Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Underrated NA Recommendations

I am not at ALL surprised that my NA underrated list has the most books on it. I read SO many of them, and oh boy, do I have a lot of recs for you! Hehe. :)

The Disappearing Girl and Falling for Autumn by Heather Topham Wood
The first book = MC with an eating disorder! I'm not sure about you, but I haven't read enough books with characters who have eating disorders. And I thought this one was very good! The second book = a tragic situation and learning to overcome it. 

Deeper and Harder by Robin York
A badass heroine, a complicated hero, and a love that is intense and true and romantic. <--that is my pitch. 

The Darkest Part by Trisha Wolfe
This book was very emotional and suuuuch a wonderful story about overcoming tragedy and moving on with your life after grief.

The Deep End of the Sea and The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons
Oh my gosh, I absolutely adored this mythological NA book! GIMME MORE BOOKS LIKE THIS, PLEASE! Also, the second book is an Alice in Wonderland retelling, and it is so. good!

Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick
I loved these characters and their lives, and I adored this romance.

Charmed by Cambria Hebert
I don't know if this is either NA or Adult, but it's SO freaking good! I loved how the romance intertwined with the grim reaper story-line.

Flame by Brooke Cumberland
Three words: BRITISH DIRTY TALKER. ;)

Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Walters
I know she's a best-selling author, but I think this book is so underrated! It has an unlikable heroine, a love interest with Asperger's, and is about finding love with the unlikeliest of people.

Her Dark Places by Kelly Killarney
The only mystery NA I've read, which has gotta change! This wasn't perfect by any means, but it has potential. And I really liked it.

Caged in Winter and Captive by Brighton Walsh
You guys know how obsessed with Brighton Walsh I am, right? Oh, you didn't? Well, now you do! :P but seriously, I love her books and will push them onto anyone who will listen (and even those who won't).

Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert
This book had its ups and downs, but I really enjoyed it!

Trust the Focus by Megan Erickson
A very well-written M/M story with a realistic male narrator!

Rules of Survival by Jus Accardo
This book was a lot of fun and had great banter between the two main characters!

SERIES!
Finding Fate by Chelsea Fine
Seriously, you want recommendations? I will forever champion Chelsea Fine's books. READ THEM PEOPLE! (also, BKOB is still my fave but I love the whole series).

Off by Sawyer Bennett
I love, love, love this series! Love my hockey players and I love the women who don't take their shit. :) (also, there are like 7 books in this series, but the 3 above are my favorites). (also I still hate the cover redesigns, except Off the Record's, so if anyone can help me find the purple cover edition of Off Course, I will love you forever).

Addicted by Krista and Becca Ritchie
Okay, so it has a little over 10,000 ratings, but I think this series is very underrated! Granted, I have still only read the first book, but I know I'm going to love the rest! I just need to find the time for an Addicted weekend. 

Never Say Never by C.M. Stunich
Gosh, it's been FOREVER since I've read this series, but I still remember it well. It was dark, gritty, and with two characters who have been through a lot but who find a light within each other.

The Legends Saga by Stacey Rourke
This series is SO unique, and it's very light on the romance. So I would rec' this to people who aren't huge fans of NA or want to try more. (Hey, even Val liked it, so you know it's good). Gimme more NA books that AREN'T romances, please!

*****

What are some of YOUR favorite underrated NA books? REC' ME PLEASE I NEED MORE ALWAYS MORE. :D

2 comments:

  1. I have read none of these. And, like a 12 year old boy, I am chuckling over "Deeper" and "Harder". Tee hee. This is apparently why I don't read NA. OH- State of Emergency (The Collapse series, there are 5 so far) by Summer Lane is technically NA I believe. Other than that... I got nothin'!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! I added quite a few to my TBR. Hopefully I'll enjoy them :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3