this one!

So, what book are YOU dying to read at the moment? As always, leave me a link!

***

Hey guys! I wanted to take a quick moment to tell you that I'm looking for bloggers and authors who are interested in participating in a two-day post I'm writing about YA. I'd ask you just a simple question about what the genre means to you. If you're intrigued, let me know in the comments below and leave me your email! :)

26 comments:

  1. I picked up a copy of this at ALA. Look really good Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous you can read it early! I was sad I didn't get approved for the book on NG. Amulet Books hates me. :(

      Delete
  2. I adore the cover for this one. It's definitely a favorite of mine this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's kind of simple yet pretty! And I love the winter look. :)

      Delete
  3. This was my WoW a few weeks ago and I'm so excited to read it! It sounds very mysterious and I can't wait to find out what's going on. I agree that the cover is gorgeous! :)
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously cannot wait for this one! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree on the Little Red Riding Hood vibe! Yeah, I'm gonna totally add this to the TBR stat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that vibe the first time I heard of it, and that cover seriously makes me think it's a retelling. :)

      Delete
  5. This one sounds really interesting and I'm definitely getting the Little Red Riding Hood vibes as well. I might not be the biggest fan of the cover, but I do definitely want to check this one out.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this one badly! I mean just look at that cover and then at the blurb, well I need this in my life. I really hope you'll get to read it. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I neeeeed it! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. I know a few who've read it already, and loved it and said it's a cross between Little Red Riding Hood & The Village. :) I'd love to be apart of the YA (can't promise 100%) but email me kirsty_jones3@hotmail.com :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just giving me major LRRH vibes. Also, thank you for your interest! I sent you an email! :)

      Delete
  8. I've seeing this one everywhere, ugh I want it too :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds really great! I'd love to participate in your post on YA. You can contact me at thebookcookies@hotmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for your interest. I've emailed you the info. :)

      Delete
  10. I don't think I've heard of this one! But it sounds great. My TBR list just got one longer...

    Here's my WoW pick for this week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love getting people to add books to their TBRs. :)

      Delete
  11. I'm so excited to read this one!! It looks so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for this one! Such a great pick! I also keep thinking it isn't coming out til like, December or something, and then I remember it isn't that long! (Must be the snow!)

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's not coming out in December! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3