Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #22

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm impatiently patiently awaiting the release of Blood Magick by Nora Roberts!
Expected publication date: October 28th, 2014!


County Mayo is rich in the traditions of Ireland, legends that Branna O’Dwyer fully embraces in her life and in her work as the proprietor of The Dark Witch shop, which carries soaps, lotions, and candles for tourists, made with Branna’s special touch.

Branna’s strength and selflessness hold together a close circle of friends and family—along with their horses and hawks and her beloved hound. But there’s a single missing link in the chain of her life: love…

She had it once—for a moment—with Finbar Burke, but a shared future is forbidden by history and blood. Which is why Fin has spent his life traveling the world to fill the abyss left in him by Branna, focusing on work rather than passion.

Branna and Fin’s relationship offers them both comfort and torment. And though they succumb to the heat between them, there can be no promises for tomorrow. A storm of shadows threatens everything that their circle holds dear. It will be Fin’s power, loyalty, and heart that will make all the difference in an age-old battle between the bonds that hold their friends together and the evil that has haunted their families for centuries.

***

Why do I want this book so badly?

Two words. 
NORA. ROBERTS.

What book are you impatiently waiting for this week? As always, leave me a link! :)

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read Nora Roberts! But there is a dog on the cover. (: Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, if for no other reason than that the book has a dog on the cover. :)

      Delete
  2. I've only read two Nora Roberts series - The Bridal Quartet and the one about the inn. I'm terrible at remembering names. I like her style but I'm hesitant when it comes to this series because of the paranormal element. Maybe I should give it a chance.
    Hope you enjoy this book when it's released! :D

    Kate @ Fictional Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, The Bride Quartet is one of my favorite series of hers! Loved all of the characters so much. Also enjoyed Inn Boonsboro trilogy. If you haven't read one of her fantasy/paranormal series, I suggest giving it a try! They are my favorite of her books. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for this book!!!! She's my favorite author, but even if she wasn't, the tension between Finn and Branna throughout the series has me eager for this book.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God yes, THE TENSION BETWEEN THEM. It kills me! Also, she's my favorite author too. :)

      Delete
  4. It's been a long time since I've read a Nora Roberts book, but this one sounds just like one I'd LOVE! Fantastic! I might have to read it. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but it's part of a series! You definitely don't want to read this one first. :)

      Delete
  5. I have yet to read a Nora Roberts book. I really need to. Here are my picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3