Friday, June 19, 2015

Announcing the #BookNerdBoost Chat!

Raise your hand if you've been feeling uncreative, discouraged, disinterested, or any number of negative emotions with your blog lately? *raises hand high* Me too. In fact, it's how this whole chat came to be. Earlier today (when I say this, I mean around 3 in the morning EST), I started lamenting on Twitter like I always do. I've talked to a few people about this, how they've been feeling disconnected and down about their blogs, how they didn't know if a break would even help. And I've been witnessing this sort of talk a lot, especially on Twitter, and I've discussed it with a few friends. It seems, to me, that the book blogging COMMUNITY is in a slump. We've noticed how quiet it's been around here (but not just because of what happened on Monday night with the booktubers), and I've noticed how there seems to be less and less interaction on blogs. And I knew I couldn't be the only one feeling this way, so I took to Twitter to discuss.

And while talking with Faye (The Social Potato), she suggested doing some book nerd love thing on Twitter today, but then when Amber (YA Indulgences) jumped in, we all came up with the #BookNerdBoost (thanks for the name, Faye) chat. We wanna lift up everyone's spirits and we wanna spread the love around. I'd been wanting to come up with something like the #Loveathon back in February because I've felt like we've needed a sort of boost in the community. A love boost. A love fest. Something to help us connect again, to make us remember why we joined book blogging to begin with, and why we've stuck it out. This community would be NOTHING without everyone in it, and I wanna reconnect with people, and help us all let go of the negative and revel in why we love this so much.

I wish I had some sort of banner, but this is REALLY last minute and I'm lazy. So here's the pitch: join Faye, Amber, and I for the #BookNerdBoost chat on Saturday, June 20th! We'll be starting the chat at 12 p.m. EST but don't know how long it'll last. We'll have a bunch of fun questions to answer about yourself and blogging, but most of all, we just wanna talk with y'all! We wanna immerse ourselves in book nerd love and reconnect with everyone. We know it's last minute (sorry about the late notice, but we thought this weekend was the perfect time to bring something positive out of everything that's happened and how quiet things have been lately). But we hope you can join us! :)

15 comments:

  1. Wait...what time is that Sydney time?
    I can't promise that I'll be there...but I'll certainly try. Sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WISH YOU COULD HAVE BEEN THERE! *SOBS*

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for this!! I absolutely love chats among bloggers and booklovers. It usually makes me feel more connected to the community. :)

    I THINK this is my last comment for the day. I had fun catching up on your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ALWAYS makes me feel more connected to the community, and I'm so happy right now. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure if the time is going to work out for me, but this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you could make it for a bit! :)

      Delete
  4. Really looking forward to the chat, it's such a great idea and we definitely need to boost more love in the community! Thanks for promoting this Holly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you at the chat, Jeann! But thank you so much for this kind comment. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm not having any negative feelings toward blogging, but I have noticed a lot of negativity online lately, so I'll be there anyway to spread positivity! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad you haven't been experiencing any negative feelings toward blogging, but thank you for joining anyway. It wasn't meant to be totally exclusive to those who needed a pick-me-up; that's just where the idea was born from. :)

      Delete
  6. I AM HAUNTING THE HASHTAG AND WOW. THIS IS SO INCREDIBLE AND INSPIRING. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY YOU BEAUTIFUL GHOST, THANKS FOR CHECKING IT OUT EVEN THOUGH YOU WEREN'T THERE!!! <3

      Delete
  7. You did an AMAZING job you wonderful people. <3 I feel so happy about blogging and the community again all thanks to YOU LOVELIES <3 Thanks for being awesome!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3