Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Top 10 of 2014: Favorite Book Couples

It's Day 3 in the top ten of 2014 week! Today's theme was BLOGGER/READER CHOICE. So, I looked at all of the topics and had to pick which one I wanted to focus on. I'd already used a few in my top ten Tuesdays, like New Adult titles and contemporaries. I wanted to do villains, but I hadn't read enough for that, as well as with debuts, love triangles, and bad boys (I mean, who are even the bad boys anymore?). So, I decided to focus on COUPLES!


When I ship a couple, I ship it HARD. I become obsessed, a squealing mess while I'm reading when there are longing looks passed between the two and amazing banter that just about kills me. When those shippity shippy ship feels happen in a book, ASDFJKL; I LOVE THIS BOOK SO HARD AND I NEED MORE. And these are ten of my OTPs (because there can never be just one). <3

1. Gansey and Blue
MINT LEAVES. That is all.

2. Akiva and Karou
Forbidden love is delicious.

3. Cian and Moira
The best hate-to-love relationship I've ever read.

4. Balthazaar and Annith
One of the hottest YA romances I read this year.

5. Lola and Cricket
Two adorably non-normal characters who fit together so perfectly.

6. Caroline and West
Love is forgiveness and being there for each other through everything.

7. Levi and Pixie
The longing looks and sexual tension between these two damn near killed me.

8. Raffe and Penryn
A human and angel relationship has never been this full of chemistry and banter.

9. Lia and Rafe
Deception can't stop or deceive love.

10. Frank and Emily
Friendship first builds a strong foundation.

Guys, I just realized that only two of these weren't published in 2014. And yes, one of these was a reread but I don't even care because they [Cian and Moira] will always be one of my favorite couples ever. Anyway, so yeah, I ship these ten couples hard. Sometimes I don't even know why, but it's a combination of chemistry, banter, and feels. And it's just one of those things in books that you can't explain, the same way you can love a book so much while other people hate it. It's all subjective.

And I strongly suggest you read all of these books, if you haven't read them already. If only for the amazing relationships, awesome banter, and delicious tension and chemistry between these characters.


What topic did YOU choose to write about for today's date? Let me know by leaving me a link so I can visit! Also, what is one of your favorite book couples? :)

17 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad to see World After on another post. Isn't it insane? Kiss of Deception is fantastic too I loved the twist in Mortal Heart too. But the second book was my fave in that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO insane! But what's even more insane is that we only get one more book in that world. *sobs*

      It's funny that so many people love Dark Triumph the most, and yet it was my least favorite. I'm more partial to Duval AND Balthazaar. :)

      Delete
  2. Cricket and Lola! Gosh, how I love that couple <3 Wish Stephanie would write more about them or release at least a few deleted chapter because I can't get enough of them. They're small cameo in ISLA was so tiny :(
    Anyway, great list! I did one for contemporaries.

    Melissa @ The Reader and the Chef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chapters* Their* Sorry, I need to sleep. x.x

      Delete
    2. Haha, s'okay. I can't type straight when I'm tired. :) And oh, yay for another Cricket and Lola fan! So many people love Anna or Isla more, but I'm partial to Lola's story and of course, CRICKET. <3 And yes, I would loooove more of those two, or even all of the characters.

      I can't wait to check out your contemporary list! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Lola & Cricket! Sadly that is the only book here I have read.

    Best Older Books I Read in 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad indeed. You should change that. :)

      Delete
  4. Frank and Emily!! I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ship Raffe and Penryn, as well as Akiva and Karou too. (Haven't read the others to comment!)

    I chose to write about top villains, here's a link to my post:

    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/day-3-top-10-villains-of-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ship those two couples so hard. :)

      Delete
  6. This is a great topic choice! I just love couples that make me all gushy! Tragically, I haven't experienced any from your list yet!! World After is on my TBR and now thanks to this I will be adding many more :D I just finished Trial by Fire and adore Lily and Rowan, although I'm not sure if their relationship fits this category just yet. Have to wait and see. Happy Holidays! Here's my Top 10 http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-10-of-2014-best-debut-novels-of-2014.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love couples that make me wall gushy too! Hehe. :) And oh, I still need to read Trial by Fire. Your comment makes me want to read it all the more.

      Delete
  7. It seems like Couples were a favorite topic to do for today. My favorite couple of the year was Rachel DeLuca and Mason Brown of the Maggie Shayne series of books. For my own post today, I posted about Best Less Known Authors/Books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read a Maggie Shayne book, but I have a few on my TBR. Clearly, I should at least try one. :)

      Delete
  8. I am chomping at the bit with wanting to read the Raven Boys books. I will get that done soon because I am taking time off from review for about the first three months of 2015. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO READ THAT SERIES SOON BECAUSE ASDFJKL; IT'S SO AMAZING. :)

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3