Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #21

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm dying to read The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris!
Expected publication date: September 30th, 2014!

According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

***

Why am I waiting for this book?

Rachel Harris is one of my favorite authors! I've also been reading a lot more YA contemporary and this sounds amazing! Plus all of the teasers I've read have me wishing the release date was closer. And I kind of love stories that involve fake relationships, and Rachel pulls them off so well. :)

What book are you dying to read this week? As always, leave me a link to your WOW! :)

14 comments:

  1. Sweet pick! This one piques my interest :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one yet, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this book! It sounds so cute, I love when the protagonist(s) fall in love with the most unexpected person.
    Great pick!
    Here's mine: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8-they-all-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a cute read, I could use some cuteness :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds pretty funny, and definitely in the realms of a cute read! I might just have to check it out, thanks for sharing!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out! :)

      Delete
  6. Great pick! This is one I'm really looking forward to too. It just sounds cute and fun :)

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Harris is a fantastic writer, and such a nice person too. Great pick.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3