This week's theme: Wishes I'd Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me
GO BIG OR GO HOME!
2. I wish for BEA passes for LIFE. I want to go there every year now, but who has the money to pay for that? Gah! Also this would ensure that I COULD go every year, which would be amazing because then I can see all my blogger friends again and again.
3. I wish for the genie to steer more authors Michigan's way. It kinda sucks being so far north that people stop in Ohio or Illinois instead. It's not a popular state. In the last few years, I've only had a handful of chances to meet some big authors, and I'd like to have more than that. :)
4. I wish for a library big enough to hold as many books as I want. I would marry the Beast just for that gorgeous library *cough* In reality, when I become a homeowner, there is going to have to be a library, or at least a way for me to build one. I want floor-to-ceiling shelves and a big fireplace and lots of comfortable reading nooks.
5. I wish to beta read for Colleen Hoover. Because then I can read all her books before everyone else and also the ones that won't be published for a bit, or if at all (I HOPE). :D Plus I think she'd be a pretty awesome person to work with.
6. I wish for the next Chelsea Fine book to be published RIGHT. NOW. Seriously *sobs* I am dying for a new CF novel. In fact, genie, why don't you just publish all her books immediately after they're finished (with all of the editing and shit, of course) so that I could read them as soon as possible?
7. I wish for the power to be able visit the worlds I'm reading about. Just so long as I make it out alive, you know, because some of them are truly TERRIFYING and let's be real I'd be an awful squad member (lookin' at you, Six of Crows, Inej and Kaz are gonna have to save me if I end up in Ketterdam someday).
8. I wish for the superpower of being able to read as fast or as slow as I want. I want the power to be able to read a terrible book in a pinch, or savor a favorite for weeks. Really, *I* just want to control the pace so I can get to all of the books I want to before I die.
9. I wish that authors had complete control over how their movies are made. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has been sorely disappointed with book adaptations? So I'm sure if authors held the power, we'd get everything we would want and then some.
10. I wish I worked in a bookstore. While we're at genie, maybe you could pull some strings and get me my dream job? I promise you that I would be make an excellent employee.
So if there were a genie who could grant you any wish YOU want, what would it be? :)