Monday, July 6, 2015

Book Bloggers and Books Tag

Tag info stolen from Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure:
Do certain books ever remind you of certain bloggers? Share four or more books and explain why they remind you of certain bloggers. (It's likely that you'll keep thinking of bloggers once you start thinking about this.) Feel free to share your post on Twitter with #BBBTag.☺

So apparently a conversation between the lovely Kaitlin and I helped bring about this tag. She had posted a poll for the Make Me Read It Read-a-Thon and guessed all five of my answers. Four of which she had known before she even published the post. Guys, I think I'm becoming too predictable. I need to shake it up. :D

*****

Anyway! I LOVE the idea of this tag, because there are quite a few bloggers that I associate with certain books/series. Such as these lovely ones below. :)

Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure:
When I rec'd Best Kind of Broken to Kaitlin, I had no idea what she'd think of it. And I was NERVOUS because it's Chelsea Fine and she's an all-time fave of mine and I just want everyone to love her books too. BUT SHE DID LOVE IT. She loved it enough to give it 5 stars, and omg it was the best thing ever. And now I associate this book with her because my rec' worked. :)

Val pushed and pushed and pushed me to read The Book Thief (which I did in May). I swear I've heard her talking about this book every other day since we've become friends. AND I FINALLY KNOW HOW AMAZING IT IS TOO.

I don't know of anyone who doesn't think about these books in relation to Shannon. She is OBSESSED, and she's read them like 9 times (and is planning on a 10th reread before the last movie comes out). She collects all the editions of this series and Josh Hutcherson is like her favorite person ever. I swear she'd marry him if she could. :P

Amber @ YA Indulgences
There are a few books I could have chosen for Amber, but I'll Meet You There was the first one that came to mind. She talks about this one A LOT. Haha. :D I don't blame her though, as it's pretty freaking amazing. Edit: Also All the Bright Places is one that makes me think of Amber. We like to fangirl about Finchy and the book on the regular.

I mean, who doesn't think of Rachel when they think about Throne of Glass? Her love for this series and for KALE knows no bounds. And when I FINALLY read it, I had to live-tweet because I knew she would want updates.

She is like the number one fan of Brandon Sanderson. And Mistborn specifically is the one I hear about the most from her. I still haven't read any of his books (don't have a heart attack, Nikki), but I want to because of how much of a cheerleader she is toward them. I love fantasy, and so I definitely want to try this book. But the size intimidates me. Edit: I wanted to add in A Darker Shade of Magic too because this one always reminds me of Nikki.

Danielle @ Love at First Page
Danielle is my fellow Play On champion. When she started reading this book and freaking out about it, I knew it had to be good. So I started reading it and it became my FAVORITE book of 2015 so far. I love it to pieces and want everyone to read it. And I heard from a friend that people were picking up the book at BEA because of Danielle and I (mostly because of D). WE WILL PUSH THIS BOOK ON EVERYONE!

I've only recently begun talking to Sydney on Twitter, but I already associate The Raven Cycle series with her. I'm pretty sure every other tweet of hers is relevant to either the books, Pynch, or The Raven King. Mostly Pynch feels and fan-fiction, though. But I love it, even though the fic hurts because the final book is too far away and Gansey's going to die and I don't know how I can ever be prepared for this.

And now I'm thinking about Gansey again. DON'T TOUCH ME I'M FINE.

*****

I don't want to tag anyone, because I'm not sure who likes doing tags and who doesn't. So if you're on this list, just consider yourself invited to participate if you want to! Same goes to anyone else who wants to do this! :)

14 comments:

  1. HOLLY. WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT GANSEY AND DEATH. IT'S NOT ALLOWED. THE BOOKS ARE ENOUGH PAIN I DON'T NEED THIS PAIN TOO. (but also 500 yeses to associating Sydney with TRC.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SORRY OKAY BUT I'VE BEEN HAVING GANSEY FEELS THE LAST FEW DAYS AND THIS DIDN'T HELP ME. (I can't not associate with this series with Sydney now).

      Delete
  2. YAY, YOU HAVE TWO BOOKS FOR ME. THE FIRST TWO TOP TEN BOOKS OF THE YEAR FOR ME<3 I love them so much. But I can't think of ATBP, I seriously can't…

    I keep hearing of this Brandon Sanderson person and I feel like I'm missing out on something.

    Look at you and Danielle? Pointing people towards good books. Such good book pushers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both are probably missing out on something with Brandon Sanderson.

      WE ARE GOING TO MAKE EVERYONE READ THIS BOOK OKAY?!

      Delete
  3. Ewwww Kale?! That green stuff? Haha just kidding, I know you meant Chaol. This is such a fun tag Holly! I'm so glad you read The Book Thief (good work Val) because it is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am forever going to type KALE now because otherwise I'll pronounce it wrong. Hahaha. And yesss I am so glad I FINALLY listened to Val! Such a freaking amazing book. :)

      Delete
  4. WHY THE HECK HAVEN'T YOU READ ANY BRANDON SANDERSON? (And no problem Jeann hahaha it's what I do)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK BECAUSE I DON'T OWN ANY OF HIS BOOKS? EXCEPT STEELHEART, i THINK.

      Delete
  5. GIRL. <3 I will forever and ever associate this book with you. I love that we have been its champions. And we sooo need to buddy read the second book (heeelllooo ARCs, right???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <333 and yesssssss WE NEED TO BUDDY READ THE SEQUEL!! I'm already dying for the ARCs to come out (oh look at me being all confident I'll get one. I hope I do!).

      Delete
  6. This is SO FUNNY because I agree with all of these. Except Sydney, because I am afraid we do not know each other. You should really introduce us, Holly. That's what friends do.

    Also, I think I may actually be synonymous with The Hunger Games at this point. And I am proud. ;)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are synonymous with The Hunger Games. Accept it. Love it.

      Delete
  7. THIS IS MY FAVORITE THING HOLLY IT REALLY, REALLY IS. I was SO touched to see this, and also incredibly pleased that it gave you some Ganxiety to talk about it. ;D Also, I'm almost positive 95% of my tweets are TRC- or Pynch-related.

    I'm glad to see that others in the comments also accept this, ha. And NOTHING reminds me of Nikki quite like Schwab & Sanderson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU LOVED IT REALLY. Especially since we haven't been talking for very long. I'm pretty sure you're responsible for 95% of my Ganxiety. Just sayin'.

      Also, I don't know of anyone who doesn't associate Nikki with Sanderson and Schwab. If they don't, she's clearly not doing her job right. HAHAHA.

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3