Tuesday, October 20, 2015

(38) Top Ten Wishes I'd Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Wishes I'd Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

*****

1. I wish to meet Nora Roberts, my all-time favorite author! I was lucky enough to meet a whole bunch of favorites in New York, but I think Nora is a unicorn of the book world. It's going to be VERY hard to see her, so if the genie could speed that up, that'd be great.

2. I wish for BEA passes for LIFE. I want to go there every year now, but who has the money to pay for that? Gah! Also this would ensure that I COULD go every year, which would be amazing because then I can see all my blogger friends again and again.


3. I wish for the genie to steer more authors Michigan's way. It kinda sucks being so far north that people stop in Ohio or Illinois instead. It's not a popular state. In the last few years, I've only had a handful of chances to meet some big authors, and I'd like to have more than that. :)


4. I wish for a library big enough to hold as many books as I want. I would marry the Beast just for that gorgeous library *cough* In reality, when I become a homeowner, there is going to have to be a library, or at least a way for me to build one. I want floor-to-ceiling shelves and a big fireplace and lots of comfortable reading nooks.


5. I wish to beta read for Colleen Hoover. Because then I can read all her books before everyone else and also the ones that won't be published for a bit, or if at all (I HOPE). :D Plus I think she'd be a pretty awesome person to work with.


6. I wish for the next Chelsea Fine book to be published RIGHT. NOW. Seriously *sobs* I am dying for a new CF novel. In fact, genie, why don't you just publish all her books immediately after they're finished (with all of the editing and shit, of course) so that I could read them as soon as possible?


7. I wish for the power to be able visit the worlds I'm reading about. Just so long as I make it out alive, you know, because some of them are truly TERRIFYING and let's be real I'd be an awful squad member (lookin' at you, Six of Crows, Inej and Kaz are gonna have to save me if I end up in Ketterdam someday).


8. I wish for the superpower of being able to read as fast or as slow as I want. I want the power to be able to read a terrible book in a pinch, or savor a favorite for weeks. Really, *I* just want to control the pace so I can get to all of the books I want to before I die.


9. I wish that authors had complete control over how their movies are made. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has been sorely disappointed with book adaptations? So I'm sure if authors held the power, we'd get everything we would want and then some.

10. I wish I worked in a bookstore. While we're at genie, maybe you could pull some strings and get me my dream job? I promise you that I would be make an excellent employee.

*****

So if there were a genie who could grant you any wish YOU want, what would it be? :)

16 comments:

  1. Your wishes are so much cooler than mines! I can't even deal with some of them, like #7! HOW IN THE HELL I DIDN'T COME UP WITH THAT? I'd die of happiness if I had the chance to visit my favorite words AND meet with the characters. But maybe the latter wouldn't be such a good thing because I'd die of sadness if I had to leave them behind lol.
    Huge yes to #9! I've been disappointed by SO MANY book adaptations and I think if the authors had more control these could have been much better.
    Great list and hope all your wishes come true! Well, the realistic ones anyways. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sure yours are great too! :D ALSO YAS NUMBER 7 WOULD BE AMAZING. I WANT/NEED IT TO HAPPEN.

      Hey Veronika, these are all TOTALLY reasonable. I don't know what you're talking about.

      Delete
  2. From reading your BEA wish, because it should happen, I CAME UP WITH ANOTHER WISH. And that is to bring together Holly, Amber, Shannon, and I together whenever we want. In other words ALL THE BLOGGERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEET UP through teleportation. Bam.

    You would make a wonderful beta reader hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS. This is the best genie wish EVER.

      Delete
    2. DUDE. I totally thought about using teleportation here so I could visit you all whenever I freaking want to, but I didn't think the genie could make that happen (because yes, all of my other wishes are completely reasonable, don't look at me like that).

      Delete
    3. I like this whole teleportation idea, this needs to be an actual thing.

      Except this is the book genie and not the actual genie. :(

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to work in a bookstore! It would be so much fun. And it would be amazing to meet your favorite author! Beta reading is a cool wish too, I like that idea :D Love your list, lots of good wishes! http://gonewiththewords.com/2015/10/top-ten-tuesday-wishes-id-ask-the-book-genie-to-grant-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I wish there were more near me that I could try to get in at. Gah. I think I would just about die meeting my all-time favorite author. And thank you! wish they could all become real. :)

      Delete
  4. Number 7 and Number 9 are basically everything. I mean, the writers should just BE the directors and producers, and then just hire the technical, movie related people when needed. And I want to go to Panem! Now! Oh, and also, Val's thing. Of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss, they are. BAHAHAHA SHANNON WOULD YOU SURVIVE PANEM THOUGH?

      Delete
  5. Aw, meeting Nora would be great for you, especially since she's like a modern kind of classic.

    BEA PASSES FOR LIFE, YOU'RE A GENIUS. I can stop reading now.

    But I won't.

    FLOOR TO CEILING SHELVES. Then you can do that Belle in the bookstore number, of course.

    So authors need to definitely take note of these TTTs because a lot of them involve meeting the authors or them coming out with their books faster!

    Ooh, number eight was one of mine! Minus the superpower, and the slow part, it'd be just like a natural thing.

    I WANT AUTHORS TO HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL when it comes to casting and writing, the film-makers can do the scenes since they are skilled in that thing.

    Work in a bookstore, why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally do that Belle in the bookstore number. Haha, I thought about tagging them, and then I was like: nah, these are stupid. Let's not.

      You need #8. Badly.

      Haha, yes, give the writers complete control but don't let them film anything.

      Delete
  6. I actually met Nora Robert 12-14 years ago but I didn't even bother getting my book signed. Can you imagine?! I went with my mom to a signing just so she wouldn't have to go alone. Stood in line with her to get her books signed and then I bought one *on my way out of the event* and didn't get it signed. Now I could kick myself! LOL Beta read for CoHo? Oh, I get swoony just thinking about it! And I am so behind on Chelsea Fine (I rhymed!) I read an ARC of Best Kind of Broken a year and a half ago or more and loved it... but never continued on with the series. No reason other than just Too Many Books. Loved your list! I posted mine here: http://goo.gl/OM9UoD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even think about BEA when I did my post but that's genius!!! It would be amazing to go every year!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. With #9, YOU'RE NOT. I don't get excited for many movie adaptations. I want #2 as well, or maybe just airline tickets. Travel costs make BEA seem like an impossible trip. :( #4 and #10 would be amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3