Tuesday, February 17, 2015

(26) Top Ten Book Problems I (And Probably Everybody Else) Have

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have!

#1. Literally no space in my bedroom for more books. Yet I keep buying more anyway. I swear my epitaph is going to say, "buried under a pile of books she had yet to read."

#2. Not being able to DNF if I'm not liking a book. I have this weird obsession with having to finish a book, but more so with ARCs (and that has become a MAJOR problem).

#3. Being in the middle of 10,000 on-going series. I'm probably going to forget all that happens by the time I finally continue them. Which brings me to...

#4: Having to decide whether to reread previous books so it's all fresh in my mind or just go in completely confused and HOPING I remember important things. It's a vicious cycle, I tell ya.

#5: Not having enough time in the day to even get a *little* reading in. It usually happens during the week, when classes and homework are back in session and I'm working. I try to reserve "me" time at the end of the day, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

#6: When reading by mood can become a major hindrance. Sometimes, I'm just not in the mood to read. I'll start a half dozen books and find none that interest me. Or I'll just want to watch Netflix instead. See #5? I can waste valuable reading time, even when I'm always demanding more.

#7: When I hit that 1 in a million chance that I'm the black sheep with a popular book. There is no one to rant about it with because everyone else loves it! :(

#8: When the feels just become... too much. If the book hit me really hard, I'll get into this weird, numb state after finishing it. It's almost like a book hangover, but not quite.

#9: When I forgo sleep to finish a book. I'm a night owl, so night reading is my favorite. And that leads to a brain that is not fully functioning in the mornings and days where I feel like a zombie.
(but even I can admit when it's a problem) (really I just wanted to sneak a Friends gif in here).

#10. When no one in real life "gets" it. I get weird looks when I start fangirling about books to my friends, which makes me really self-conscious and so I have to dial it down (and that's just no fun). NONE OF THEM GETS IT. *sobs*
(so true, though).


So, what book related problems do YOU have? And c'mon, you can admit them to me. I won't judge. :)

12 comments:

  1. Great post Holly, I totally agree with running out of space and not having anyone to relate to our Bookish problems in real life hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, girl, this list is perfect!
    #2: I understand! It took me a while to actually DNF, and even now I don't do it that much. however, skimming comes in handy. :D
    #4: yes! I usually just jump right in, but then I'll be like, wait, what happened in the last book, and I'll go back and skim a few things
    #6: I'm such a mood reader. It can be problematic. Thankfully I have lots to choose from right now.
    #8: I get way too emotionally involved in books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 pretty much describes my entire reading life. I would recommend you reread a book if you don't remember a single thing about it, like not even the characters first name or the problems. Don't reread the book if you are sort of familiar with the plot and characters, just Google a summary of the book for a refresher before you get into the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It seems like we have all the same problems...we're boom twins! (That's a Friends reference...Joey's hand twin, lol). The one you have that I missed was being the back sheep. That was me for a few BIG books last year. I'm almost afraid to admit to it because everyone else is in love with The books. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think bookshelf space is a problem for EVERYONE! One of these years I'll be able to give up on a book. Yeah, it's dangerous to read at night, because suddenly it's day time and I didn't sleep, but I finished my book.

    I think my biggest problem is not enough money for ALL THE BOOKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of problems that are related to buying/owning books. That's why I mostly use the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahha. Oh man I am in so many series as well. IT SUCKS. Well, I like reading new series, BUT THEY'RE ALL ONGOING THAT I WILL FORGET EVERYTHING. The worst series was Daughter of Smoke and Bone when it came to remembering things. Because I remembered nothing.

    AWESOME LIST HOLLLLLY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have literally no space for anything!! I am not in the middle of too many series at the moment (a lot have just ended) but I'm really struggling trying to keep up with what's going on. I forget so much!! Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I can't ever not finish a book even if I'm not liking it either. I think that since the author wrote it I should at least read the entire thing. I'm so behind on sleep sometimes because I stay up so late reading! I also agree with your point on running out of space-it's horrible!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, your list is so perfect! I have no space, am drowning in books to read, can never find time for reading, sometimes the feels are just too much, and then, and then, and then, I have no one is real life to talk to about it all! Not to mention being the black sheep is the worst and I have so many series I'm in the middle of that sometimes I can't even remember them all!

    Awesome list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to every one of these! I mean, I obviously never sleep enough, and of course I have no room for books, or time, or any of these things! And the reread struggle is real! I mean, what are you supposed to do!? And I feel like I am the black sheep more frequently than statistics say I should be... maybe that's a problem? Hahah. LOVE this list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pretty much all fit me. :) Though with number 2, I sometimes have a problem with actually finishing books I like. Like I just totally dropped Let's Get Lost and Dangerous Girls. It was ridiculous.

    Oh and number five doesn't happen to me either because I have no life and an ample amount of free time (Yes, it's very sad, I know).

    I agree with the black sheep one, though that hasn't happened too often, only with a couple books…

    #8? Um, yeah, ATBP and IMYT totally broke my heart for completely opposite reasons.

    Number nine's true too, I begin reading at like…wish in the mornings.

    NUMBER TEN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, YES! I JUST LIKE, IT'S SO HARD! NO ONE READS. I RECOMMEND BOOKS TO PEOPLE AND THEY DON'T READ THEM. SO I'M STUCK LEAVING NOTES INSIDE BOOKS (ATBP, IMYT) AT BARNES AND NOBLE TO SHARE HOW AMAZING THEY ARE TO RANDOM PEOPLE "IRL", I'LL NEVER MEET.

    My biggest bookish problem? Buying books and then abandoning them for Kindle books. My multiple piles of my September haul can tell you....

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3