Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #24

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm DYING to read The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson!
Expected publication date: July 7th, 2015!
**THIS SYNOPSIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

Intrigue abounds in this hotly anticipated sequel to The Kiss of Deception!

Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save her life, Lia's erstwhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: there's Rafe, who lied to Lia, but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be barbarians. Now that she lives amongst them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country... and her own destiny.

***

Why am I dying to read this book?

I LOVED THE KISS OF DECEPTION SO MUCH!! It's still one of my favorite reads of 2014. I was actually lucky enough to read it early so I was finished and had no one to flail with in March. Anyway, I adored the main character and how kickass a heroine she was. I loved my two boys, Rafe and Kaden. I never knew who was who, and that mystery was so puzzling. I was completely wrong, but it never changed my feelings. And the world-building, the setting, the details, the writing. Everything was perfection. I need the sequel right this second or I'm going to die. (No, I'm not being melodramatic, I swear). Plus that cover is freaking GORGEOUS!! It's dark and enchanting and the prettiest blue.

What book is your WOW pick this week? As always, drop me a link! :)

2 comments:

  1. Eeeep! I still haven't read Kiss of Deception - super worried about that love triangle! I will see how this one is and then read them back to back if all is okay on the romantic front. :P The cover is gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that! Honestly, I loved it, but then again I don't have as much of a problem with them as you. It's a love triangle, but it isn't! Lol. I'm curious to see how everything plays out in The Heart of Betrayal. And yes, gorgeous cover. I need the pretty on my shelf. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3