Thursday, December 25, 2014

Top 10 of 2014: Best Book Boyfriends

It's Day 4 of the top 10 of 2014 week, and it's the one I'm sure most of us have all been waiting for. It's time to rank the best of the best in terms of... BOYS. Yeah, that's right. We're listing our favorite book boyfriends of the year! 

1. Gansey
I'm sure no one is surprised by this. I'd tell you why, but I actually wrote a whole post about Gansey over here. I'm also giving away a book in The Raven Cycle series, so go enter if you haven't already. It's international. :)

2. Akiva
Oh, my Akiva. My strong, deadly fighter. My complicated angel who only wanted to find peace for everyone and make up for the past.

3. Balthazaar
A guy who struggles with right and wrong, past mistakes and regrets, but still manages to be a good man. One who is worthy of love.

4. Levi
His love for Pixie might be his most attractive feature. He would do anything for her, even at the risk of his own happiness.

5. Raffe
One of my favorite angels. He's intense, rough around the edges, and dangerous. But he can throw out a one-liner like no one's business.

6. Rafe
It's hard to tell you about this dude without giving anything away, so I'll just say this: he's sweet, protective, and he'll do anything for Lia.

7. Frank
Smart, funny, an all-around great guy to have as a friend or a boyfriend, even if he doesn't have the greatest taste in music. :P

8. Perry
A hunter who became a leader, a young guy who only wanted to save his people and the girl he loves and who would do whatever it took to protect them.

9. West
A fighter, a lover, a broken-down guy who only wanted atone for his mistakes and be seen as worthy of love.

10. Fear
I totally fell for this complicated and mysterious character, but what had me swooning was his fierce protectiveness toward Elizabeth.

Honorable Mention: Cade Maxwell from Caged in Winter. Because I'm reading it right now, and I'm already in love with him.


So, what were YOUR favorite book boyfriends of 2014?! :)

17 comments:

  1. I haven't met any of these guys! :-( Lots of these books are on my TBR though!

    Best Book Boyfriends of 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely find the time to meet them! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've only read Dreams of Gods and Monsters and Angelfall from your selection, I certainly agree with Raffe and Akiva.

    Here's a list of my top 10:
    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/day-4-top-10-book-boyfriends-of-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for more Raffe and Akiva love. :)

      Delete
  4. I know none of these boys, sadly :( But they're all on my TBR so I suppose I'll get to swoon soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. AKIVAAAA. RAFFEEEEE. *drools* I have the first book in the Raven Cycle series so I guess I should get to that soon, eh?

    And Balthazar seems perfectly swoon-worthy. Can't wait to get around to reading Mortal Heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much love for Akivaaa and Raffeee. <3 And omg Summer, you need to read that series!

      I can't wait for you to read Mortal Heart. Balthazaar is so wonderful. :)

      Delete
  6. BALTHAZAAR!! And Raif!! Love these men. So swoony!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy holidays :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're very swoony men! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. I need to read so many of these. You are also making my "which books to buy with my gift card" decision even harder! Definite Raffe and Perry though! I didn't read about Raffe this year though so I guess he wouldn't count for me. Maybe Warner from the Shatter Me series. Drill Sgt Stamm from Rites of Passage. Ethan from One Past Midnight. Henri from The Cure for Dreaming... okay I will stop now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE MAKING YOUR DECISIONS MORE DIFFICULT.

      Yay for more Perry love! I adores him. And ooh, I still need to finish the Shatter Me series, because after reading book one, I'm more partial to Adam (but apparently that will change, eh? I've he becomes terrible later on).

      You didn't have to stop, you know. I'm sure you had more book boyfriends to name.

      Delete
  8. HAHAHAH GANESY of course. ALSO I AM SORRY. I DO NO LIKE AKIVA THAT MUCH. DO NOT MOOSH ME.

    No but yeah, those are the only two that I know of on your list. GUESS I GOTTA READ MORE (I like Noah better)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I...I...I DON'T KNOW IF WE CAN BE FRIENDS ANYMORE. AKIVA IS MY FAVORITE ANGEL.

      I already know you have to read more, and I also know you love Noah more. Again, I'm okay with this because that leaves Gansey all for me. ;)

      Delete
  9. I have still not read Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle Boys series yet. I want to soon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it soon!!!

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3