Friday, May 29, 2015

From the Den: April Edition

From the Den is a feature to showcase the books that I don't post reviews for on the blog, whether I liked them or not. I read so many books that never make it onto The Fox's Hideaway, so I wanted a feature where I could tell y'all about them. :)

*****

Echo Lake
I loooove Carla Neggers' books, and this one was no exception! There is just something about this series, about these characters, and the tiny town of Knights Bridge, that makes me fall in love over and over again. This wasn't my favorite of them, but it was still SO good!

The Fill-In Boyfriend
Kasie West is one of my favorite authors, so I was excited when Kaitlin sent me her copy of this book! (Thank you, love). I really enjoyed this book, and how Gia was such a real character. One who had a lot of growing up to do, one that made mistakes but who learned from them. She had to figure out that popularity and fake friendships were not worth it, and that there is so much more to people than their appearances. I could so relate to her well! And oh, the love interest was very swoon-worthy. ;)

The Sea of Tranquility
I'd been meaning to read this book FOREVER, and I finally got around to it! It was absolutely amazing, an emotionally-engaging story that hurt my heart and healed it at the same time. I loved the characters; their messy, complicated, broken selves. I loved that this story wasn't PRETTY. It was ugly, and truly distasteful at times. But Josh and Nastya had wonderful journeys.

Monstrous Beauty
This book was GORGEOUS. The intertwining of the past and the present was fabulous, even if it lost me a few times. And the mystery was cleverly unfolded. I didn't have a strong connection with the characters, but I liked them a lot. The only problem I had with this, though, was the ending. What was that? I'm so confused!

Babes in Boyland
Uuuuugh, I hate nonfiction SO much! It's so boring to me, and I'm not even sure I totally understood this story. Also, I dislike memoirs because there is no plot and no point to the book (at least, with this one, that's how it felt). It was just a bunch of diary entries strung together until it ended.

*****

And, finally, tomorrow's From the Den is May!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad The Fill-In Boyfriend went well for you. I knew you would be a good person to hand it off to. :)

    I love ugly books. I'm probably going to feel lots of feels when I finally get to The Sea of Tranquility. It's always seemed like it could be my next favorite book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3