Tuesday, October 7, 2014

(17) Top Ten Character Driven Novels

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Ten Books For Readers Who Like Character Driven Novels

Be prepared because I'm going to be putting up books that I use for A LOT of TTT topics. #sorrynotsorry. I just can't help it if every topic fits my favorites!

1. Elemental Series
This series has one of my favorite families! The Merricks. <3 Love their relationships and bonds with each other. They're very focused on the characters.

2. Ten Tiny Breaths
Basically, all of KA Tucker's books. She makes sure that her characters are strongly developed. They drive the stories.

3. The Raven Cycle
I'm obsessed, I know. BUT SERIOUSLY THE CHARACTERS IN THIS SERIES ARE THE GREATEST EVER.

4. Between Shades of Gray
This book was all about Lina, her family, and their journey of survival, determination, and hope.

5. Stephanie Perkins' contemporaries
This series had such realistic, genuine, and lovable characters. They had real problems, real stories, and I fell in love with all of them. But mostly Cricket. <3

6. The Infernal Devices
I'm a huge fan of Cassandra Clare, but I'm more in love with this series than her other one. Strong characters, strong bonds, strong personalities.

7. Code Name Verity
This book was solely focused on the characters, Verity and Maddie, and their deep and unshakable friendship with each other.

8. Pushing the Limits + whole series
Katie McGarry is SO GOOD at writing such believable characters and developing them and their relationships with others. Amazing contemporaries.

9. The Kiss of Deception
I thought this would be more plot-driven, but it wasn't! It was very much character-driven! And I so didn't mind that at all. :)

Anything by Colleen Hoover
Her characters always take center stage in the stories; they drive the novel!

What are your top ten favorite character driven novels? As always, leave me a link! :)

6 comments:

  1. A big hell yes to Katie McGarry and Colleen Hoover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them both!!! Very character-driven stories. :)

      Delete
  2. Hahahha I guess I do need to continue on with The Infernal Devices, AND YES I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE RAVEN CYCLE. AND CODE NAME VERITY :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, YOU DO!!! Also. Love my Raven Boys. <3 And Code Name Verity.

      Delete
  3. I still need to read THE DREAM THIEVES and ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER--and I own them! Oh, CODE NAME VERITY. That made my list, too, and it is SO GOOD.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ THEM NOW!!! Also yes to Code Name Verity! So, so, so good! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3