Tuesday, May 12, 2015

(30) Top Ten Authors I Really Want to Meet at BEA

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet. Buuuut Shannon gave me the idea of doing BEA authors I want to meet since we'll both be there in TWO WEEKS omg! HOW DID IT GET HERE SO FAST.

*****

1. COLLEEN HOOVER
Yes, she deserves all-caps. I don't even care that I already have the book she's signing, I am NOT missing this opportunity to meet one of my all-time favorite authors. She's a riot, and oh my gosh just thinking about meeting her fills me with panic BECAUSE WHAT IF I SAY SOMETHING REALLY STUPID IN HER PRESENCE? I WOULD BE SO EMBARRASSED.

2. Susan Dennard
TRUTHWITCH. I needs this book in my life. Also, I absolutely adore Susan and I missed all three of my chances to meet her in Michigan last year (I know, right? How awful). So this is my #1, my first stop, at BEA on Wednesday! And I'm already planning on reading Truthwitch FIRST on my ride home.

3. Leigh Bardugo
SIX. OF. CROWS. SIX OF MOTHERFUCKING CROWS. (chill, Holly, people will think you're just a crazy fangirl). *cough* Sorry, I just really want this book. But I also really just want to meet Leigh! The Grisha Trilogy is one of my favorite series. I love her writing, and I cannot wait for another book set in this world!

4. Heather Demetrios
Ahhh, I cannot wait to meet Heather! I loved I'll Meet You There, and I think she's one of the sweetest authors to socialize with on social media. And I still remember her lovely comment on my writing after she read my IMYT review. It made my day.

5. Marissa Meyer
I was so sad when I couldn't make her signing on Friday, but then I found out she's also doing one on Thursday! So woohoo! I love The Lunar Chronicles and am kind of sad Winter won't be at BEA. But she's signing Fairest, which I don't have. And also I missed my chance of meeting her last year in MI, and I can't do that again!

6. Leila Sales
I *might* not be able to meet Leila because of the author above. But I hope I can! I still haven't read any of her books, but I have This Song Will Save Your Life (and actually plan on bringing it with me on my ridiculously long bus ride to NY). And I really want Tonight the Streets Are Ours!

7. Rae Carson
Another author whose books I haven't read! I did try Girl of Fire and Thorns but just could not get into it. But I love fantasy and will be trying it again soon (I think it was just my mood at the time). But I am SO SUPER EXCITED about To Walk on Earth a Stranger, so I hope I snag a copy of it as well as meet Rae.

8. K.A. Tucker
I really, really, really hope I get to meet Kathleen! She's another all-time fave author, and I've read all but one of her books (even the one that's not out until July). Love her books so much so if this happened, it would be AWESOME.

9. Jennifer Niven
I did NOT know that this lovely lady was gonna be there! I only just found out when I started doing my color-coded spreadsheet (yes, yes, aren't you proud of me for this? [Shannon basically did it for me anyway and I just chose different colors] Haha!). Anyway, I'm so excited she'll be there with All the Bright Places, which is still one of my favorite 2015 reads so far.

10. Carla Neggers
Another all-time favorite author! However, I might not be able to meet her because of Heather Demetrios signing at nearly the same time. So it all depends on how long her line is, and if I can hop over once I'm finished. But I so hope I can, because I love her books!

*****

I don't know if I'll be able to meet ALL of them, but I am damn well going to try my hardest! (and don't worry, I'm preparing myself for heartbreak because I know I might have to miss some of these signings). Also I am so scared to meet them too, because I gotta act cool. And cool is just not in my vocabulary. I'm probably gonna be an awkward penguin this whole time. I mean, can you blame me though? ALL-TIME FAVORITES WILL BE THERE!

What authors do YOU really want to meet? Also, if you're going to BEA, which ones are you dying to meet and will be lining up super early for? :)

12 comments:

  1. SUSAN IS SO COOL and TOTALLY worth meeting!!! And I'm right there with you about the excitement for Six of Crows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to meet Susan! Hope I get the chance. And yessss SIX OF CROWS I NEEDS.

      Delete
  2. The struggle is real, Holly. SO REAL. I want to meet all the people too. And I am also incredibly afraid that I will make an ass out of myself because well... yeah. We DO have 5 in common, so I think this is quite a good place to be. Obviously we can't have them ALL in common, which is a bit of a shame, but we got pretty close! YAYYY only two weeks I am so freaking scared.

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good list. I'd love to meet most of the authors on your list! I'd love to meet Heather Demetrios! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMMG, OMG, MARISSA MEYER'S GOING TO BE AT BEA! I WISH I WERE GOING. SHE LIKES SAILOR MOON SO I'M JUST NOW LIKE CRAZY ABOUT HER AND THAT SOUNDS SO WEIRD, I KNOW. I'M GOING TO STOP NOW.

    Leila made my list too! I haven't read any of her books, but I also have This Song Will Save Your Life, I really want the paperback edition though!

    I'll Meet You There was fantastic, Heather's definitely on my list after that book.

    OMG JENNIFER'S GOING TO BE AT BEA? I DEMAND YOU TELL HER HI FROM ME. SERIOUSLY, JUST BE LIKE "MY FRIEND AMBER IS CRAZY ABOUT YOU AND SHE'S TALKED TO YOU ON TWITTER BEFORE AND SHE DEMANDED I TELL YOU THAT SHE SAID HI". JUST LIKE THAT. WRITE IT DOWN AND TAKE IT WITH YOU.

    So jealous. <3 ATBP is sooooo good.

    P.S. I figured you know my typing style (and no other Ambers), so I am dropping the "YA Indulgences)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rae Carson's books are incredible, I love them. I hope you get on better with them the second time around. Such an awesome list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you chose COho! She seems like an amazing person.
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will see you in line for Susan Dennard, Rae Carson, Marissa Meyer AND Leigh Bardugo, even though I have yet to read ALL of them except for Meyer *cringe* They're all on my tbr/wishlist shelf though so there's that ;) I hope you get to meet ALL these authors there^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so amazing! Hope you get to meet all of them! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'M WITH YOU ON ALL OF THESE, NUGGET!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU LIE THE ONLY ONE YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT IS MEG CABOT

      Delete
  10. I can't believe BEA is right around the corner!
    I definitely want to meet Heather, Marissa, and Rae! Love their books. <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3