Tuesday, November 3, 2015

(40) Top Ten Sophomore Novels I NEED

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel (because when you love a debut you just are ITCHING to get your hands on the author's second book) or Top Ten Sophomore Novels That I Loved Just As Much If Not More As The Author's Debut (no one hit wonders heeeere!)

*****in no particular order!*****

1. Culture Shock by Stacey Trombley

I LOOOOVED the book above so much! It was extremely well-written, sensitive while also not being afraid to dig deep, and empowering. I'm super stoked about her next book, which features a Pakistani-American teen and a trip!

2. Untitled by Becky Albertalli

(Just ignore Simon's cover). Nope, I'm not even going to correct that title because that is what it says on Goodreads. Haha. Also I ADORED Simon Vs., and I'm looking forward to reading whatever Becky writes next. 

3. The Lies About Truth by Courtney S. Stevens

Her debut was SO. AMAZING! It was heartbreaking and sad and hopeful and wonderful, and I just adored how she took a hard subject and made it so impactful and empowering. <3

4. The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey

Even with its flaws, I LOVED the first book! I was shipping all the ships, loving the amount of sass on the pages, and am so excited to see where that ending takes us!

5. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge

I really enjoyed Cruel Beauty, and I LOVE fairytale retellings, so doubly excited about this one because of that! I know it's already out, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet, unfortunately, but I will!

6. Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis

I really, really enjoyed Stitching Snow. It was fun and cute and I liked the characters a lot. So I'm very much looking forward to this!

7. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir 

I LOVED her debut, and I'm super excited that Penguin bought the sequel to this, because there was no way I was going to be satisfied with that ending, no matter WHAT I said. I need MORE.

No novels yet announced from these authors, but I WANT WHATEVER THEY WILL BE.

8. Nicola Yoon
9. Kelsey Macke

10. Andrea Hannah

*****

This was surprisingly hard for me, because I haven't read many debuts. And usually when I get REALLY hooked on an author, I will read whatever backlist they have or I'll pick up their new releases asap. So then I've already devoured their sophomore books too quickly for this post. Anyway, it took me awhile to come up with this list. So that means I need to be reading more debut novels, YES/YES? :D (Also some of these authors' debuts were published in 2014, but since they don't have a sophomore novel out yet, I felt like they deserved to be included because I still want their books ASAP).

Whose sophomore novels are YOU looking forward to? Did you love any MORE than the author's debut? Let's talk! :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT please please please. I want to know what happens next!! Nicola Yoon's book was great, I hope she writes more books!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for more books from Sabaa and Nicola too, I loved their debuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The AEITA title is so legit, omg, I love it. I only read Faking Normal from this list, ha, oops. I can't wait to read Courtney's second book though. And based on what I read of Simon, I will read whatever Becky puts out. As well as Nicola Yoon. And Kelsey Macke, though I never read Damsel Distressed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sooo tempted to add The Shadow Hour to my list! And no, I haven't secretly read the first book without telling you. I'm just more excited about the series after seeing excitement over the sequel. :D An Ember in the Ashes would've made a horrible standalone. There's just no way. I haven't read Crimson Bound yet either. It's on my backlist of review copies. I'll eventually get to it! I'm super excited for whatever Nicola Yoon and Andrea Hannah release next!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3