Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March Madness: Duplicity by N.K. Traver

Today I have N.K. Traver on the blog talking about her top ten favorite debut moments! So far. :)

MEET THE BOOK!


TOP TEN DEBUT MOMENTS (SO FAR)
10. Sweatpants every day 

9. Introducing myself as an author (which often earns a skeptical eyebrow raise and the response, "An author?" like maybe I'm confused about what I do)


8. Seeing my book featured on blogs like it's an actual thing that other people know about. (WHAT)


7. Sweatpants EVERY DAY


6. Seeing my book on Amazon. With a preorder button.


5. First pass pages. That magical stage where the pub turns a Word document into book pages with the right spacing, fonts, indentations, etc. You can physically lay the pages out on the floor and roll in them. Not that I did. Ahem.


4. Seeing my cover for the first time. Someone turned 63,000 of MY words into a picture. Mind = blown.


3. Holding actual copies of my book, of something I wrote on my couch, in my pajamas, sometimes at five in the morning, when getting published was a wild, crazy dream and nothing more.


2. Getting a review from a mom whose teenage son loved my book, won't stop talking about it, and wants to know what else I've written.


1. Visiting New York to meet my agent, editor, and marketing team face-to-face. THEY ARE REAL AND THEY ARE AWESOME.


Thanks again for featuring me, and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!


*****

Check back tomorrow for an interview with another March debuter; a Romeo and Juliet dystopian. :)

8 comments:

  1. BOOM FIRST COMMENT!

    I think if I were an author, I be excited for everything as well. LIKE HOLDING MY ACTUAL BOOK. It's just so awesome to have your own creation out and about in the real world! Awesome debut moments list! I hope you have many more (repeats and new) in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think holding my book would literally be like the coolest thing EVER. And I cannot wait to read this debut. :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, look, here I am, RIGHT AGAIN. Because I am the champion. I think I should have a prize. Is there a prize?

    ANYWAY. I agree, sweatpants would probably be my ENTIRE list. Sweatpants are everything. Also- not doing my hair. That is huge.

    But seeing the cover and holding the book... oh my goodness, I cannot even imagine how incredible that must be! HUGE congratulations, N.K.! The book sounds wonderful!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just switch out sweatpants and put in pajamas, and we're all set. :P No but seriously, not having to get ready to go out places would be awesome.

      Delete
  3. The debut author experience sounds so exciting! I imagine it's really scary, but the great moments make it sound worth every terrifying and stressful second. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's very scary! But it's definitely worth it. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this kind of stories.. and this book looks great.. I love to read it :)
    and I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. doesn't sound like my kind of book

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3