Tuesday, April 21, 2015

(28) Top Ten All-Time Favorite Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors!

1. Nora Roberts
I've read: Way too many to count.
Haven't read: Way too many to count. Haha.

I love this woman's books! I love her contemporaries, her mysteries, her fantasy (especially her fantasy). The Circle Trilogy is still my all-time favorite series, and I've reread the books 3x. THAT is how much I love it. But I also just enjoy reading her novels. :)


2. Colleen Hoover
I've read: All but...
Haven't read: This Girl, Never Never, and Maybe Not.

Colleen Hoover is one of my top auto-buy authors. It doesn't matter what she writes, I WILL READ IT! This woman is a genius, and I love her stories. Not to mention, she is one hell of a funny and kind person (just from the way she uses social media). AND SHE'S GOING TO BE AT BEA SO I CAN FINALLY MEET HER!


3. Chelsea Fine
I've read: EVERYTHING!
Haven't read: all of her unfinished works and yet-to-be-published novels (but you could just send them to me anyway, Chelsea, and my life would be complete even though the manuscripts aren't).

Ever since The Archers of Avalon series, I have devoured her books! And now I am all OUT. THIS SADDENS ME. Gah, it's been way too long since I've read a Chelsea Fine book. But it's okay, I can relive it all through friends WHO ARE GOING TO BE PUSHED REPEATEDLY UNTIL THEY PICK UP ONE OF HER BOOKS. I pushed Kaitlin to read Best Kind of Broken, and she loved it enough to rate it 5 stars! <--The proudest moment of my life.


4. Carla Neggers
Read: Um...
Haven't read: Very few.

I was on a mystery/thriller kick in high school, and Carla Neggers was one of my go-to authors. I destroyed her backlist quickly (though I do have a few left to read), but I'm definitely loving her latest a lot! They're more adult contemporaries than murdering villain-type of books, but they're still good.


5. Rachel Harris
I've read: IT ALL.
Haven't read: The Natural History of Us (because it's not out yet). Oh, and Charlie's book (which also is not out or finished yet, I believe).

I adore this woman's books! She can sure write. Rachel was the first author whose street team I joined. Not only is she an amazing writer, but she's one of the sweetest people I've ever "met" in life. Being a part of the Flirt Squad has been one of my favorite moments of blogging and really helped me feel welcome in this community.


6. K.A. Tucker
I've read: Every single book except...
Haven't read: Five Ways to Fall! (And of course, Chasing River, but it's not out yet sadly).

It is no secret (unless you have somehow missed all of my praise concerning K.A.) that I love this author. Ten Tiny Breaths will remain one of my all-time favorite books, and it means SO much to me! She is one seriously talented writer, and I can't wait for MORE MORE MORE. (I even got Kaitlin to read her books too. Man, I'm on a roll).


7. Nina Lane
I've read: Spiral of Bliss series and Break the Sky.
Haven't read: Erotic Dark.

The Spiral of Bliss series is like the only books where I didn't mind that all of them were about the same couple. I adored this series, Liv and Dean, and their rocky road to a better and stronger marriage. And how they loved each other? Hell, it makes me want a relationship like that. They fit like puzzle pieces.


8. Kasie West
I've read: Pivot Point, The Distance Between Us, and The Fill-In Boyfriend.
Haven't read: On the Fence and Split Second.

If it's a Kasie West book, there is a guarantee I'll add it to my TBR list without reading the synopsis. I'm pretty sure the only reason I haven't read the others is because then I'll have no KWest books left. And we can't have that.


9. Maggie Stiefvater
I've read: The Raven Cycle 1-3.
Haven't read: Everything else.

I still have only read her Raven Boys series, but I have a strong feeling I'd love any of her books. And I'm planning on picking them up at the library soon so I can test that! Also, she is hilaaaaarious on social media. I especially love following her Twitter feed because that shit is gold.


10. Brighton Walsh
I've read: Captive and Caged in Winter.
Haven't read: the rest.

Ever since I read CiW, I've been obsessed with Brighton Walsh (that sounds creepy but you know what I mean). She has such lovely writing, and I adore her characters. They're always so realistic and genuine, complex and contradictory. They're relatable and real. And also she has some HOT AS HELL heroes! 


Honorable mentions (because I can't NOT): Leigh Bardugo and Katie McGarry.

*****

Who are YOUR all-time favorite authors? Your auto-buys and ones whose books you add to your TBRs without even glancing at the synopsis? Lemme know! :)

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe I forgot Kasie West and Maggie Stiefvater! I need to read more Colleen Hoover and K.A. Tucker. Great list of authors!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, you are the first person I've come across today who has nothing in common with me! Well... just for this post, obviously. Of course we have other things in common because books and stuff. Yeah.

    I still need to read something... anything by Kasie West. I just don't know where to start because all of her books look stinking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Have Read/Haven't Read part of your list. Great idea. I haven't read a lot of your authors, although I have read several of Kasie West's book. ON THE FENCE is my favorite so far.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the authors you've mentioned in your post are new to me!! I've only read a Nora Roberts book!! I'll have to check the other authors on your list.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-all-time-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. READ THE SCORPIO RACES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! That's actually the only book of Maggie's I've read but it's sooooooo great! One of my all time fav books! There are lots of authors on here that are new to me, thanks for giving me new people to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We share quite a few favorites! Maggie Stiefvater, Brighton Walsh, Kasie West... <3 Rachel Harris was SO close to making my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We only have Maggie Stiefvater in common.
    Here is my TTT:
    https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/category/top-ten-tuesdays/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've embarrassingly only read Kasie West and Maggie Stiefvater. Kasie's books are so fluffy and wonderful; I feel so giddy and at peace when I read her books. Stiefvater's writing has such a spark to it, it's fresh and unique, it's quirky. I love it.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3