Monday, November 10, 2014

Looking Back On Two Years

So yesterday I kicked off the celebration with a post that showed the evolution of my blog and told you what to expect from me this week (and, look, I'm actually doing what I had planned). There is just so much to talk about, so much to look back on after two years. And because of that, I decided to do a week-long blogoversary celebration with different posts that showcase everything I've done since November of 2012. Mostly everything. (Okay, so something tells me this information would have been nice to put down in the kickoff post instead of this one. But, whatever).

And in this post, I'm going to look back on all that I've accomplished in the two years since I started this blog. I'm also going to talk about some of my favorite posts that I did and my favorite blogs. Pretty much whatever I want, okay? :)

STATS!
**Followers: 250+!!! I can never give an exact number because I don't know how many follow via Bloglovin' (251), GFC (207), or both.
**This will be my 520th post!!
**Almost 2,000 comments! (Half of them are mine, but I still think it's an impressive number).
**Total pageviews: 38,869
**Highest viewed post: I'm Back With a New Name, Design, and Giveaway! That's not totally surprising.
**Most viewed non-giveaway post is my review of Dark Witch by Nora Roberts!
**Top non-US audience: Russia! Like whoa, that's cool.
**Most unique audiences: Turkey, Germany, and China.
**My discussion posts generally get more views and comments than my reviews.

***

Favorite Random Posts!
  • One of my favorites was when I talked about what YA means to me. It was a two-day discussion I had, and the first time I asked other bloggers/authors for help. I had such a positive response, I can't wait to do something like this again. :)
  • A discussion about how I'm a reviewer snob when it comes to books.
  • This very personal post in which I shared the inspiration behind my new blog name. I was very nervous about publishing this, but y'all are freaking amazing at dispelling those worries and concerns of mine. And I love you for it. <3
  • This summer, I started doing the Top Ten Tuesday meme and I loooove it. And this was one of my favorite topics. It was sort of scary to confess all of these blogging insecurities I have and mistakes I've made, but it felt SO good!
  • I finally was able to go to an author signing (other than my mom's), and I had so much fun! I was able to meet Bethany Neal, author of My Last Kiss, and get a picture with her. :) She's seriously one of the sweetest people I've ever met. (And I still need to read her book!)
  • The only book to movie adaption I've ever reviewed. Catching Fire was one of the best movies I've ever seen. FINNICK!
  • This post is about my thoughts on Allegiant, and I'm honestly shocked by what I wrote because I definitely don't feel that way now.
  • My recipe to creating fictional bad boys that was for one of my Flirt Squad challenges after the release of Seven Day Fiance by Rachel Harris. There is also a shirtless Tristan Archer in there. Just sayin'.
  • Another Flirt Squad challenges where I told everyone about the five places I most want to visit, whether past or present.
  • I love surveys, and here is the A to Z bookish survey in 2013! Obviously, many of my answers would change now, so I'm thinking of redoing this. :) Just ignore my obsession with The Archers of Avalon series. 
  • The first ATOTC challenge in which I shared why writing is my favorite passion.
  • I should never have done this post early, because my book boyfriends list has so OBVIOUSLY changed since this was published!

Favorite Reviews!
**Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater <3
**Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
**Deeper & Harder by Robin York
**Ten Tiny Breaths & One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker <3
**The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
**Bully by Penelope Douglas <3
**Wind Chime Cafe by Sophie Moss
**Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine <3
**Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie
**Awaken by Nina Lane <3
**Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
**Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
**Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
**Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover
**Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (just HOW did I ever love this, though)
**Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
**<3 = favorite series or books

Favorite Interviews!
**Jennifer Mathieu
**Cambria Hebert
**Joanne Wadsworth
**C.M. Stunich
I haven't done many, but I want to change that! I LOVE interviewing authors. :)

***

Ignore all of the terrible formatting. I obviously haven't had a chance to change everything to fit my new design. And oh my gosh, it has been so much fun taking a stroll down memory lane! I've come to notice that I love posting random discussions and personal thoughts even more so than reviews. I also adore switching it all up! And I've found out that I HAVE been one of those bloggers who forgets to reply to comments before, which I never thought I was! I could swear I've never (except maybe one or twice) not replied back to someone's comment. Anyway, it's been great fun even if some of these posts make me cringe. I applaud all of you who have stuck it out with me since the early beginning. Haha. But many of these posts just make me laugh, and others bring back fond memories. :)

However, I wouldn't change anything about how this blog started, because this has been one of the most rewarding experiences. And I've found so many amazing people through it! These people are the foxiest of bloggers, so y'all should check them out! (And I'm really sorry if I forgot you. I STILL LOVE YOUUU).

Favorite Blogs!
**It Starts At Midnight
**The Innocent Smiley
**Reading is My Treasure
**Mostly YA Book Obsessed
**MissFictional's World of YA Books
**The Perpetual Page-Turner
**Love at First Page
**Happy Indulgence
**Reading Is Dreaming with Eyes Open
**Beauty and the Bookshelf

Also, don't forget about the international giveaway I have going on! And check back sometime tomorrow for a post about my top ten favorite blogging moments. :)

16 comments:

  1. I WISH I WAS THERE FROM THE BEGINNING TO SEE ALL THESE CHANGES. But yeah, isn't it awesome to just go through and see how much you've changed and improved! It's really the little things that count haha!

    I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR FUTURE POSTS! Keep blogging or else I will find you! Thanks for putting me on your favorite blogs list! You are also on my favorites blog list! :D :D

    Never forget that you're adorable, also I beat Shannon this time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, you didn't really want to see the blog from the beginning!! Haha. AND I WILL NEVER STOP BLOGGING SO YOU CAN'T EITHER.

      I like you. :)

      Delete
    2. HA! I love that Val :) Also, Holly, you should have a place for people to sign up to get your blog via email. I would never be not first again ;)

      Delete
    3. YOU GUYS. :P I've thought about email but wasn't sure if it was worth it. So, I should probably get it?

      Delete
    4. YES! It is free and super easy, I just use feedburner! You too, Val, get on that ;)

      Delete
    5. Shannon, I will look into that! :)

      Delete
    6. You do Val, but you don't have like, an email subscription option! I mean, obviously I want to subscribe :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your two year anniversary! You've accomplished so much. Wow, you interviewed Jennifer Mathieu, cue my jealousy. <3 I'm so excited to see your blog go even further. Like Val Langlois, I wish I was here from the beginning to see your blog change, but alas, I hadn't discovered the book blogosphere yet. I'm looking forward to your future posts this week. :)

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Her interview was one of my favorites, too. And aw, you're too sweet. <3

      Delete
  3. Aww you're the sweetest! Thanks for including my blog, as I said before yours is one of my favorite blogs too! :)) Congratulations on your two year blogoversary! All the stuff you've done to make this blog a better place and to make it a place that YOU feel pleased with is so very impressive. I really like your reviews, especially the review of Blue Lily, Lily Blue from this list. BTW I can totally understand the feeling when you look back at a review you wrote a while ago and realise that your opinion changed a lot since then.
    Wish you the best for the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST LOVE YOUR BLOG, VERONIKA, OKAY. :) And you're the sweetest with your kind words, making me feel all awesome inside. <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the mention, lady! <3 Makes me so happy. And Happy Anniversary! Here's to two more years of blogging! And reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! I love your blog. And thank youuuu. :)

      Delete
  5. Awwww THANKS! You've made my day :) I love the history of your blog too, and seeing the old posts! (Also, I am pretty sure you have convinced me to read Anna Dressed in Blood, I had been on the fence!) Catching Fire for sure was the best. Also, Russia loves my blog too! What is that!? This is so fun, I love your celebration posts! I am so throwing virtual confetti ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I HOPE YOU READ IT AND LOVE IT!! And I love that you are loving these posts. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3