Tuesday, September 22, 2015

(37) Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR

I don't know why I'm doing this, since my reading has been incredibly slow right now. I'm talking slow as in I haven't finished a single book since September started. But since I'm becoming more interested in reading again, I wanted to make a TBR. I actually feel really confident that I'll read them all by the time the season ends. These are books I've been wanting to either read or reread for AGES, and I *hope* I get to them all. 

A Series Reread
I've been wanting to reread these books since the summer, but I never had time for them. But now, now I'm MAKING time. Because I miss these characters, and I want a refresher before TRK (and yes, I know I could wait until February, but I don't want to).

For the Halloween Theme
I've always tried to read some scary books during October, but I suck at actually going through with it. And it's not because I scare easily; it's because horror doesn't ever do anything for me. For some reason, YA books are never creepy enough. But I'm hoping These Shallow Graves will change that, and I'm adding Girl of Nightmares into this because I really want to finish this duology. Also adding in The Dead House because I've heard it's amazing and so scary!

A Must Read
My amazing and wonderful friend Mary let me borrow this, and I want to get it back to her within a timely manner. I also want to get to it asap because it sounds SO GOOD and I haven't read a YA contemporary in awhile.

#TLCReadalong
Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress will all be rereads. But I still haven't read Fairest, and of course, I'm eagerly waiting for Winter to release. I love, love, love this series and I cannot wait to finish it! 

*****

Whoops, this is a *little* over 10 books, BUT at least half of them are actually rereads, so they don't really count. I also truly want to read ALL of them! I haven't been able to say that in so long, because I stressed myself out over the summer with ARCs and me not reading enough to balance everything. So right now I'm taking it slow, reading what *I* want without taking release dates into account. And it's going to be wonderful.

What books are YOU planning on reading this fall? Do you think you'll actually read them all? Let's chat! :)

23 comments:

  1. A few of the platypires are reading The Lunar Chronicles, because we have a special book club meeting for them some time early next year.

    http://www.platypire.com/home/top-ten-books-on-our-fall-tbr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, FAIREST. Or as I call it, PSYCHOIST. I very recently read THE DEAD HOUSE and would recommend it, and I can't freaking wait to finally read THE ANATOMICAL SHAPE OF A HEART.

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psychoist. HAHAHAHA LOVE IT. I can't wait to get inside the mind of Queen Levana. I've heard she's insane. Yay, I'm glad you liked it enough to recommend! I've been hearing such great things about it. And hopefully the both of us can get to TASOAH soonish! :)

      Delete
  3. I am so exited to read The Anatomical Shape Of A Heart! I hope you enjoy. :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dead House sounds fantastic! Happy reading and rereading!
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about Winter. I love the Lunar Chronicles! :-) I hope that you enjoy these books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Girl of Nightmares, it was creepy, but not THAT creepy. I'm hoping These Shallow Graves will be good. I'm planning on trying to re-read The Raven Cycle books before February, but I highly doubt it'll happen, even though I absolutely love the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm assuming that one won't be creepy much. Paranormal books don't scare me easily. And oh, you should TRY to fit in a TRC reread! It's so worth it.

      Delete
  7. I'm currently in the middle of The Raven Boys. FINALLY! I've only been telling myself to read it for centuries. I need to also do a lunar chronicles re-read. My memory is terrible with that series. I have no motivation to re-read it, though. I'd like to AT LEAST re-read Cress. I don't think I can convince myself to re-read Cinder and Scarlet haha.

    Sarah @ The Reading Petal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG SARAH ARE YO LOVING IT PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE I WANT TO HEAR ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS!! That series is an all-time favorite of mine. And haha, I don't remember much about The Lunar Chronicles either, which is why I'm definitely rereading the books. They'll be fun.

      Delete
  8. Wow, great list! I'd like to try to fit in These Shallow Graves as well. Good luck with these!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be stalking you on Twitter whenever you reread the Raven Cycle. We’ll see if that pushes me to read it as well or if I can hold out till January like I planned ;)

    I still need to reread Cress before Winter releases! I started with Cinder and Scarlet earlier in summer but somehow never got around to finishing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL MAKE SURE TO LIVE-TWEET IT. (Without spoilers, of course). And oh, you're not going to be able to resist for long. ;)

      I signed up for the readalong so I WOULD make time for the rereads + Fairest before Winter comes out. I can't wait to dive back into this series!

      Delete
  10. These Shallow Graves looks like a really good choice for Halloween! I might have to get myself a copy and cozy up to it :)

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to let you read These Shallow Graves and then let me know if I need to read These Shallow Graves. Ditto with The Anatomical Shape of a Heart, or it's infinitely better titled and covered overseas twin Night Owls.

    Also, I want to reread The Hunger Games SO BADLY. AND continue The Raven Cycle! Can you come watch the kids? ;)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great TBR! I feel like the last person alive that hasn't read the Lunar Chronicles. I *really* want to start that series soon.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an ARC of The Dead House that I've yet to read. We should buddy read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read These Shallow Graves too! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to reread The Raven Boys too! But I am waiting until the release of The Raven King so I can binge read it altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you enjoy your Raven Boys reread!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-23/

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3