Tuesday, August 19, 2014

(11) Top Ten "Must Read" Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me That I MUST Read

These are in no particular order! :)


The Sea of Tranquility
This is one of those popular NA novels that I haven't read yet! I hear about it all the time, and I'm so glad I have a copy sitting on my desk. Now I just need to find the time to read it!

Tangled
Apparently this book has one of the best male POVs and is downright hysterical. I even heard about it back when it was self-published and became a huge deal to people. It's on my kindle, but again, I need to find time for it.

Eleanor & Park
Basically all Rainbow Rowell books need to be on this list, and since I've read and loved Attachments, I want to read more of hers! Starting with this one, though I *almost* put up Fangirl instead. 

My Life Next Door
One of those YA contemporaries that people are always telling me to read! I've heard amazing things about it (though not so much about her second novel). I also have a copy of this but damn it, I NEED MORE TIME IN THE DAY! 

Cress
Yeah, yeah, I know what you're going to say. Why haven't you read this yet, Holly?! I don't know, but I guess I'd just wanted to wait until it was closer to Winter's publication date. But now I need to read it before Fairest comes out in December.

Siege and Storm
This is one of those series that I desperately need to finish. There is so much hype surrounding it, and I loved the first book so much. I really must continue reading these books before things get spoiled.

Throne of Glass
I never paid much attention to this series until people started bringing home those ARCs of Heir of Fire from BEA and fangirling over it. I'm kind of scared of the hype surrounding these books, but it just makes me want them all the more!

The 5th Wave
This book had so much hype surrounding it when it first came out, and I'd heard amazing things about it. And now that there is going to be a movie, I have to find out why everyone loves it. 

If I Stay
Another hyped up book that scares me! I just picked this one up a few weeks ago, because I want to see the movie (and of course, I can't do that until I've read the book). But I'm nervous; I don't wanna be disappointed like I was with The Fault in Our Stars.

The Winner's Curse
When people were reading ARCs of this book, it became a must have of 2014. Some of my favorite blogs were telling people that they would want this book once it came out. And I'm so excited I have a copy of it just waiting for me to fangirl over.

I have all of these books on my desk or on my kindle, except Throne of Glass and Eleanor & Park. Now I just need to invent something that will stretch out the hours in a day so I can have more time to read!

***

So, what books are people always pushing on you and telling you that you MUST ABSOLUTELY read? As always, leave me a link! :)

28 comments:

  1. You got me interested in Tangled, I feel like there's very few very good male POVs out there. AND YESSSS Eleanor and Park is REALLY GOOD. I also recommend it to you! I have Throne of Glass on my TTT as well, it seems that everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always interested in a book that has a male POV, and everyone says Tangled's is one of the best. And gah! Okay, I'll pick up E&P at the library (I *hope* they have it) the next time I go. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi hi I'm back. Here are instructions on how to switch over to commentluv AKA intensedebate, which is my commenting platform now! http://socialmediasass.com/component/content/article/20-blog/blogging/13-commentluv-for-blogger

      Delete
  2. MY LIFE NEXT DOOR and THE WINNER'S CURSE made my list, too! THE 5TH WAVE was pretty good, though a little too hyped, in my opinion. I LOOOVE the Throne of Glass series and you should get on that ASAP. And oh my gosh, CRESS was EXCELLENT. ELEANOR & PARK--love that, too! IF I STAY was okay, and I think I would've liked it more if I'd read it earlier. SIEGE AND STORM was also kind of meh. I've heard great things about THE SEA OF TRANQUILITY. I need to read that, too!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like hype just kills a lot of books. You place so many expectations on them, and when they don't meet those high standards, they turn into a disappointment. It's why almost all of these scare me. I don't want to be disappointed. But boy, I want to read all of them anyway! :)

      Delete
  3. Throne of Glass and The Winner's Curse are really great. I'm really excited for the Heir of Fire release, and what a perfect time to marathon the first two before picking up the third when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't realize Heir of Fire was coming out in September! Somehow I kept thinking it was later in the year. I'd love to start the series soon, but I doubt I'll be able to get to it.

      Delete
  4. I have so many of these on my TBR list and a few of them on my TTT list this week. :) But I love love love loved The Winner's Curse. It's so refreshing and amazing.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realllllly want to read that one! Must do that soon, I think. :)

      Delete
  5. Okay so. Definitely go read Siege and Storm. Like, now. And If I Stay was good. Not like, all encompassing, best book ever, but solid. I'd say to go for it. I have to read The 5th Wave too! Especially with the sequel, and the movie! The Winner's Curse was decent. There were parts I loved and parts I didn't love, but I will definitely read the next one.

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm gonna wait on Siege and Storm until I have Ruin and Rising! I'm so sick of waiting when it comes to series. And I've heard mixed things about If I Stay, especially since there's been so much hype surrounding the movie. But I must read it. :)

      Delete
  6. Throne of Glass is on my list this week too. So many people have raved about it. I'm incredibly intrigued. I just hope it lives up to the hype. I also loved the Grisha trilogy, so can highly recommend Siege and Storm. I loved Cress too. That series just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; sooooo many people love the Throne of Glass series! The hype makes me nervous. And yes, I love hearing that those two series just keep getting better and better. :)

      Delete
  7. I NEED MORE HOURS IN MY DAY TOO. *plots cloning process* I need to read sooo many of these too. Particularly Sea of Tranquility and Siege and Storm. The hype sort of killed The Winner's Curse for me and I didn't really enjoy it. Such a shame. It has a gorgeous cover at least, right?! ;)
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy The Winner's Curse! That book has been high on my to-read list ever since I heard about it. But yes, that is one GORGEOUS cover! :)

      Delete
  8. I have mixed feelings about Throne of Glass. Eleanor and Park was pretty good.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh great list! For the sake of being repetitive, you MUST read Throne of Glass and The Winner's Curse!! Those two are utterly fantastic!! Cress is really good too, my favorite in the Chronicles so far. The Fifth Wave is way overhyped in my opinion. *high fives* I haven't read Eleanor & Park either!!

    Here's my TTT

    Rachel @A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about being repetitive, because I love book recs! And I love hearing people fangirl over books I want to read; just makes me want to get to them all the more. *high fives back* Yay, I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete
  10. I liked Sea of Tranquility a lot, though I didn't absolutely love it. E&P is one of my favorite books of all time - heck, Rainbow Rowell is one of my favorite authors of all time. I HIGHLY recommend Cress, ToG and The Winner's Curse. If I Stay, not so much. It def just wasn't for me. Good luck with all your recs!

    New follower via Bloglovin! :)
    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following! :)

      Delete
  11. I still haven't read Throne of Glass and The 5th Wave either. I want to because of all the hype surrounding them though, I wonder if all the hype is worth it! By the way you absolutely have to read Cress! It is one of my favorite books of this year and I know the wait is killer, but I think it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that hype just kills me! Like I want to read those books, but I've been disappointed before and expectations are destroyers. They ruin book experiences. I know I need to read Cress, I know! But I don't want to forget anything later on.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. *Deep breath* *pushes books at you*
    Almost all of the books on your list I've read and LOVED. My Life Next Door (I swear to you it does not get better than Jase), E&P (Rainbow's writing is just so gorgeous), The Sea of Tranquility (lots of angst but oh man what a powerful book), Cress (get on that girl!), Tangled (hilarious), If I Stay (Adam <333), and The Winner's Curse (just read this recently and loved it!)
    So, yes, read all the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Push them at me, I can take it! :P And yes, I love hearing why I should read them! Even if I just want to cry because there is not enough time in the world to read all the books. Gah!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  13. Seriously. Why can't there be more hours in the day? I would be able to get through books a lot faster.

    I liked Attachments the best but Eleanor & Park was my second favorite. You really should read it.

    https://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3