Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Waiting for Wednesday #25

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm waiting on Devoted by Jennier Mathieu!
Expected publication date: June 2nd, 2015.

Rachel Walker is devoted to God. She prays every day, attends Calvary Christian Church with her family, helps care for her five younger siblings, dresses modestly, and prepares herself to be a wife and mother who serves the Lord with joy. But Rachel is curious about the world her family has turned away from, and increasingly finds that neither the church nor her homeschool education has the answers she craves. Rachel has always found solace in her beliefs, but now she can’t shake the feeling that her devotion might destroy her soul.

***

Why am I waiting for this book?

I loved The Truth About Alice so freaking much. It's one of the most powerful YA books that I've read, and I would recommend it to teens everywhere. It took a sensitive subject like bullying and just made it realistic and genuine and it didn't shy away from it. It was an honest portrayal that I greatly appreciated. And that ending was so beautiful. So, naturally, I'm excited about her next book. This sounds so intriguing, and I like that Rachel is a Christian who has a curious heart and mind. I can't wait to read her story. :)

What book are YOU waiting on this week? As always, leave me a link! :)

18 comments:

  1. Hi Holly,

    this Cover is really adoreable <3 I love it. I just don't know the author but maybe I have to read a book of her.

    Nice Greetings from Germany,

    xoxo Sonja

    P.S. I like your blog and so I stay here as a new reader ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read her book! Thanks for visiting and following, Sonja! :)

      Delete
  2. IT COMES OUT IN JUNE. THAT'S SORT OF, KIND OF, CLOSE! I loved The Truth About Alice, which I think I may have already told you. It was so well told with it's multiple point of views and dealing of rumors and everything. So. Great.

    I also love books involving religion, This sounds fantastic. I just hope the Christianity is dealt with okay and not super...bad, where like...the family's completely close-minded and everything.

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JUNE IS NOT SORT OF CLOSE AMBER. IT'S TOO FAR AWAY! :( *cries* And yes, I already knew you loved it! And wasn't it just so well-written? I need more from her! I'm really excited about the religious aspect, because I haven't read one like that in years. And oh, I'm sure she'll handle it as well as she did bullying. I know Jennifer's hoping she did the story justice, and I have no doubt that she did. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard about this book before, sounds interesting. I hope you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will too! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read The Truth About Alice or heard of this book before, but both sound good and I'll definitely be adding them to my TBR. Great choice!

    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that's what I love to hear! I hope you enjoy TTAA. :)

      Delete
  5. I still need to read The Truth About Alice, heard so many good things. Only saw the one I think a week ago, sounds good. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of the author but since this book sounds great I will check her out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check her out!! :)

      Delete
  7. This is the first I've heart of this book. It sounds like a touching read though. I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, doesn't it? Sounds like a tear-jerker also. I can't wait to read it. :)

      Delete
  8. I totally need to add this to my TBR, it sounds amazing!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it sound amazing? And thanks for the follow! :)

      Delete
  9. GREAT pick! I have had this one on my radar too, I really want to know what the deal is! Of course, I am always wary of a religious book, as I don't really know how much I would be able to get on board with anything preachy, but I don't see this book being that way. Hopefully it'll be wonderful, and I hope you love it!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I don't want a "preachy" novel, though I used to read Christian romances all the time. However, they never felt like that to me. But yeah, haven't read many religious stories since then, but I loooove the idea of this one. And it's Jennifer Mathieu, so I'm sure I'll love it. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3