Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Love-a-Thon Questionnaire

I am SO EXCITED to be participating in Alexa Loves Books' Love-a-Thon this year! I think this is such a wonderful and positive event, and it has come at a great time especially with how the year has started in this community. And I'm so excited to just be spreading the love, finding new favorite blogs to read, and meeting more people. :)

1. What’s your name?
Hi everyone! My name is Holly, or aka The Fox. :)

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I blog from a tiny village in Michigan (US)!

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Honestly, I have no clue. I think I just wanted a creative outlet for my writing, and it turned into a book blog from there after I discovered the awesomeness of this community. 

4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Okay, so I've had a total of FOUR blog names. The first was Northern Girl (don't start, Val), and I used it for college stuff. The second was The Fox's Hole (which is funny, since I eventually came back to the whole fox theme). The third was Part of that World, which was my original "book" one. But I was kind of tired of it last summer and wanted a fresh change. And so The Fox's Hideaway was born, and you can read all about how I came up with that name here. :) But long story short, The Fox is my nickname and I wanted my new blog name to encompass both my love of books and my love of writing.

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? 
Er, I don't know? I review books in ALL genres, except for nonfiction. I review a lot of NA and YA, especially. And mostly contemporaries and fantasies, since those are my two favorite genres.

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I love doing discussions, though I don't post enough of them on here. I also LOVE the Top Ten Tuesday meme. Everything else is kind of just.. random.

7. Best blogging experience so far?
Man, that's honestly hard to say. From joining Rachel Harris' Flirt Squad to becoming friends with so many of you (Val, Shannon, Amber--love you gals especially!) to receiving my first physical ARCs (from Penguin, no less) to creating my own big event. I have a lot of favorite experiences!

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Everyone in it. YOU GUYS ARE MY PEOPLE. YOU JUST "GET" ME! <3

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
Only 5? Well, fine. An Ember in the Ashes, The Heart of Betrayal (the wait is going to kill me), the companion to The Fine Art of Pretending, Truthwitch, and Six of Crows. And all the Chelsea Fine books that she's publishing this year (she said it could be THREE, which makes me triple excited).
Edit: omg I forgot to add The Raven King. Who the hell am I? That's my highly anticipated 2015 read!

10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
*rubs hands together in glee* I'm a notorious book pusher. And I want everyone to read Chelsea Fine's Archers of Avalon series because seriously it's AMAZING. SO GO READ IT!

11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
So. Hard! I DON'T KNOW! Sturmhond from The Grisha trilogy would be a hilarious guy to have around. Also Blue and her Raven boys, because they are coolest group around. 

12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Writing; it's my passion. I also love going to plays, hanging out with friends, and country music is my obsession.

13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
SHOES! I buy way too many, and I don't even wear them all. It's so bad!

14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Like, a song to dance to or one to sing along with? Because I don't dance. Hahaha. So, hmm, what song do I always have to jam out to anyway, even if I look awkward? Any T-Swift, but especially Shake It Off and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. Lately, it's been Make Me Wanna by Thomas Rhett (which is kind of a weird choice, but seriously this jam is awesome).

15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. 
The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts! I know it's another vampire series, but I think it would make a really cool TV show or movie trilogy. The characters are amazing, so casting would have to be PERF. (And it would be WAY better than TVD or True Blood, just sayin').



If you're participating in the Love-a-Thon, leave me your links below! I want to meet new bloggers! :)

32 comments:

  1. Hi Holly! :D

    4 Blog names? haha if I had the guts to change my name, I would. And I love shoe shopping too!!

    Hope to see ya around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Really loved reading your get to know me. Preach on the T-swiz! I'm with you haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yes to dancing around to any Taylor Swift song! I'm absolutely notorious for singing and dancing along whenever one of her tracks plays on my iPod. Also, I love that you're nicknamed The Fox! I've always been fascinated by foxes, particularly in fiction.

    Thanks for joining in on the Love-a-Thon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Heart of Betrayal! I really, really need to find out what happens in that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Taylor Swifts music lately, I even bought her most recent album and I never would've thought I'd do that haha! I'm also excited for The Heart of Betrayal, it can't come out soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog name! It is great! I also picked Taylor Swift, she is amazing and I am a little embarrassed to love her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog name! I'm looking forward to An Ember in the Ashes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES TO SIX OF CROWS! Omg how could I forget Sturmhond?? Yes to Blue and her Raven boys <3

    I admit I've been really into Taylor's songs haha, they're just so catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited for An Ember in the Ashes and Six of Crows! I've also been into Taylor Swift lately, my favorite right now is Blank Space :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 4 blog names? Woah! And here I am agonizing about changing my blog name to make it less specific and more me and still cannot feel like doing it!
    Shake it Off is one of those songs that I play when I'm feeling all gloomy and so far always does the job to cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog name and the fox theme in general. My 5 year old is obsessed with foxes because we have one living at the end of our street. That and she knows EVERY word to that song "What Did the Fox Say"

    And I love, love, love Make Me Wanna by Thomas Rhett. Actually, I love anything by him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to spend my life hanging out with the Blue and her Raven boys.

    Haha The Circle Trilogy would make a muuuuuuuch better TV show than TVD or True Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Holly!
    I have "Shake it Off" as my answer too, it is just so catchy and I love it!
    I LOVE Sturmhond! SO MUCH! And yay for Blue! I love The Raven Boys, though I have been putting off reading The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue (I do plan to read them really soon!) I agree they are awesome and I would love to hang out with them too!
    It was really hard sticking to only 5 books! I am looking forward to yours too (Though I haven't read The Kiss of Deception yet...) And I haven't read any Chelsea Fine books yet, so I will have to check those out!
    I just added the first book to Archers of Avalon to my Goodreads! :D
    Stephanie @ My Bookish Itinerary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being new the community, and only just getting back into reading, makes this much more fun. I think my TBR list just grew by ten. I have yet to pick up a Nora Roberts book but I'll make sure to do so now that I know she has some supernatural elements to some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I shy away rom nonfiction too, it's just not my thing anymore! OH MY GOSH HEART OF BETRAYAL WAS PERFECTION. I can't wait for Six of Crows too. It'll be awesome, I can tell. I love shoe shopping too! It's so much fun, I love strutting around in heels or boots ;) Or sandals. But I like sneakers too... See? SHOE ADDICT. Lovely getting to know you hun <33

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI HOLLY. WOW YOU'VE GOT A NICE BLOG. GOOD GOOD A+. NEW FOLLOWER.

    Hehe. NORTHERN GIRL HA. Ok that's the last, until I see you at BEA ;) But yeah. HA I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE IN REAL LIFE. Ok not really. Actually I know you have my address so we're even. ANYWAYS. Um. THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT. I can't believe we only started talking to each other during the summer. It feels like we've known each other for longer than that hahah.

    KEEP BEING YOU HOLLY. And now I am off to see what this Love-a-Thon is about :) Maybe I can still join.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's fun to hear about the evolution of your blog name, and it's cool that you ended up with The Fox's Hideaway. Sturmhond would be an excellent book BFF I think. He'd just be fun to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What does the fox say? You've probably heard that one before huh? Anyway, I'm Rebecca! Nice to meet you!

    Heart of Betrayal!!! I am DYING to get my hands on that book. But then I'm sure I'll be DYING for the third one...

    Shoes!! Omg I could buy so many shoes if I let myself. The thing is, I'm really picky about my shoes so I'm a notorious returner of shoes. Why can't they all just fit perfectly and be comfortable??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Holly! We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is MY FAVORITE T. Swit song to dance to/sing along with. I don't listen to much country, but whenever I do I always love the song :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe I spelled Taylor Swift's name wrong ... well, you know what I mean! :p

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Oh my gosh, I absolutely love your theme! Foxes are amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow 4 blog names? I only went through three haha!

    I LOVE Sturmhond. Like SO MUCH LOVE. He would be my favorite but somehow, I also really love the Darkling <333

    Also, I really connect to 8, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sturmhond Yes!! Also makes sense being that Alina calls him the clever fox, LOL. I can't wait for Six of Crows to come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi,
    I love your blog name and interacting with you on twitter. I definitely have to add The Circle trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michigan?! Yaaaaassss! I'm from Michigan too! Though I'm definitely not from a tiny village. I'm always super geeked when I find fellow Michiganders around the interweb.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Holly! I've also changed my blog name quite a few times so I completely understand needing to find something that truly fits. An Ember in the Ashes is also one of my most anticipated. I'm in the middle of reading it right now. I'll have to check out the Chelsea Fine books you mentioned. They sound epic! Have a wonderful day! #Loveathon

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Holly! :D

    I don't write enough discussion posts either... I definitely should do more of those, but it's so hard to come up with ideas!

    I'M SO EXCITED FOR EMBER IN THE ASHES AND SIX OF CROWS. Oh my god, the Six of Crows cover is soooo awesome.

    And yes, Sturmhond would be awesome to have around as a friend! :D Though I might just have a slight crush on him, haha.

    OMG I WANT TO BUY ALL THE SHOES TOO. I don't own that many but like, even though I love look at shoes and want to buy all of them, I just end up wearing my Converse most of the time anyway just out of comfort, so I don't see what the point is really of me buying loads of cute shoes! BUT I STILL WANT THEM ALL.

    I love Tswift too! So glad to see so many people who love here in this Love-a-Thon!

    Cynthia @ Afterwritten

    ReplyDelete
  28. My best friend loves to buy shoes! She's kinda obsessed with them. I like them too, but I own . . . two pairs?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi there, fellow T-Swift lover! :) Enjoy the Love-A-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm SUPER excited for An Ember In The Ashes too! I think 2015 is gonna be a great year for YA Books!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Holly! Nice to meet you! :)

    Sometimes it’s hard to settle on a blog name. One of my friends changes her blog name all the time. I can’t keep track of it, it’s changed so many times. Lol.

    You have to make sure you have shoes for every occasion. Or outfit coordination type. :)

    I LOVE Nora Roberts. I’m not sure that would be my choice but it’s a good one. Haha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. I feel you on the shoes. I have so many, one day I might do a post on them, but it would be very long!! The Fox is very cute. #Loveathon

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3