Tuesday, December 9, 2014

(21) Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


1. Morgan Matson
I read Since You've Been Gone in July, and I loved it so freaking much. In a well-ordered universe, Frank Porter would be mine and I'd have all of MM's books (even the ones she hasn't written yet).

2. Penelope Douglas
If you don't know yet my love for Bully, where have you been?! I kid, I kid. But seriously, this book is still one of my favorite 2014 reads and I remember everything about it (that could also be because I just finished Until You a couple days ago. But shhhh). JARED. <3 I also need Madoc's story, stat.

3. K.A. Tucker
I read Ten Tiny Breaths in May, and I became hooked on all of her books. She's such an amazing author, and I need MORE. But I only have one more of her books left to read, and then I'll be shit out of luck until March, so I need to savor it.

4. Stephanie Perkins
Binge-reading Anna, Lola, and Isla this summer was one of the best decisions I ever made. These books just made me so happy. They also brought me Cricket Bell, and I will forever have Stephanie to thank for that.

5. Elizabeth Wein
Oh, what can I say about Code Name Verity besides GO READ IT RIGHT NOW. One of my favorite historical novels ever. And seriously one of the best friendships I've ever read. I need to read Rose Under Fire very soon.

6. Mary E. Pearson
I feel like I'm just repeating myself here when I say that The Kiss of Deception was one of my favorite 2014 reads and so now I want to read all of her books. I feel like that's been the same for all of these lovely authors.

7. Krista & Becca Ritchie
These two totally count as one, okay! Even though I haven't yet kept going with their Addicted series, I will soon. I loved the first book and I really want to start reading the series soon. There is just a lot of books in it and I want enough time so I can binge them.

8. Susan Dennard
Even though I still haven't finished her series, Susan has got to be one of my favorites. I just know I'm going to love the other two books as much as Something Strange and Deadly. I'm also super stoked about Truthwitch. I love me some fantasy.

9. Heather Lyons
This is much like with Sooz. I've only read one of her books, but I know I want more. I loved The Deep End of the Sea, and I can't wait to read her Fate series.

10. Jennifer Mathieu
I feel like you've heard a lot about how much I loved Jennifer's debut, The Truth About Alice, in the past few weeks. I even chose her next book as my WOW pick. I seriously can't wait to read it; I just know it's going to be good. :)

Honorable Mentions (because I can't stop at 10): Robin York and Amber Hart.

I read so many new-to-me authors this year! But these are the authors that I knew were going to become favorites just based on how much I loved the first book I read of theirs. And they were the ones whose other books I immediately had to have. And clearly, I need to spend some more time catching up on their books, because there are so many that I have yet to read. :)


What authors have YOU read and loved this year? Leave me a link so I can check out your TTT and find more new-to-me authors! :)

24 comments:

  1. I really, really want to read Since You've Been Gone!! Seems so incredible! :)

    I am ashamed to say have yet to read Anna and the French Kiss...

    I've heard incredible things about Kiss of Deception and the synopsis intrigued me!

    Awesome post!
    ~Fari 0:)
    A Recent-ish Post: Does the Guilt Crush You? @ My Little Corner For Books (Warning: Involves chihuahuas, awesomeness/weirdness depending on how you look at it and guilty confessions about DNF-ing books! XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SYBG is so incredible! And *gasps* GIRL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING GO READ IT RIGHT THIS INSTANT. YOU NEED TO DISCOVER THE WONDERFULNESS THAT IS STEPHANIE PERKINS.

      Delete
  2. Stephanie Perkins!!!! so glad you fell in love with her, too! Ahhh, CODE NAME VERITY has been on my TBR for at least two years now. I just am saving it for a good ugly cry day when I'm in *that* mood! Mary E. Pearson is on my list, too. So, so good!!! I'm so excited to finally read Susan Dennard next year when her new series comes out. She's such a lovely person! Just...zombies. But Truthwitch sounds STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG You need to read Code Name Verity!! But yes, it will make you cry. Probably. Unless you're a heartless human being. (That was rude, I am sorry). And riiiight? Love MP! Haha, zombies aren't for everyone (I'm not a huge fan of them either), but gah, TRUTHWITCH. FANTASY. I NEEDS IT.

      Delete
  3. I love Stephanie Perkins. It's great. The rest I'm dying to read. Thanks for sharing.

    here's mine

    I also have a $30 gift certicate to Amazon giveaway, so check that out if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved Jennifer Mathieu's debut! I can't believe that I forgot to put it on my list! It looks like you've discovered some great authors this year! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for a Jen fan!! And I have, yes. I can't wait to discover more next year. :)

      Delete
  5. I've seen Stephanie Perkins on a couple of lists so far so I'm glad I'm not the last one on the planet to read her contemporaries haha. I've heard a lot about Jennifer Mathieu but still The Truth About Alice is on my never ending TBR pile . C:

    Here's my Top Ten: https://bookrambles.wordpress.com/2014/12/09/top-ten-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2014/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try one of SP's books!! SO good! And also The Truth About Alice. It's pretty freaking amazing. :)

      Delete
  6. I HAVEN'T READ ANY OF THESE AUTHORS I AM SUCH A POO. But I do have Anna and the French Kiss on my shelf, which I will get to, one day, after finals.

    AND I WANT TO READ THE DEEP END OF THE SEA

    OH WAIT I READ CODE NAME VERITY AND ROSE UNDER FIRE. Those were great books. Elizabeth Wein is on my list too muhahah.

    I just have to read everything on your list. Meep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VAL. READ ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS RIGHT NOW.

      Also Deep End! Oh my gosh, I can't believe you forgot about Elizabeth Wein!! BAD VAL. And you should read everything, these authors are amazing. :)

      Delete
  7. I really liked TEN TINY BREATHS, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Susan Dennard's books! I still haven't read any Stephanie Perkins yet, but I have them and I intend to read them in 2015. Finally. Great list! Here's mine

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, can't wait to hear what you think of Stephanie's books! :)

      Delete
  9. Elizabeth Wein, yes! Rose Under Fire was almost as good as Code Name Verity, while still managing to be different. She's got another book coming out in 2015. :)

    I haven't heard of ANY of your other authors... wow. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that makes me even more excited to read Rose Under Fire!! And I know!! It's one of my highly anticipated 2015 reads. :) And oh, you should read them. You really should.

      Delete
  10. I read Anna and Lola this past summer too, I still haven't gotten to Isla yet. Oh my gosh, I forgot to add Jennifer Mathieu to my list! Dang it. :( I also have Morgan Matson books I need to read. I haven't read any of the other authors you mentioned, though K.A. Tucker sounds interesting.

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ ISLA. READ IT, READ IT. Although, I know how you felt about both Anna and Lola, so I don't know how you'd feel about Isla. (Remember? This is when we became friends. :) How dare you forget about Jennifer! And oh, MM. Love her and need to read everything of hers. AND OH MY GOSH PLEASE READ KA TUCKER. PRETTY PLEASE.

      Delete
  11. Yay for Morgan Matson! I'm pretty sure you would love Amy & Roger's Epic Detour too. If I had done this TTT, Stephanie Perkins would be on my list as well. She's such a great contemporary YA author.

    I really want to read one of Krista and Becca Richie's books. Addicted to You looks amazing!! I've been curious about that one since I discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Amy & Roger on my kindle and am waiting for the chance to read it!! Also, you should because Addicted to You was SO. FREAKING. GOOD. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. :)

      Delete
  12. Stephanie Perkins was on my list, too! So glad I finally decided to read her books. I like Morgan Matson a lot (haven't read Since You've Been Gone yet though...)

    Nice choices, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love SP! Also, oh my gosh, you need to get right on that girl! SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE WAS AMAZING!! :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3