Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Madness: The Infinite by Lori M. Lee

For today's March Madness, I have a character interview with the wonderful heroine of Gates of Thread and Stone, Kai. :) Apparently my hint for this book was not a very good one (sorry Shannon!) but yay you guys know now! 

MEET THE BOOK!

Hi Kai! Welcome to The Fox’s Hideaway!

Thank you for inviting me.


First of all, when is your birthday?

Hard hitting questions, I see. To be honest, I don’t know. Let me get back to you on that one.


What is your life like in Ninurta?

It’s not so bad. My brother and I have steady work and a place to sleep. Hard to complain. (But would it kill the bakery to stock bread that doesn’t chip my teeth when I bite into it?)


Describe Reev in six words or less.

Consistent. Reliable. Stubborn. Persistent. Safe. Mine.


I heard you have a, let’s say, unique talent. Can you describe it to us?

What? Who told you that? I’m not sure what you’re talking about.


I also heard you have a crush on a certain someone. ;) Who is this swoon-worthy Avan?

I’ve known Avan for a long time. He’s a great guy who’s always been there for me when I needed a friend. I just wish I could have been a better friend in return.


I love that he didn’t hesitate to help you find your brother and traveled away from home with you. You’ve lived your whole life in Ninurta. How did it feel, being outside the walls for the first time?

Unsettling, but also freeing. There’s a big world out there beyond the gates, and I’d like to see it all someday.


I have a feeling Gates of Thread and Stone is like a rollercoaster ride. What can we expect to see in this book?

More than a few secrets are being kept by people I thought I knew. Every revealed secret comes with repercussions though, and my life gets a lot more complicated. I win for understatement of the year.


*checks clock* Looks like we’re out of time! Thank you so much for stopping by, Kai. I hope we’ll meet again soon.

Thanks for the chat. It was a nice break.

******

Check back tomorrow for another awesome March Madness post! Hint: it's a magical debut. :)

6 comments:

  1. AVAN! I love him with all my heart and soul. Too bad he is a book character. Kai is also one of my favorite MCs because of her fierce loyalty to those she loves. I love it when I stumble upon books that have characters who really speak to me because so very few do. Gates of Thread and Stone and The infinite have several characters who do. Gates of Thread and Stone was my top YA novel for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED Avan in the first book!! And I adore Kai. I can't wait to read The Infinite. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, and her life gets even more complicated in the sequel. :D Thanks for the character interview! I'm still reading The Infinite and it was nice to read the interview while Kai's voice is so fresh in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I'm sure it does! And yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  3. interesting interview

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting book to read. I haven't read the first book but after coming upon this, it's definitely on my list to read now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3