Wednesday, May 27, 2015

From the Den: February Edition

From the Den is a feature to showcase the books that I don't post reviews for on the blog, whether I liked them or not. I read so much many books that never make it onto The Fox's Hideaway, so I wanted a feature where I could tell y'all about them. :)


*****


Legend
Originally, I had planned on binge-reading this series, but I only got through book one. Not that it wasn't good, because it was. But I haven't been too into dystopian lately. However, I really liked the characters, and the story-line, so I can't wait to see where it all goes! I plan on finishing this series during the summer.

An Ember in the Ashes
This novel is BRILLIANT. Gritty, gut-wrenching, harsh. This world is not one that I would ever want to live in, or be a part of. Two characters, who come from different backgrounds, collide in pursuits of their own agendas. It is pretty character-driven, and I loved both Elias and Laia. I was a little iffy on the romance, and wish it'd been handled a little differently. But I loved this story-line, and I am SO EXCITED THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!!

*****

Okay, so I didn't read much more than what I put out here on the blog in February, but that was a slooooow month for me. Don't worry, I made it up in March. :P And that edition will be up tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, FUN FACT FOR YOU, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE TWO MAIN CHARACTERS (I CAN'T THINK OF THEIR NAMES) WAS INSPIRED BY VALJEAN AND JAVERT IN LES MIS. BOOM. Fun fact.

    If you didn't already know, now you know! I can't believe you didn't do a full review! Ah. I need to read that series toooooo. ESPECIALLY since it's partly inspired by Les Mis, which, you know, is my love. <3 I'm waiting for it to go on sale (again) for the Kindle so I may purchase it.

    An Ember In The Ashes<3 I still need to read that one! I love the world it's in, but I'm scared about some of the things that occur in it. And by scared I mean I'm worried I'm not going to like how certain aspects are used. :( EITHER WAY, I'M READING BOTH OF THESE BOOKS. I love how they both have silver/grey and golden covers, did you notice that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too? I haven't been into dystopia this year. I've had trouble staying interested in a lot of the ones I read this year, though I really liked Legend!

    I really need to read Ember!! So many people have raved about this one. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed in it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3