This week's theme: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2015!
*these are not in any particular order!*
2. Tessa Ever After by Brighton Walsh: This author KNOWS how to write characters, and man did I love both Jason and Tessa. And the romance was passionate and steamy, a relationship I can root for! I'm also not usually a fan of kids in books, but I adored Haley, and especially how Jason was with her. Talk about swoon!
3. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: This was my very first read of 2015, and it is STILL a favorite. I loved Finch and Violet and their relationship and how they both found a friendship that gave them something different. It was a heartbreaking book, but it was also a special one.
4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab: This was my first Victoria book and it's not going to be the last! What an amazing story! The writing and world-building were fabulous, but the characters were definitely my favorite part. Especially Kell and Delilah. So much shipping and slow-burning feels.
5. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I think I loved this more than the whole of the Grisha trilogy and that's saying something. I loved all of the characters and their relationships to each other. It was a group of misfits you could definitely root for, and their banter was perfect. Also, KAZ KAZ KAZ. <3
6. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: Yeah, I'm kind of cheating with a 2016 book on here, but it deserves to be on this list! Loved this so much. The characters were amazing, the writing was wonderful, and the historical aspect was SO good. I'm a history nerd so this made me just giddy with happiness.
7. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson: It should come as no surprise that the sequel to one of my top 3 reads of last year is on this list. The stakes were higher, the deception was stronger, and the characters were pushed and prodded and demanded to grow. I am so invested in their stories and in this series that I'm already dying for the finale even though I don't want it to end.
8. Uprooted by Naomi Novik: Agnieszka is one of my favorite heroines EVER. She's amazing, this book is amazing, the friendship is amazing, this ship is amazing (holy hell so much swoon and steam and hate-to-love fire GIMME MOREEEEE). It did take me awhile to finish, but boy, was it one to savor.
9. Play On by Michelle Smith: I think, out of all of these, this is my #1. This book will forever hold a special place in my heart. It had one of the best male POVs I've ever read, and the mental illness aspect of it was brilliantly done and also took it in a different direction than most. I could connect and relate to these characters and so much about this book hit home for me. I could go on, and on, and on...
10. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey: I wavered between this one and a different book but ultimately settled here. I love this one despite its flaws, and there are many flaws, believe me. It is a lot like Laini Taylor's series (and many people haven't been able to separate the two). But I DEVOURED this book in almost a single afternoon. I was hooked and I was shipping all the ships (first time for an OT3, man).
It was surprisingly EASY to narrow down this list, because believe it or not, I haven't had a lot of 5 star reads or ones that I was immediately like OMG A NEW FAVORITE. But I have had a good year in reading. Especially in fantasy because holy hell look at all of these fantasy reads! You can tell it's my favorite genre. :) I'm curious to see how many of these will get kicked off by the end of the year!
What have been YOUR favorite 2015 reads so far? Gimme some new recs! :)