Sunday, September 14, 2014

The TBR Tag

I was tagged by lovelies, Kaitlin from Reading is My Treasure and Val from The Innocent Smiley, to do this! And y'all know how much I love doing these kinds of posts. This tag was created by Rachel from A Perfection Called Books and Dana from Dana Square

Clearly, people want to know what my TBR looks like and how many books I have on it. I'm warning you now, you're going to think I'm crazy. I SWEAR I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT.

***

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

Goodreads! That website is my hero.


Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?

Definitely ebook! I worship my kindle library for holding as many books as I want, because clearly I have no more space in my bedroom for print ones.


How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?

Mood. Absolutely mood. Yes, some of the time I actually read books based on a review/ARC schedule. But most of the time, I just pick whatever I'm in the mood for and it rarely disappoints. :)


A Book That's Been On Your TBR List The Longest 

I just chose the one that was number one on my to-read list.
I don't even remember why I added it. It doesn't sound that appealing anymore.


A Book You Recently Added To Your TBR

Again, I just picked the one I added last. I'd give you the cover, if it had one. I just found out about Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake yesterday. LOVE her books, so I'm excited about this one already!


A Book In Your TBR Strictly Because Of Its Beautiful Cover

I'm adding more than one, because you all need to be amazed with me.


A Book On Your TBR That You Never Plan on Reading

I don't really like this one, because I'll give all books a try. I did a TTT awhile back, where I picked books I'm not sure I want to read. Based on that list, I think Four by Veronica Roth would be the one I don't care to read AT ALL. Not after the disaster that was Allegiant. I mean, when I read it last year, I gave it 4 stars. But honestly? I did not like it. I don't even know why I rated it so high.


An Unpublished Book On Your TBR That You’re Excited For

Probably Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I absolutely love fantasy, and I always get excited when I hear news about this new series by her. :)


A Book On Your TBR That Basically Everyone’s Read But You 

I promise I'll get to this one someday! It sounds amazing.


A Book On Your TBR That Everyone Recommends To You

DON'T SHOOT ME!


A Book On Your TBR That You’re Dying To Read

This one won't be a surprise, at all.
Technically it's an "unpublished" one, but there was no way I wasn't going to add this on the tag. I'm DYING to read it!


How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

2481. DON'T JUDGE ME OKAY.


Time to tag people! However, I suck at knowing who likes to do these (and everyone I could think of has already done it, damn you guys). So if you like these tags, then feel free to do it too! And then share your links with me. :)

14 comments:

  1. 2481! WHAT. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT.

    Ok, so I LOVE the cover of The Angel of Losses. I'm going to check that one out because it's gorgeous. AND IT'S OK I HAVEN'T READ THRONE OF GLASS EITHER! But I think you should get on Eleanor & Park, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW I KNOW. IT'S BAD.

      Oh, I totally added that one based on the cover, but in my defense, it sounds good! Haha. Also, I will hopefully! I think my library might have it (I know they have Fangirl).

      Delete
  2. Haha, I thought I had a lot of books on my TBR! I knew we were kindred spirits Holly :) I wanna read Eleanor & Park too! I sense a buddy read in our near figure.... Lol. I have been wanting to read Susan Dennard, I read a few of her short stories they were really good.
    I may do this tag! If i do, I'll act like u tagged me :)
    -Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally are, Diamond. :) The question is: when do we NOT buddy read? Haha. Oh, and you must read Susan Dennard's Something Strange and Deadly series! It's wonderful (admittedly, I've only read the first book but that changes nothing of how I feel for the series).

      Oh man. Okay, I'll remember you for the next time I do a tag! :)

      Delete
  3. You must read the Throne of Glass series! And Eleanor & Park. Both are favorites of mine. :) I didn't know about Three Dark Crowns, so now that's the most recent addition to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know! I have Throne of Glass, I just haven't started it yet.. Also, yay! Now I won't be alone in suffering the wait for it. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, I was sure that I have one of the longest TBR lists but 2481 books!? How have you managed to find that many you want to read? Haha.
    I can't wait to continue The Raven Cycle series, I've just got Dream Thieves so I'm currently rereading Raven Boys, I hope I'll be able to get Blue Lily, Lily Blue soon.
    Throne of Glass was recommended to me so many times but I'm still hesitant to pick it up... there will be so many books in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CANNOT EVEN EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW RIDICULOUS IT IS. Like I have a problem one-clicking and not deciding if I really want to read the book or not. It's just gotten way out of hand.

      I hope you're enjoying the reread and that you can get BLLB soon. *sigh* I love my Raven boys! <3

      Delete
  5. I love your 2481. LOVE. I find it hilarious, and I want to know what all those books are! I am in the midst of a MASSIVE cleanup on my TBR. (It's for a blog post, but necessary either way!) I need to read Throne of Glass and Eleanor and Park too, so you aren't alone! Also, those pretty covered books ARE really pretty!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I need to do a massive cleanup of my TBR too! Obviously... Hey, let's make each other read those books! We can do it! And riiiight? Aren't those pretty covers pretty? LOVE.

      Delete
  6. Lots of good books you've got ahead of you! I really enjoyed Eleanor and Park (RR is just fantastic). I actually haven't read The Raven Cycle yet, but plan to binge when the third book comes out! I haven't seen the cover for I Remember You - how gorgeous!! It sounds really good too. I'm really excited for Hold Me Like A Breath too.
    Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read one RR book, so clearly I need to fix that. And oh my gosh, Danielle, you HAVE to read The Raven Cycle series. But ah, it's kind of smarter to wait and binge the books. It shouldn't be any other way (and this is coming from someone who read them earlier and is dying to read BLLB). And right? LOVE that cover!! :)

      Delete
  7. Seriously though, READ THRONE OF GLASS. I haven't read Eleanor & Park either so you're fine ;) I don't want to read Four either.... Great picks, Holly!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL I PROMISE!! And yeah, we should probably read Eleanor and Park already. :P

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3