Saturday, September 19, 2015

They Say I'm Evil and That Makes Me Glad

In August, I was invited to participate in a really fun promotion for Marie Lu's The Young Elites series. If you guys haven't read TYE, you must! It's AWESOME. And I'm sure you've already seen some posts around talking about villain squads, and so I'm here today with my very own!! :D But I'm not going to tell you MY superpower because it's a secret. *mimes zipping lips*

Hell, who needs men? Give me the badass ladies who can take care of themselves. THEY are who I want on my supervillain squad. These women, these are the ones who aren't afraid of anything and who will do whatever it takes to win. #MyBadBloodSquad

Queen Levana
The Lunar can glamour herself, is not afraid of going after what she wants, and has no problem with collateral damage. She'd plow through anyone standing in her way, and you know, I've heard she's INSANE. She'd be a great asset, until she turns on us, so we'd better have our eye on her.

Ursula
This sassy, purple sea witch would be a fantastic ally in the water. Those poor, unfortunate souls would never be able to escape land. She'd gobble them up and then spit them back out. She'd use her manipulative skills to turn people over, make them deals they'll never be able to resist. And then she'd use their souls for her own nefarious purposes.

Maleficent
I dare anyone to say she's not the baddest of the bad of the Disney villains. I mean, hell, she cursed a baby because she wasn't invited to a party. She has a temper, and couple that with the fact that she can turn into a dragon, and you have one hell of a powerful witch on your side. And someone who loves being evil, and who will never be redeemed because she's all about cursing people.

Lilith (Circle Trilogy)
This bitch is already planning on destroying the world, so we know she'll do whatever it takes to make it happen. She has absolutely no conscience, no sense of right, and she's a vampire who's been alive for thousands of years. She's immortal and can only be killed a few ways. She's going to be hard to conquer, and while you're trying to do just that, she'll be ripping out your heart and throat and throwing a drinking party over your dead corpse.

The Commandant
We need a human on our side, someone who has no special powers but is super scary on her own. This woman is a monster. She is pure evil genius and pure concrete. She knows how to torture, how to lead, and how to keep people in line. She's ruthless.

Ravenna (Evil Queen)
I've only seen this movie once, but I remember how absolutely crazy this queen was (way to go, Charlize Theron). I hated the movie because Kristen Stewart totally ruined it for me, but I LOVED Charlize’s character. She was truly something. Something wicked, and she was all about that vanity. Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the most insane of us all?

*****

If I were planning on destroying the world, these are the supervillains I would want on my team! But of course, I'm not actually going to do that. I promise. :D Anyway! Thanks to the people at Penguin, I have a giveaway to share with y'all! One lucky winner will receive an ARC of the second book, The Rose Society!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun post Holly, there are definitely many evil female villains out there! Oh man, KS ruined that same movie for me too! It would have been good without her :/ Love Levana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeann!! I had so much fun writing it. And yay for someone else feeling the same way about KS and Snow White! Wish she wouldn't have been in it at all.

      Delete
  2. AYYY CAN I BE PART OF THIS SQUAD?? Also can I add Manon Blackbeak??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES OF COURSE YOU CAN. AND BRING MANON WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHO SHE IS.

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOD I FORGOT YOU HAVEN'T READ PAST THRONE OF GLASS. YOU MUST REMEDY THAT SITUATION ASAP SO YOU CAN MEET MANON IN HEIR OF FIRE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, I KNOW, I NEED TO MEET HER AND EVERYONE ELSE. *drowns under all my unread books*

      Delete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3