Monday, September 1, 2014

ARC August Challenge Wrap-Up

I'm doing this challenge every year! It was fun and it helped me knock down my ever-growing pile of ARCs. I didn't read as many as I wanted to, and I didn't reach my goal of 15. But I'm still proud of reading all of these, because they weren't the only ones I read in August and I got quite busy (more so than I'd been all summer). If you want to see the rest of the books I read, add me on Goodreads. :)

I read 10 books for this challenge!

#1: Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto
#2: Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin
#3: Uncivilized by Sawyer Bennett
#4: Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
#5: Take Me On by Katie McGarry
#6: I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre
#7: Right Kind of Wrong by Chelsea Fine (review coming Sep 13th)
#8: The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco (review coming Sep 8th)
#9: Guardian by Courtney Cole
#10: The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black (review coming Sep 9th)

***

None of these received 5 stars, but none received less than 3! I enjoyed all of them, some more so than others. But my favorites were Salt & Storm, Take Me Onand Right Kind of Wrong. I really enjoyed Guardian and The Iron Trial, too. It was just a great month for ARCs. :)

Even though this challenge is over, I'm going to be reading A LOT of ARCs in September. I still have loads of them being published this month, but I really, REALLY want to start my October reads. So, we'll see what happens and if my mood changes anything. :P But I hope to read at least 15 ARCs this month! And I'm thinking about making that my "goal" every month (or at least 10), because I need to keep catching up on my review copies. I want to get that coveted 80% feedback to approval ratio on NetGalley! #letsdothis

8 comments:

  1. I loved Take Me On! I have to admit, I wasn't entirely sold on her work with Pushing the Limits, but Beth's story really got me reading. Though she's writing another series, I hope this isn't the end of the series. Abby is SCREAMING for her own book, lol.

    Lovely blog! I followed. :)

    http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, because I LOVED Pushing the Limits and felt that the other two didn't come close to being as good. But I think Take Me On changed that. Also. I want books with all of these characters! Abby, Logan, Ethan, Jax... Can she just write them all?! UGH. :)

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad one of your favorites was Salt and Storm! I also have to read that for an ARC, but I'm kind of nervous about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a few problems with it, but overall, I loved it! I hope you do too. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to get to that percentage on Netgalley too. It's tough! Good luck. :) I'm glad August was a good reading month for you. Let's hope September is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too, Kaitlin! Let's do this!! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice job! Of those I've read Tabula Rasa (liked), Take Me On (really liked), and I Want It That Way (really liked). That's good that you didn't rate any below 3 stars - I'd call that a success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm calling it a success too! Not that I don't love writing ranty and ragey reviews, but most of them time, I want to like all of the books I read. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3