Thursday, January 8, 2015

Challenges Accepted: 2015 Edition

Challenges are one of my favorite activities when it comes to reading! I love making a goal and trying to accomplish it. However, I can get pretty competitive. WITH MYSELF. I can make myself honestly frustrated and angry if I'm behind or I know I'm not going to surpass my goal. Usually. I'm better at it now; I only surpassed one of the three challenges that I had in 2014. I didn't even freak out about it. Much. :P

#1: NETGALLEY AND EDELWEISS 2015 READING CHALLENGE!
hosted by Falling For YA.
I'm so excited to be participating in this one again! This challenge helped me so much last year. I read over 50 review copies from NetGalley and Edelweiss (well, all NG ones except for like two). I'm upping my goal this year and going for platinum, which is 75 books! I know I can do it, and hey, I've already read one!


#2: FLIGHTS OF FANTASY!
Click here for more info.
Fantasy is my favorite genre, so I'm really excited to be participating in this one! I've challenged myself to read 50 fantasy books this year! I'll be marking my progress through my reading challenges tab and the hashtag, #flightsoffantasy, on Twitter. :)


#3: BOOKISH BINGO 2015 EDITION!
hosted by Great Imaginations.
I participated in the Holiday edition last year, but I sadly did not cover all of the squares. Buuuut I only missed 5 of them, so it wasn't too bad. However, I am SO DETERMINED to cover the whole board! The only ones that look like they're gonna be hard to find are the epistolary and graphic novel squares. I looked up the first word, and that means letters? I also have never read a graphic novel, so I don't even know where to start with that. I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS FOR ALL OF THESE SQUARES. :D


#4: 2015 BOOK BLOG BINGO CHALLENGE
hosted by Follow the Yellow Book Road.
Yay, another bookish bingo! This one is year round though and has completely different topics for the bingo squares. I'm excited and just as determined to try to cover the whole board (and I have longer to do it!). 


#52015 DISCUSSION CHALLENGE
For more info, go here.
You know how much I love discussions, right? I love reading them and I love writing them. I don't publish many on here, though, and I want to change that. And this is the perfect challenge to help me come up with some more creative content for my blog. Okay, so for this goal, I'm gonna go with: Chatty Kathy (25-36). I'm starting this one lower than I could because I honestly don't know how this year is going to go and also because I sometimes get these writer's blocks that inhibit my creativeness on the blog. So yeah, let's just go with medium goal and see how we do. :)

***

4 reading challenges and a discussion challenge. Boy, I got my work cut out for me in reading and blogging this year! Haha, but it's awesome that for the challenges, many of the books I read can be used for more than one of them (killing two birds with one stone, eh?). If you want to check my progress throughout the year, I'll just point you over to my reading challenges tab. I'm looking forward to trying to achieve all of my goals! #letsdothis

Are you participating in any reading or blogging challenges this year? :)

12 comments:

  1. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU LOOK AT ALL THOSE CHALLENGES! I say that for the mental illness bingo square you should read Still Alice HA. Then watch the movie. WOW TWO BOOK BINGOS? I didn't know Emily was hosting that one! I WILL CHECK IT OUT. OK, I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK BUDDY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to read Still Alice, but EVERYONE WANTS TO READ IT AT MY LIBRARY. Gah. You should totally join Emily's book bingo!! AND THANK YOU VALLLLL. :)

      Delete
  2. They all look like so much fun! I completely forgot about the NG and EW challenge, I'll have to add that one to my list :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you join! That one helped me so very much last year. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice challenges!! I'm doing the fantasy, NG & EW, and discussion one too :D Good luck, you've got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I saw that you're doing 9 CHALLENGES LIKE WHAT. I wish you the best of luck in all of them. And thanks; we've both got this! :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with all your challenges Holly. :) I'm participating in the ARC challenge too, so glad you mentioned it to me before. 75 books is a lot, but I'm sure you can do it. I almost decided to join the Flights of Fantasy challenged but backed out at the "last" minute. Those bingo challenges look really fun, I've seen a couple of them around here. I wonder if emails would count as letters or not…. Hmm….Oh! Perks of Being A Wallflower (by Stephen Chbosky) and Love Letters To The Dead (by Ava Dellaira) would be perfect if you haven't read those ones! :D Or Why We Broke Up (By Daniel Handler)

    For the Graphic novel, I suggest Sailor Moon! :D PLEASE READ SAILOR MOON.

    Ooh, I'm in the discussion challenge too. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Though I already know one of them. :) If you need any suggestions or whatever, feel free to ask me.

    The other challenges I'm in are... Fairytale Retelling Reading Challenge by Mel @ The Daily Prophecy, A Series A Month challenge by Danielle @ Love At First Page, and the Debut Author Challenge by Jana @ The Artsy Reader Girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can do it too, as I want to get a better ratio and clean up my NG shelves. Thank you for the awesome recs! I'll try Love Letters to the Dead, as I've been wanting to read that one for a long time.

      IDK WHAT SAILOR MOON EVEN IS.

      Wishing you all the best of luck in your challenges, Amber! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! Thanks so much for joining my challenge!! Be sure to check in at the beginning of every month, I'm hoping that people will share their books/reviews so that we can help each other find books to meet the challenge.

    Good luck with all your challenges!

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll definitely have to check that out. Thanks for letting me know! :)

      Delete
  6. These challenges sound like a lot of fun! I love the bingo one. :) I'll be doing the Fantasy challenge too.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3