Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Love-a-Thon Mini-Challenge #3: One Can Only Quote

I am SO EXCITED to be participating in Alexa Loves Books' Love-a-Thon this year! I think this is such a wonderful and positive event, and it has come at a great time especially with how the year has started in this community. And I'm so excited to just be spreading the love, finding new favorite blogs to read, and meeting more people. :) 

This post is about sharing a favorite quote  about love or friendship! And I have some really amazing quotes because there is just no way I could have chosen just one, so let's get started. I have two friendship quotes and two romantic quotes, because I didn't just want to focus on one of them. They're both important to the stories I read, and each can make me squeal, give me heart-eyes, and ASDFJKL; I SHIP IT in different ways.

***

1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Is this really a surprise to anyone?
But what she didn't realize about Blue and her boys was that they were all in love with one another. She was no less obsessed with them than they were of her, or one another, analyzing every conversation and gesture, drawing out every joke into a longer and longer running gag, spending each moment either with one another or thinking about when next they would be with one another. Blue was perfectly aware that it was possible to have a friendship that wasn't all-encompassing, that wasn't blinding, deafening, maddening, quickening. It was just that now that she'd had this kind, she didn't want the other.
Who doesn't want this kind of friendship? I thought I had it freshman year in college; there was a tight group of us who hung out every single day, and we never really got sick of each other. But since then, we've fallen apart. And I really miss it. But what I miss most is that all-encompassing friendship. Those people who just get you and with whom you couldn't go a single day without seeing or talking to.


Just to warn you, this one is kind of spoilery!!
 2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
“Will,” Jem said. “For all these years I have tried to give you what you could not give yourself.”
Will’s hands tightened on Jem’s, which were as thin as a bundle of twigs. “And what is that?”
“Faith,” said Jem. “That you were better than you thought you were. Forgiveness, that you need not always punish yourself. I always loved you, Will, whatever you did. And now I need you to do for me what I cannot do for myself. For you to be my eyes when I do not have them. For you to be my hands when I cannot use my own. For you to be my heart when mine is done with beating.”
I am ALL for the romance in this series, but Jem and Will's bromance was my absolute FAVORITE part. They are the epitome of selfless, forgiving, and unconditional platonic love. They will always have each other's backs through anything, and they will always stand together. It is bonds like these between two characters that have me feeling ALL THE FEELS.


3. Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
"If it beat, it would beat for you." -Cian
It's one line. It's simple. But it speaks volumes. It is especially significant because Cian is a vampire, and therefore, he has no heart. And he's telling Moira that if he had it, it would be hers. That he loves her, even if his heart no longer beats. That he would give everything, even more than he has to give, to her. He's saying that it's all hers, everything he is and all that he has, is hers.


4. Avow by Chelsea Fine
“As far as where you belong…” He put a hand over his heart. “Right here. Always. In life and death and everything in between.” He paused. “Never question it.”
This isn't my only favorite swoony quote from this series, but it's definitely the TOP ONE. It's one of those quotes that makes my shippy feels go berserk. Makes me squeal in happiness, makes me believe the love story. These two had such great chemistry, awesome banter, and the passion and achingly tender love between them was so genuinely real. Their romance was PERFECT. <3

***

What are some of YOUR favorite book quotes? Or favorite romances/friendships? I want some good recs! :)

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books, but I like the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! The quote by Chelsea Fine. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that one from BLLB! An all-encompassing friendship sounds amazing. I don't think I've ever had a friendship that strong, but I would love to someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to start the Archers series for so long now! And that quote is super swoony!!! Eeeeep! Oh gosh Will and Jem! Those two made me cry! I loved their friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the last one. Hope you'll be stopping by to see what I did with my quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goshhh, I love all of these! They're all just so perfect.

    I totally want the all encompassing friendship. Gosh. Clockwork Princess is my favorite. I love a great bromance.

    I like these quotes! You get to guess the book (kind of obvious).


    “And in that moment there’s nothing I fear except losing hold of her hand.”

    “You deserve better. I can’t promise you I’ll stay around, not because I don’t want to. It’s hard to explain. I’m a fuckup. I’m broken, and no one can fix it. I’ve tried. I’m still trying. I can’t love anyone because it’s not fair to anyone who loves me back. I’ll never hurt you, not like I want to hurt Roamer. But I can’t promise I won’t pick you apart, piece by piece, until you’re in a thousand pieces, just like me. You should know what you’re getting into before getting involved.”

    “Even when we weren’t wandering, even from the floor of your closet, you showed the world to me.”

    As for friendships, I love...
    Dai and Jing from The Walled City by Ryan Graudin,
    Harper and Win from Remember by Eileen Cook,
    Olivia and Zoe from Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor,
    and Sky, Chris and Dylan from I'll Meet You There (another successful girlxguyxgirl friendship trio). .

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quote from Blue Lily Lily Blue - ahhhh. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this Fox in your header the Fox from Disney? :D Blue Lily, Lily Blue is so good and I love the friendship they have. Such a nice group of people.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHHH! We picked the same quote from Blue Lily, Lily Blue! I think it's the perfect embodiment of a particular type of friendship, and I love the way Maggie describes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clockwork Princess and blue Lily are 2 of the most beautiful books ever written. Great quotes!
    ❤️Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clockwork Princess and blue Lily are 2 of the most beautiful books ever written. Great quotes!
    ❤️Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh I love Clockwork Princess! Great quote :)

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG. Holly, I haven't read a single one of these books.

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3