Thursday, May 14, 2015

Challenge Accepted: Summer of Series

Check out Love at First Page or Lili's Reflections for more details!

I'm SO excited to be participating in Lili and Danielle's Summer of Series reading challenge! Basically you have to read one finished series per month (June-August). I've been meaning to catch up on series that are published, and this is the perfect opportunity! Especially since I am finding it more and more fun to read series from start to finish with no in-between. I just binged Penryn and the End of Days, which was a mighty fiiiine decision let me tell you. I can't wait to do it again!

*I am not counting novellas in this*

Read:
Shatter Me
I've already read Shatter Me (and LOVED), but it was awhile ago, so it'll be a reread (my only one for this). But this series is a must-binge because there is no way I'll want to put it off for much longer. One of these days, I'm going to run out of luck with not seeing the spoilers (though I already know which ship survives, and I'm not that happy about that).

Rusk University
I STILL haven't read a Cora Carmack book! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. I mean, I am still like 21% into Inspire Me, but I put it down a long time ago and don't know when I'll pick it up again. Buuuut I really want to read these books more than her other ones. Also Cora is one of my favorite authors to follow on social media, because she's just plain awesome and she totally understands and appreciates bloggers and reviewers. She always has our backs.

Matched
I keep forgetting that I have this series (scored the whole set for only $10 at a yard sale, woo!) and I'm not *that* interested in reading it anymore. But I want to give it a try, at least, and see if I'll want to keep the books or not.

Finish:
Legend

Vampire Academy

I know this challenge calls for reading series front to back, but if I have time, I'd like to finish those two above. Vampire Academy is pretty ambitious because it's six books, but I really want to finish the series before I forget everything that happened in VA (I've only read the first one). Haha. And also I read Legend, back in February when I wanted to binge the series, but I never got around to reading the rest. Oops. So I'm hoping to also finish up this one, but I probably won't do a reread of the first book (or of the VA one).

This is a really ambitious list, but I think I can do it! And like I said, binge-reading series hold so much appeal to me right now. I'll be updating my progress in my Reading Challenges tab. Wish me luck! :)

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about this because I really need to participate in this challenge. I've been sucky at finishing series bc I keep finding new titles to read and forget about the ones I've already started or have wanted to start for a while. If I don't have the book, chances I'll never pick it up which is kind of sad. I so wish I could read everything but that's impossible.

    I really want to read Shatter Me so I'm glad you enjoyed it, I heard mixed things about the series. And I really love VA, you just have to promise to pick up Bloodlines right after you're finished. I hope you'll end up enjoying all these books.
    I wish you luck in completing this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you join!! I'm sucky at finishing series too, but I just like waiting for them to be all out so I can binge. :)

      I LOVED Shatter Me! But it's not for everyone, especially the writing style. Haha, okay, but that might be a really long time before I get to either of those series!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh! Thank you for joining our challenge! I can't wait to see what you think of the LEGEND series! I really really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to be participating in it! I hope I can get to finishing the Legend series. :)

      Delete
  3. WOW FINISHING SERIES? WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE? BLOGGERS DON'T FINISH SERIES.

    I have so many unfinished series I don't even want to think of them. But I JUST KEEP STARTING NEW ONES. Like I need to read Shatter Me. And also the Legend series. GOOD LUCK NUGGET

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS BLOGGER IS DETERMINED TO FINISH A SERIES!

      Haha, me too WHICH IS WHY THIS CHALLENGE WILL BE GOOD FOR ME. Thanks, Vals!

      Delete
  4. I am definitely joining this too! I NEED to finish the Gone series, Partials, The Lunar Chronicles, ToG, the 2B trilogy, and ummm I have about 6 complete series on my bookcase that I never even cracked open: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, The Selection, Wither, The Madman's Daughter, Article 5, Birthmarked, Enclave, The 100, Anna, Lola and Isla... wow, that is bad, no? I guess I should be getting my post up ASAP!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, girl. DAMN.

      Also OMG IF YOU DON'T READ DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE I'M GOING TO BE SO DISAPPOINTED. DO YOU WANT TO BE DISOWNED.

      That's more than 6 complete series, you are awful at this. :P

      Delete
  5. Oh man. I'd love to participate, but I don't even know if I'm going to be reading any series this summer. I do want to read The Heat of the Moment trilogy, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to read some of the ones I've been neglecting! Plus it's fun binging. :)

      Delete
  6. Ugh I need to finish the Legend trilogy as well! Maybe this summer...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining, love! I'm pretty much obsessed with Rusk University, and you seriously need to read a Cora book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3