Monday, June 29, 2015

Read-A-Thon Accepted: Make Me Read It

hosted by Val @ The Innocent Smiley & Ely @ A Book So Fathomless

My loveliest bloggy pal, Val, has planned a fun readathon with a friend! It's obviously called the Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon, and it basically means what it says. You're going to pick a list of books that you want to read and ask people to vote on them. By the time the readathon starts, which is on July 20th and lasts a whole week, you're going to read the books by order of what got the highest number of votes to the lowest number. Alright? Sound good? You can check out Val's post for more information. But for right now, I need YOUR HELP!

I have a list of 15 books here that I want you to vote on. Now, I am not going to read all fifteen of them! In fact, I'm only shooting for 5 books for the week of the readathon. So, PLEASE, only vote for FIVE of them! I just created a larger list because I wanted to give you lots of options to choose from (even though they're basically only a few genres, so really, they're not that different). Also, if I happen to read more than five during the week, awesome. I just didn't want to overwhelm myself, and I think 5 is a doable number, especially during the summer.

Most of these are books I've had on my shelf for AGES that I've been neglecting for a number of reasons. Some are REALLY hyped, and you know how that freaks me out. A few were ones I was excited to read and then just forgot about after they showed up at my house. And they NEED to be read so I can cull my bookshelves more often! I want more room, and for that to happen, books have to go. So basically you're helping me figure out which ones to get rid of, and isn't that great? :P


  SO. ANYWAY. VOTE ON, PEOPLE!
    MAKE ME READ SOME BOOKS.
What books should I read, lovelies?!


This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

The Archived by Victoria Schwab

The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

Golden by Jessi Kirby

Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre

Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Something Real by Heather Demetrios

23 comments:

  1. Dude, this was hard! I basically picked all the books that I wanted/needed to read. The only one I HAVE read from your list is If I Stay. Good, but... I didn't vote for it.

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, and I picked the ones I've forgotten/ignored for so long. WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE FOR IT. Did you not like it?!

      Delete
  2. I am so amazed you're going to try to "only" read five books! Once again, I am so jealous of your reading abilities<3

    I VOTED FOR TEN, DID THAT MESS YOU UP? Just kidding.

    I like the genres! Mostly contemporary, my love<3

    WAIT, YOU'RE READING THESE BOOKS SO YOU CAN GET RID OF THESE BOOKS? WHAT IN THE WORLD? I almost put The Start of Me and You on my list! Then I decided I wanted to read Emery's books in order.

    I need to read My Last Kiss and Something Real too, I got both of those during one of those Book Outlet sale months ago.

    Anyway, I voted, so, yep. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah, I WANT TO READ MORE THAN FIVE TOO.

      I hope you didn't.

      WELL, I MEAN, MAYBE. IT DEPENDS ON IF I LIKE THEM OR NOT. (Except I'll NEVER get rid of Emery's--too precious).

      Ha. Thanks, MARS.

      Delete
  3. I voted for This Shattered World. It was a much more satisfying read than These Broken Stars and I really enjoyed it. Good luck with your readathon. I always struggle to pick what to read, and this is a fantastic way of dealing with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that!! Also if you struggle with this, you should totally join the challenge! It'll be fun. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG SO MANY GOOD BOOKS THOUGH. x) It's an excellent idea to make followers do the hard work of picking though. I approve. *nods*
    I voted for This Shattered World, Rose Under Fire, If I Stay and Fangirl. I think I voted for 5??? I can't really count so WHO KNOWS. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I don't even have to do anything. THEY are the ones voting. :p And ooh, great choices. Also. That's totally not 5, but I won't count it against you because I can't math either.

      Delete
  5. I've only read four on this list, but Mortal Danger was a shit show. OMG. It's the worst book I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn. I hope I feel differently!

      Delete
  6. I VOTED FOR THEM ALL.

    Just kidding :D Hehe. I see the one I voted for is in the win so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would.

      YOU VOTED FOR FANGIRL? REALLY?

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of this challenge!! I need to work on my own poll. :)

    I voted for Fangirl (which I haven't read, but have heard amazing things about) and The Start of Me and You (which I HAVE read and know it's amazing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU DO NEED TO MAKE UP YOUR OWN POLL SO I CAN MAKE YOU READ BOOKS. Not like I don't do that already...

      Yay, thanks for voting! And my how popular both of those books are. I figured they would be. :)

      Delete
  8. Interesting line-up! I only voted for three because they were the only ones I've read (or have on my own TBR): The Archived, Revolution, Miss Peregrine's.

    I'm seriously hoping that The Archived will win out or at least be in your top three!! I was skeptical going in because of the hype but ended up loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for voting! And I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm hoping The Archived makes my top 5 too. :)

      Delete
  9. If I Stay is one of my favorite books and I hope you read that and like it as well :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Most recent post: The Book Shelf Tag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little wary of that one just because it is SO hyped, but even if it doesn't win, I WILL be reading it. Especially sine I want to watch the movie so badly. :)

      Delete
  10. Miss Periguin's Home for peculiar Children is so imaginative, and odd (in a good way). It is such a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've read a book quite like that one, but it looks like I will be during the read-a-thon. I can't wait!

      Delete
  11. I voted for The Start of Me and You! I haven't read it but heard great things about it. I ordered the hardcover yesterday so hopefully, I get to read it soon :)
    Here's my poll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited about The Start of Me and You!! I loved Emery's debut and I cannot wait to read another book from her. Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  12. I voted for FanGirl because its on my TBR as well! Everyone seems to love it. If you have a chance could you vote on my books too? Thanks!! I wish you the best of luck!

    http://thingslucyreads.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-make-me-read-it-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3