Tuesday, December 30, 2014

(23) Top Ten 2015 Goals/Resolutions

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2015! 

Thank you Val for letting me know today was not the topic of 2015 debuts! I didn't find that out until 11, which left me less than an hour to come up with this post. Anyway, these are a mix of blogging and real life resolutions. I always try to do goals, but I never accomplish them. But I really, really hope to do that this year. Here's to making 2015 even better than 2014! :)

1. Be more open with people.
I'm not a very open person, and I have tons of walls up to keep people out of my life and my heart. And I want to stop doing that, because it's hurting my relationships with family and friends. And it's hurting me.

2. Have better organization.
I mean, seriously, I need some organization for this blog. I want to spend some time tweaking the layout and organizing my pages. I also need to better organize my time when it comes to reading, especially with ARCs and "me" books. And honestly, I just need more organization in my life, not just in blogging.

3. Make a schedule and stick with it.
I suck at sticking with schedules. I suck at making them. I especially want a blog schedule that I will actually maintain and keep up with. I think this goes along with my organization goal, but yeah, I want to be that person who color-codes and has everything set up months in advance. Okay, maybe not that extreme. Baby steps.

4. Meet as many people as I can at BEA.
I am so excited to be going to BEA! I'm probably, most likely going to be traveling alone from Michigan to New York. But once there, I'll be rooming with Shannon and Val and I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET THEM. And I want to meet as many other bloggers and authors as I can! So if you're going, let me know! :)

5. Be more spontaneous.
I'm not a spontaneous person at all, but I want to be more open to changes this year. I want to do something just because and not have to plan it out ahead of time. I want to live more, I don't know, freely and with less constraint.

6. Plan a cool, big event for The Fox's Hideaway.
I've never done a big event, but I want to. It'll probably be a little bit stressful, and asking authors to help out is intimidating. But I have one planned for March that I can't wait to start organizing! It's going to be awesome. I hope.

7. Visit and comment on blogs more often.
I used to be so good at this, but in the last few months, it's been a slow progress. And I hate that, because I absolutely love commenting and visiting other blogs, keeping up with their posts and actually reading them. But lately, I've stopped doing it and that makes me sad. I love doing this and want to get back to it. And I want to start visiting even more blogs and make new friends.

8. Not be afraid to DNF a review book.
Even when I changed my review policy, I only DNFed two review books. There were plenty of books that I told myself I was setting aside for now, but let's be honest; I probably won't ever get back to them. I need to keep reminding myself that it's okay to not like a book, that it's okay to put it away indefinitely. And then I need to remind myself that it's okay to write a DNF review.

9. Exercise. And actually do it.
Even though I say this every year, I haven't ever kept up with it. But now I have a bike for my room, so there's no more excuses not to be exercising. And I also want to lose some weight before BEA, so here's to sticking with this plan!

10. Live deliberately.
For the past four years, I haven't felt like I was really living. I would say this every year: this will be the year that I finally stop wallowing and living in the past. And it never happens. But I want to change that this year. I want to really make 2015 count. I want to live deliberately.

 What are some of your New Year's resolutions or goals? What would you like to change in 2015? As always, leave me a link! :)

18 comments:

  1. SPONTANEITY --> COME TO BOSTON AND VISIT ME. Or Rochester. That's only a couple hours away. HAHA. You should get an extended license so you can drive through Canada and visit me Rochester.

    Ok but for realz. Yes yes thank me a lot muhahah. But I really like your resolutions THEY ARE GOOD. Like definitely DNF books you don't like. And definitely read more books that YOU WANT TO READ (or I force you to read). AND WOW MONTHS IN ADVANCED. I was thinking of that resolution for myself. But I've just decided to stick with making a post for the next day. And that's it. I can't schedule things unless they're STS or maybe even TTTs.

    I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU IN NYC GAH I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T BELIEVE IT IS HAPPENING. All we have to do is get a hotel and WE ARE DONEEEE. and the tickets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, if you lived closer, I would so take a spontaneous trip to see you!

      Gah, I really need to remember that it's okay to just DNF a book, send in feedback on NG or EW, and just move on. None of this "setting it aside for later" shit. I still feel a little guilty doing it, but I changed my review policy last summer for a reason and I actually need to use it. I've definitely been reading more "me" books, and it's helped immensely. But then again, all of the books I request for review I'm excited about. It's just that, when more time passes, I become less excited and so keep pushing them back. And that's why I have such a huge backlog on NG, which is what I'm spending a lot of time on this year to cleaning up and reading more often from. But yes, DNFing is a major resolution for me, because I have to remember THAT IT'S OKAY.

      EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT BEA, I GET A LITTLE MORE EXCITED. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU AND SHANNON. <3

      Delete
  2. Spontaneity was on m goal list last year and it changed so much of my life! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it helped you. Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  3. Good set of goals. I have such a hard time marking a regular book as DNF; it is so hard to mark a review book as DNF. I need to have that goal as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's SO hard!! I guess I don't ever want to mark them as DNF, because then that makes it final and I've given up on the books. But I tell myself to stop wasting so much time on the books I don't like, because there are so many more out there that I'm going to love. I hope the both of us can reach this goal! Best of luck to you on it. :)

      Delete
  4. I need more organization too! Exercise is always a good goal, health body healthy mind! I need to comment back more often too, I'm caught up to Dec. 27th now after being woefully behind (as in two months behind on comments). Ooh big events are always fun. Good luck with your goals, you can do it!!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hope you reach all of your goals too. :)

      Delete
  5. Great goals! I love the variety of reading/blogging, travel, and self-care. Looks like a great new year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for BEA! It's like Christmas in May! It's always nice to run into people, too. I definitely need to be more organized! Good luck with your resolutions and happy reading in the New Year!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to BEA too? Oh my gosh, SO COOL!! Good luck to you too. :)

      Delete
  7. I am so jealous that you are going to BEA I don't have anyone to go with... I just might go by myself some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll be able to go someday! I feel like this is going to be an experience that shouldn't be missed. :)

      Delete
  8. Aw, I LOVE your #10! I need to do that too, so so much. And while we're at it, your #9 ;) I am so excited for BEA!! Sorry your friend seems to be flaking out though. Grr.

    I am so excited about your big blog thing! That sounds amazing! I want to do something like this too, but I haven't a clue what. And I always do my posts at 11:00 ;) So yeah, I guess that is why scheduling is among my resolutions!

    These are just wonderful! I hope you are able to achieve them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu, Shannon. Good luck to both us in all of our resolutions. :)

      Delete
  9. You've got some great resolutions here! I am also working on getting more into commenting back and commenting on others blogs. I have been working hard at sticking to my schedule, and I am sure you can do it as well. I hope you have so much fun at BEA, I hope you enjoy it there! I would love to go someday, but I live half a world away, so it is expensive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be so good at replying and commenting back in a good timeframe, but lately I've been slacking hardcore and that needs to stop. I also want to discover more blogs this year and make more friends. And aw, I hope you'll be able to go to BEA someday! It'll be so much fun.

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3