Tuesday, July 28, 2015

(35) Top Ten Fellow Book Nerds

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds (love reading, are writers, work at a bookstore, etc.)

 I was originally going to do top ten nerdy characters, not just ones who are bookworms. But as I started my list, I realized they were all basically book nerds anyway, so I decided to stick with the topic for this week. And here are some book nerds I really love. :)


1. Moira
She is a scholar, and someone who believes knowledge to be one of the greatest joys in life. She loves learning, challenging herself, and gobbles up facts and information like they're precious gems she needs to collect.

2. Juliette
I just read this series, and I cannot for the life of me, remember if Juliette loved books or not. I could swear I remember her talking about them... In any case, she does journal. And she loves playing around with words.

3. & 4. Paige & Max
QuizBowl dream team right here, amirite? They love talking nerdy with each other, teasing one another about their quirks, and they've been known to argue heatedly and passionately about Pride and Prejudice during class discussions.

5. Hermione
She is the ultimate bookworm. And the one, I think, most of us wish were real so we could be best friends with her. She's insanely intelligent, confident, and an overall badass who also likes quiet time alone with a book.

6. Celaena
What does one do when invited to a palace? Ask about the library almost immediately. I think she read a lot too? I know she made Dorian leave her piles in her room. I think they even discussed them a time or two (honestly can't remember).

7. Cath
She's your typical introverted, shy nerd. She loves books and writing fan-fiction. Though, I feel like she's only ever read the Simon Snow books since that was all she talked about. And thought about...

8. Liesel
I mean, she is called The Book Thief for a reason. She loves words, and reading, and learning new things. She finds joy and happiness in stories when she has trouble understanding the world and the people in it.

9. Tessa
I can't believe I forgot about her until someone mentioned it. This girl loves to read, is very bookish, and likes to quote from favorites. And she trades those quotes with Will quite often throughout the series.

10. Josie
She works in a bookstore, and she is passionate about books. She also dreams of going to university in a time where women weren't really meant to do anything, to learn more about the world and have a career.

******

Who are some of YOUR favorite book nerds? It was hard for me to find 10 of them, so clearly I need recommendations! :)

14 comments:

  1. We have three or four of the same characters. I actually expected everyone to choose the same bookworms this week so it is nice to see a variety of characters.
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/ttt-literary-characters-who-love-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share 3 characters! Great list!

    Check out my TTT and The 80's Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list!!! I see we share a few of the same characters. I can't believe I forgot about Paige and Max!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I hadn't heard of that last one before, but it sounds really interesting!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have quite a few characters in common this week. I love that Juliette is such a reader. Great choices :-) My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen The Start of You & Me pop up a lot so I'm obviously going to have to get reading that one. :-)

    My List!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juliette and Cath are on my list as well! I can't believe I didn't add Celaena *smacks head*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh you;re the first person I've seen include Out of the Easy and it makes so much sense! Here is my list if you want to check it out: http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/book-nerd-characters/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I included Will, but not Tessa...I don't know why I left her out. Of course, Hermione and Celaena are on mine, too. Great choices!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. *hugs this list* I haven't read ALL the books, but some of my favorites are on here! Also I can't wait to read The Start of Me and You and I really need to stop putting it off WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list, lady! I have The Book Thief and Fangirl on mine too. :)
    Soooo I've been majorly on the fence about The Start of Me and You but I LOVE that the have arguments about P&P LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome list! I had Hermione and Calaena on my list as well. I also had Dorian. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny how sometimes we have to stretch the imagination to get some bookworms lol. But fantastic list, particularly Liesel, Hermione and Celaena!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3