Tuesday, December 2, 2014

(20) Top Ten Highly Anticipated 2015 Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2015

I don't know how I'm going to narrow this down to ten, but I'm going to damn well try!

1. The Heart of Betrayal
This IS my highly anticipated 2015 book, and I'm dying to get my hands on it early. The Kiss of Deception was one of my favorite reads this year!

2. Rook
I only juuuust found this while I was searching for books for this list, and oh my God, how have I never heard of it before? I WANT THIS. *grabby hands*

3. Devoted
This was my WOW pick last week, and I'm so excited for it! I loved Jennifer's debut and can't wait for this one.

4. Crimson Bound
Even though I haven't read Cruel Beauty, this has to be on my list! I love fairytale retellings so much.

5. Magonia
This book sounds so freaking good! And seriously, that cover is hella amazing. I just want to stare at it all day.

6. Becoming Rain
I looooved the first book in this series, and even though I'm a little unsure of my feelings toward Boone, I'm excited for his story.

7. Black Dove, White Raven
Code Name Verity was one of my favorite reads this year, and so now I want all of Elizabeth Wein's books.

8. The Darkest Part of the Forest
I adored The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, so I'm looking forward to another book by Holly Black (not that she doesn't have any out already...)

9. Fairest
Um, yes. How could I not be excited about this book? I freaking love this series, and I just want MORE MORE MORE.

10. No Covers Yet
The Raven Cycle #4: I lied when I said the first one was my most highly anticipated. I JUST NEED MORE GANSEY IN MY LIFE OKAY.
Truthwitch: It's Susan Dennard. That's all you need to know.

Am I the only one who had trouble narrowing it down to 10 (Shhhh, the last two count as one, okay)? I still have more that I need on my bookshelf already. Like Things We Know By Heart and Seeker. Yup, I'm cheating. Totally worth it. There would have been even more for this list, except I saved the 2015 debuts for the TTT topic about them in January. I just know this year is going to be good when it comes to books, and I WANT THEM ALL. *grabby hands*

***

So, what books are you most looking forward to reading in 2015? As always, leave me a link! :)

28 comments:

  1. I think everyone needs a good dose of Gansey in their lives. The fourth Raven Cycle book also made my list (I'm no fool!) and also Crimson Bound. Great list this week.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone needs a good dose of Gansey in their lives. <--YESSSSS.

      Delete
  2. It was nearly impossible to narrow it down to just ten! I would have added most of what's on your list, too! I want to read those. I still need to read Kiss of Deception, but I'm sure I'll want to read The Heart of Betrayal just as badly as you since I've heard so many good things about the series. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO impossible!! And oh, you must read The Kiss of Deception. It's friggin' AMAZING. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you loved Kiss of Deception, I'm planning on reading it later this month between semesters. Magonia made my list too. I had no idea Elizabeth Wein was releasing a new book next year!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you love it!! And now you know so you can add another book to your list. I can't wait for her new one. :)

      Delete
  4. Yessssssssssssssssssssssss to so much of this! I LOVED The Kiss of Deception. I'm basically rabid, waiting for The Heart of Betrayal. I need it!

    I absolutely adore Holly Black's work. I started The Darkest Part of the Forest, but I had to put it on hold in favor of other releases. If you want to read something similar-ish by Holly Black while you wait, I would definitely check out the Modern Fairy Tales (Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside.) Black is just SO good at urban fantasy!

    Gahhh I have like, a visceral reaction to seeing Fairest. I CAN'T wait. I was wishing and hoping for a novella about Levana so this is basically my wish coming true here!

    Bekka
    Great Imaginations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I need The Heart of Betrayal so badly!!! And ooh, thanks for the rec! I really want to read more of her books for sure. Also, I looooove that we're getting a whole book about Levana. It's such a treat, when it was never even planned. And I so want to know the reasons behind this evil queen's plan to take over the world. :)

      Delete
  5. I keep seeing Magnolia around and I'm very intrigued! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it sound so good? AND THAT COVER IS GORGEOUS!

      Delete
  6. Now I really need to read Cruel Beauty. And The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY BOOKS UNREAD?? (internal screaming)

    http://perusingbookshelves.weebly.com/home/top-ten-books-im-looking-forward-to-in-2015

    -Kat @ Perusing Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read it too!! AND GAH, WHERE IS THE TIME TO READ ALL OF THEM TOO?

      Delete
  7. I am super excited for oh so many of these. Crimson Bound, Rook!!!!!! It looks good. Devoted is new to me and I still need The Kiss of Deception.

    here's my post

    Thanks! I also have a $30 giveaway going on, so be sure to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! You've got a few on here that I am really excited to read, but completely forgot to put on my list - The Darkest Part of the Forest and Fairest especially. 2015 is going to be a brilliant year for books. I hope you enjoy of these when you finally get to read them :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darkest Part and Fairest--gah, I can't wait for them! And oh my, 2015 is already shaping up to be a FANTASTIC year for books. I WANT THEM ALL! :P

      Delete
  9. I'm glad Kiss of Deception was so good, I haven't read it yet. I hadn't heard of Rook before these lists. Cruel Beauty is on sale for Kindle this week. Now I just need time to read it. Magonia sounds good too! Fairest sounds awesome! I'm so glad it turned out to be a book instead of a short story! With all of the lists lately I had the opposite problem, I could only come up with eight. Browsing goodreads fixed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ IT READ IT READ IT!! And howwww did you only come up with 8?! I could barely stick to "10"! Haha.

      Delete
  10. Narrowing it down was evil to make us do, really. Rook almost made my list (again, cuts), and Devoted and Magonia are definitely high up on my TBR! Oh, and Fairest of course. And The Darkest Part of the Forest was SO good!!! I think you'll love it :) GREAT list!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the evilest of requests. *side eyes Broke and Bookish girls* I didn't even know about Rook until I made this list! Shame on me. SKAHGIWELKJF YOU'VE READ THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST OMG SO JEALOUS SHANNON SHARE WITH ME?

      Delete
  11. HOLLLLLLY OMG ELIZABETH WEIN HAS A NEW BOOK COMING OUT THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER GAHHHHH.

    Oh you're right that Magonia cover is gorgeous. AND RAVEN BOYS <3 I'm going to read that third book soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEST DAY EVERRRRR. LOVE ELIZABETH!!

      Valllllll, I'm so disappointed. Why haven't you read BLLB yet?!

      Delete
    2. Because school. And life. I have around 20 on my TBR for winter break sadly

      Delete
    3. But BLLB will be at the top of that list, right? RIIIIIGHT?

      Delete
  12. Yes, now I DEFINITELY need The Raven Cycle #4 in my life haha. HOW WILL IT END?! I'm scared but excited at the same time.

    Can't wait for Fairest (though I wish Winter hadn't been moved back) and Magonia too. I still need to read Burying Water!

    Happy reading, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO SCARED about Raven Cycle #4!! I MEAN, HOW IS EVERYTHING GOING TO END AND WILL MY SHIP FINALLY SET SAIL. HONESTLY THAT'S LIKE ALL I CARE ABOUT. :P

      Girl, you seriously need to read Burying Water!!

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3