Saturday, July 18, 2015

Challenge Accepted: ARC August

I am SO glad Octavia and Shelly from Read. Sleep. Repeat. are hosting ARC August again this year because I need the motivation when it comes to those early advance copies. Sure I've been reading BEA books, but for some reason, I don't quite count them. Maybe because I didn't actually request them? I don't know! But because of them, and because of the Make Me Read it Read-a-Thon next week, I'm neglecting my ARC pile immensely in July. So I'm behind. Again. And this is no bueno, especially since I'm trying REALLY hard to take control of the mess I've created for myself. So anyway, here are the books I "plan" to read during this challenge!

#SummerofSeries Challenge
I'm supposed to be reading one series per month, so for August, I picked The Tudor Witch Trilogy by Victoria Lamb. I've had all three of them from NG but never read them, and so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do so during this challenge since it would count for both. Two birds with one stone. I like making things easy for myself.

The BEA Pile
I tried to get through these books in July, but I ran out of energy and time. And I want to read these ASAP. For reasons. ;)

NetGalley and Edelweiss
I missed a few June and July books that I want to catch up on! I'm really excited for all of these, but especially Silver in the Blood (though I've heard mixed things on it).

My two August ARCs and a few of my September ones! I'd love to get a head-start on the next month and I'm glad I'll actually be able to do that.

Just In Case
Truthwitch is actually more of a "read it asap so you can give it back to your friend" thing. But let's be real, I've put it off long enough and I can't wait any longer. Honestly? I've been nervous to read it because of the hype, but I need to just ignore all of that and dive in. Also This Is Where It Ends is one that I HAD to get at BEA, and I'm excited to read it (though I know it's gonna be an intense book). Adding in the last book, too, just in case.

*****

My goal this year is 15 ARCs, which was the same as last August (but I totally failed at it, so here's to actually hitting that number this time around). I KNOW I'm not going to be able to read all of these, and I don't have unrealistic expectations especially considering school starts up again a week before August ends. Also, let's be real, I'll probably read all the books except these since I can never stick to "schedules" or even loose lists. We'll just have to see what I've read when I recap the challenge in September. :) Wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about not being able to stick to schedules or lists. I posted my ARC August tbr and I thought the same thing. I'm sure I'll read lots of ARCs, but probably not the ones I planned on reading. Good luck!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'll probably read none of these, knowing me. Haha. And thank you; good luck to you too!

      Delete
  2. I'm totally joining this one for the first time too, I need to stop borrowing books from the library and focusing on my ARCs! They tend to stack up after a while. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad you're joining too! And I need to stop reading everything BUT my ARCs. I've let the pile build up too long. Good luck to us both!

      Delete
  3. So basically you're not reading Truthwitch because you're keeping it AS HOSTAGE. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE YOUR BOOK TOO SO HA. TOO BAD.

    But wow all the ARCs? I HOPE YOU WIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM GOING TO KEEP IT HOSTAGE FOREVERRRR.

      jk I'm probably going to read it first tbh.

      (I never win these).

      Delete
  4. Well, you are clearly going to have to let me know about The Pretty Series (its new name, according to me). And my goal is 15 too! We don't have many in common though- just Everything, Everything and Your Voice is All I Hear. This is a bit sad! GOOD LUCK!!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am hoping The Pretty Series is good! I'll let you know for sure. WE CAN DO THIS SHANNON. WE CAN.

      Also hey impromptu buddy reads.

      Delete
  5. Ohh fun! I might have to do this since I was planning on reading quite a few ARCs anyway. I really enjoyed Newt's Emerald, and Everything Everything is amazing!
    Good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, even if you're actually ahead or you don't have many. Challenges are fun. I'm glad to hear Newt's Emerald is good! I was unsure of it when I picked it up at BEA, but I'm SO EXCITED about Everything Everything!

      Thank youuuu. <33

      Delete
  6. You sound like me, Holly. :D I neglected my review copy pile this month as well (it feels like my break month--I did this last year too). I also tend to fail at schedules (though I make them all the time).

    I definitely plan to get to You Voice is All I Hear for ARC August, so let me know if you want to buddy read. I might try to get to Tonight the Streets Are Ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked 15 books as well. I'll probably get to five books in August. RL gets in the way sometimes. I think this is a good way to bring down the pile.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3