Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Madness: The Sweet 17 Kickoff!

I can't believe it's FINALLY here! My book birthday event is REAL. Guys, I've been waiting to do this event since last summer, when I first had the idea. But I couldn't do anything with it until it got closer to March. I've always wanted to organize my own BIG blog event, and I finally got to do it. It was a lot of work, and it made me a little crazy sometimes, but I'm so happy with the end product. And I cannot wait to share with y'all what authors are stopping by. :)


So, without further ado, I present to you:
(credit for the adorable birthday fox goes to Shannon)

Like I said above, I've had this planned since last summer. I thought it would be a really cool idea to share my birthday with books being released in the same month! You know how people always call them "book birthdays"? Well, that's what inspired this event! I didn't want to just talk about myself in a birthday post and leave it at that. And I wanted it to encompass my love of books somehow. Bam! The idea was born, and I nurtured it for a long time, just waiting for the chance when I could use it. 

Much love and thanks to Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight (she's way too good to me), for the constant support and encouragement, and for being there for me when I was stuck and a little stressed (not gonna lie, there was A LOT to do for this and school kept getting in the way). The name, especially, gave me the most trouble. I was agonizing over it. March Madness is obviously not original, and basketball has nothing to do with this event. But I wanted to keep it; I just had to figure out what else to add with it. Shannon actually came up with the "sweet" part. She originally came up with The Sweet 16 (because, you know, it was very birthday-ish), but I ended up having ONE more author interested so it became 17 instead! 

I never thought I would get 17 authors who wanted to participate! I honestly had no expectations going into this, and I knew it would be hard especially because authors are SO busy around the time of their book's publication! I thought it would be cool to at least get 10, so that way I could keep it going for two weeks. And then I hit ten, which was awesome! That was actually around the time Shannon suggested the Sweet 16 part, so I was really hoping to get up there since I loved that addition to the event name. But I never thought it would happen! And, not gonna lie, when it did I felt so accomplished!

So, yeah, that's a little history behind this event and how it came about! But I'm sure y'all are wondering who's gonna be stopping by and what's happening. And, well, I'm not going to tell you. What? Don't look at me like that. You'll find out soon enough. I thought it would be fun to not tell you guys and let you be surprised (sorry, Shannon. Don't hate me!). However, I am going to give you the schedule because the posts are going to be spread throughout March. Why? Well, I've stopped posting on Sundays since the new year started, but I also just decided to take all of the weekends off and not worry about needing something to post. Anyway, below is the March Madness: The Sweet 17 schedule! And here are some hints for you (and if you're familiar at all with March's new releases, then you'll probably be able to figure them out).

2nd: this book has a cool, albeit weird, cover featuring rabbits.
3rd: this book is a sequel to a magical series.
4th: this book has a vague synopsis but an intriguing premise.
5th: this book is a sequel to a thriller.
6th: this book is a contemporary debut about politics and forbidden love.
10th: this book is a sequel to a series with some of the coolest covers.
11th: this book is another debut but about magic and princesses instead.
12th: this book will make you wonder if everyone's a liar.
13th: this book is about a girl who sells moonshine to pay for college.
16th: this book features teen fighter pilots.
17th: this book is a cyber thriller with a teen hacker.
18th: this book has a Romeo and Juliet vibe set in a dystopian world.
19th: this book is about queens and assassins and magic.
20th: this book is a mystery where not everyone will survive.
23rd: this book is a contemporary that deals with the subject of cancer.
24th: this book is not your typical romantic story-line.
25th: this book is a historical novel set in the 1930s.

**These could be subjected to change, if need be. Otherwise, it's pretty cemented in stone.

There will be guest posts, top ten lists, and interviews. There will even be some really awesome giveaways for you! Guys, I'm so excited to share all of these posts with you! Myself and the authors worked extremely hard on them, so I hope you'll stop by and check them out. But most of all, have fun! :)

11 comments:

  1. First, you're going to make me cry! I am happy I could be around to help :) You are amazing for organizing this!

    Second, the Sweet 16 thing is because it is one of the rounds in the silly basketball tournament! When they get to the "Sweet 16", and then the "Final Four"? But it does work for birthdays too, now that you mention it!

    I MUST go stalk Goodreads and try to guess a few of these books! I AM SO EXCITED!!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giiiirl, ahaha, I wasn't even thinking of the "Sweet 16" in basketball! But that's perfect then, that it fits for the birthday theme too. :)

      Get your guess on! (Though I feel some of these are TOO easy).

      Delete
  2. Ah, I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. It sounds so fantastic. I'm so excited. I can't imagine all the work you put into this, especially with getting authors and such. You can expect me now to look at all the March book releases and figure out whose visiting. :D I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting!! I'm really looking forward to checking these posts out. And haha, I love how you gave hints instead of telling us which books they are. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so awesome! I'm so excited to see who all the authors are! And dang, you must have put so much work into this, like just wow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome idea Holly! I guessed a few authors from the list and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT IS THIS WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME THESE THINGS ANYMORE WHY AM I THE LAST TO FIND OUT STOP TALKING TO SHANNON YOU POOP.

    Happy birthday. Isn't that soon? BIRTHDAY FOX??? YOU MEAN NORTHERN FOX GIRL :)

    No this is really awesome though, I'll be looking forward to ALL THE POSTS because 1) lappytop is back, as you know, and 2) I GET ALL THE EMAILS muhahahha. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. Holly, this is such a cool idea! I can't wait to see what books and authors you're going to feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so much fun girl! I can't wait to follow along!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAS GIRL THIS IS BRILLIANT. Cannot wait to see all ze books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a cool idea!! I've read some of the posts, you've done a great job, hun <333

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3