Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Tag

I'm kind of confused on whether this is a tag or an award. But since I love doing tags and I want to keep my blog award-free, I'm calling this a tag, okay? I also don't know who started this, but they're awesome. Anyway, I was nominated by Sarah (who is a Mitten blogger too, so yay) over at The Book Traveler. Thanks, girl! :)

The Rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.

Sarah's Qs!
1. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
Series: Lord of the Rings (though I've never actually read this trilogy) and The Hobbit. One that can stand all on its own: Catching Fire (which was freaking amazing!)

2. What is your favorite genre to read?
FANTASY. <3 <3 I love getting lost in other worlds and the creativity and the courageous characters and the writing and just gah, I adore everything about this genre. It's my go-to.

3. When did your love for reading begin?
Honestly? I have no freaking clue. My friend and I were just talking about our earliest memories, and I've come to realize that I don't remember much from my childhood. And so I don't know when it began. I just know that I've always loved reading.

4. What author would you most like to meet (alive or dead)?
Colleen Hoover. Because she is awesome and amazing and funny and seriously a riot. That would be one hilarious encounter.

5. How many books do you buy in a month?
You really want an estimate? Oh, dear Lord. Okay, maybe a dozen. But probably more. However, that's mostly kindle books (all those deals just get me, yo).

6. What book would you recommend everyone read?
Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts. My all-time favorite. I adore everything about this series, and I wish more people would read it so I can fangirl and flail with them. Standalone: Between Shades of Gray, an honest and heart-wrenching portrayal of life in the concentration camps.

7. Did you have a favorite childhood book (if not, what’s your favorite book now?)
Again with the childhood memories! And again, I can't answer it because I honestly don't remember! I think it was a picture book with cats. Or something. I definitely know it was about cats, though!

8. What book character do you most identify with?
Probably Kacey Cleary from Ten Tiny Breaths. She's like the complete opposite of me: crazy, wild, bold. But I felt such a connection to her while reading, especially in the way she dealt with her grief and what her healing process was like. Or Moira from the Circle Trilogy. She's studious, quiet, courageous, strong. Someone who will do what needs doing, even if it's hard. 

9. Are there any popular books you refuse to read?
I'll never refuse to read a book, but there are some that I've DNFed and let's be honest, I'll probably never get back to them. Ever. One would be This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas. I tried to read it... but no. It was so boring and kind of ridiculous.

10. Why do you love reading?
Reading is my safe space, my hideaway. It's my escape from reality and the thing that keeps me grounded when I'm lost. And some books impact me deeply, and those are the ones I keep close to my heart. <3

***

I CHOOSE YOU:

My Qs:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Do you have any quirky reading habits?
3. What book have you reread the most?
4. What do you do when you're in a reading slump?
5. Do you judge a book by its cover?
6. If you could live in one fictional world, what would it be?
7. What's one of your pet peeves in books?
8. When thinking about reading a book, do you research it and ask friends about it, or do you like taking chances and going in blind?
9. Which fictional character would you love to spend the day with?
10. Who is your favorite OTP (one true pairing)?

I hope none of you have been tagged, but if you have, well, you're getting tagged again. So that means you should probably answer my questions before I hunt you down and... Wait, this turned creepy. Aaaaanyway, I hope y'all like tags and answering questions. :)

15 comments:

  1. Haha awesome! Not sure if I'll be able to do it but I'll try my best!! That's awesome that you don't ever say never to any potential books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay if you don't. :) And yeah, I never want to say no to a book because what if I'm missing out on something amazing? Though, there are a few that I'm on the fence about and not sure if I will read someday.

      Delete
  2. You're totally right, Catching Fire was freaking amazing, more than Mockingjay Part 1, I think. Have you seen Mockingjay, yet? I have yet to read a Colleen Hoover novel but I plan to! It seems to me that everyone's read at least one series by her and then here I am haha. I connected easily to Kacey too, though she's really different from me.
    Wonderful answers!
    Thanks so much for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet but want to so badly! I NEED MORE FINNICK IN MY LIFE. Also, VERONIKA WHY HAVE YOU NOT READ COHO YET. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME. Girl, you need to change that immediately! And Kacey is just freaking awesome; one of my favorite female characters ever. And thank you; if you do it, I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  3. WOW HOLLY 12 BOOKS A MONTH OK THERE WOW.

    I don't want to be hunted down, so I'll do this after I do a little homework today :P ALSO ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THE LAST HOBBIT MOVIE? Yes! :D Ok I'll add the Circle Trilogy to my list just for you Holly.

    CAN'T WAIT TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS! Hahah look at that one true pairing question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KINDLE BOOKS VAL. There are always sales and freebies going on, and so I pick up A LOT of them!

      YOU BETTER. :P And yesssss, how can one not be excited about the 3rd Hobbit movie? I'm really sad it's the last one, though. I could watch these movies and LOTR forever. AND OMG VAL PLEASE READ THIS TRILOGY I NEED TO FANGIRL WITH SOMEONE.

      I can't wait to read your answers! And yeah, I totally stole that question from someone else. Haha. :)

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHHAHA YOU SKIPPED QUESTION 8 WHEN COMING UP WITH Q's FAIL HOLLY FAIL.

      Delete
    3. NO I DIDN'T! IT'S ON THERE; IT'S JUST VERY LONG.

      Delete
    4. I was gonna say, IT WAS SO ON THERE BEFORE. Haha. Haha. It's all your fault.

      Delete
  4. Great answers! I think I'd most like to meet J.K Rowling. Cause I mean - honestly? Who wouldn't want to meet her? And if I could choose a dead writer, it would definitely be Louisa May Alcott. Love me some Little Women! <3

    Lovely blog! I followed via bloglovin!

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, it would be AMAZING to meet J.K. Rowling!! And oh, I still need to read Little Women. Love the movie (and Little Men!). Thank you for the follow. :)

      Delete
  5. I love tags too, they're fun and a good way to get to know other bloggers! :) I enjoyed reading your answers.

    I've never read Lord of the Rings either, though I loved the Hobbit as a kid. (and yes the movies rock!)

    I don't think Kindle books count. At least I don't count them, because it's not like they're REAL books. (Plus then I'm not doing so well with my book buying ban...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly; I love getting to know the people behind the blogs through tags, and I enjoyed answering the questions!

      You're my new favorite person; LOTR and The Hobbit FTW. :)

      Bahaha, I still count them because technically I'm buying a book. But yeah, without, I'd be doing great at not spending too much money on books! Ha.

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3