Tuesday, September 16, 2014

(14) Top Ten Authors I Haven't Read Enough From

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More

I tried not to pick authors who didn't have more than two books out (because I need more from them!). And I tried not to pick authors whose only books are those in a series. Why? Because I have a problem not finishing series, so it's not the author's fault. Like, I have more than ten of them that I haven't finished and that just keeps growing because I'm a scaredy cat. (I'm totally going to write up a post about them soon too). Anyway! Most of these authors have more than three books published. AND I WANT TO READ THEM ALL!

PS: the book covers are that of the one I've read by the author.

1. Kiersten White
I don't know why I haven't read more of her books, considering I enjoyed this one so much! I especially want her newest, Illusions of Fate. It sounds magical and just my type of story. :)

2. Morgan Matson
I don't even care that this is the only book I've read of hers, I WANT THEM ALL! I adored this story, and I fell in love with Frank Porter. So, back off ladies, he's mine. <3 

3. Victoria Scott
I really, thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I can't wait for the sequel. But clearly I need to read the Dante Walker series, since everyone and their grandma's in love with him.

4. Susan Dennard
I know what you're going to say: You said you weren't putting up authors who only have a series out! And I know what I said, but Susan Dennard is the exception. I'm so freaking excited for her book that won't even be out until 2015!

5. Mary E. Pearson
This book was one of my favorite reads of 2014! So freaking wonderful, and THE BOYS. <3 It makes me want to check out all this woman's books.

6. Wendy Higgins
I don't know why the hell I haven't finished this series, other than that I just keep pushing it aside. Which is horrible since I loved the first book! I also have See Me and hope to read it soon.

7. Heather Lyons
Adored this book so freaking much! I have the whole Fate series on my kindle, so I'm excited to read more of hers and hopefully binge-read it. :)

8. Krista & Becca Ritchie
I loved Lil's and Lo's story, and I seriously don't understand how I haven't continued it yet. Like I want to read this whole series! I know I'll love the rest just as much.

9. Trisha Wolfe
This is her only contemporary, so I'm nervous about her other books (which are all fantasy/paranormal). But I want to read them because I thought this one was amazing.

10. Penelope Douglas
She only has two other books out right now, and I WANT THEM! And I seriously need to read Until You, but I'm nervous it'll cloud my love for Jared. (Again, I'm a scaredy cat).

***

Clearly, I have way too many books that I must read and not enough time to do that.

So, what authors do you need to read more from? As always, toss me a link! Well, don't literally toss it, because that would be impossible. :)

10 comments:

  1. I pretty much want to read every book on this list. Like Fire and Flood, and THE DEEP END OF THE SEA (I WANT THAT SO BADLY), and Something Strange and Deadly. I haven't read any of these authors though, so I should probably get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valllll, The Deep End of the Sea is AMAZING!!! Also. So is Something Strange and Deadly and Fire & Flood is pretty good. And yes, you totally should!!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to read something from Kirsten White, I heard so many great things about it. I haven't read The Kiss of Deception but I read the first book of Mary E. Pearson's other trilogy (The Adoration of Jenna Fox). I've had Sweet Evil for ages but I still haven't read it. Such a pretty cover. :DD
    Aww The Deep End of the Sea sounds soo wonderful, I'll need to purchase that book soon.
    Great list. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, did you like Mary E Pearson's Jenna Fox trilogy? I've heard mixed things, but I really want to read the books! And right?! The covers in that series are seriously gorgeous.

      And yessss, you should totally get the book!! :)

      Delete
  3. I will have to check out some of these books! Especially "Since You've Been Gone".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Victoria Scott- everyone loves the Dante Walker series! We must be missing out! I definitely need to read Something Strange and Deadly and Kiss of Deception. Oh, and Since You've Been Gone. Man, this week's topic is making me feel overwhelmed ;) Great list!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to read it, Shannon! We have to fall in love with Dante Walker too!! :P And yes, it IS overwhelming. But, I mean, basically my whole TBR is overwhelming..

      Delete
  5. I really, really enjoyed Illusions of Fate! Not a huge fan of Chaos of Stars, so I wasn't so sure about it, but it's incredibly charming. I also love Amy and Roger's Epic Detour (I still need to read Since You've Been Gone), and I've liked everything Victoria Scott has written. I have the Addicted series on my Kindle - waiting for a good time to binge it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard very mixed reviews on The Chaos of Stars, but that cover is just so gorgeous.. I WANT ALL THE MORGAN MATSON BOOKS. Seriously. Haha, and yessss, I want to binge-read the Addicted series soon. I don't think I could do it any other way. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3