Tuesday, November 17, 2015

(42) Top Ten Quotes I Loved from Books I Read in 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read in the Past Year Or So...

Not all of these books were PUBLISHED in 2015. Whenever I do a TTT like this, I always go by what I've read in that year, no matter what pub date it has. And these were the quotes that have stuck with me. :)

*****

1.
I don't know what it is about this quote, but I LOVE IT. Maybe because I can relate? Who knows, but Grace was a fascinating character.

2.
asdfjk; every time I see this quote, all I wanna do is reread this book. God, it's one of my all-time favorites, and I love it so much, and I WANT MORE PUCK AND SEAN. ALWAYS.

3. 
I so much agree with this quote, and how discovering people's stories expands your understanding and depth of the world around you. And it's something I am continually learning myself. :)

4.
This may be an odd choice for this series, but I freaking love this quote. Juliette understood what she could really do then. And honestly I WANTED her to destroy everything, so. :p

5.
The first one is obvious, but the second is a quieter quote that I picked up during my read and one that gave me so many feels. :)

6.
This quote really resonated with me, in a way that not one ever has. I'm not a very open person, and sometimes I resent people for not trying harder. But this made me realize that only *I* could let them in by tearing down the walls MYSELF, not because they don't think I'm worth the effort.

7.
I love Lila Bard a lot, and I adore this quote. I want to see everything and anything before I die. I want to see it all, too.

8.
As someone who has been through her fair share of grief, this hit me hard. Because it's true, you'll never forget them. But soon, the pain will lessen and lessen until it's just a slight twinge years down the line.

9.
Sometimes I find it hard to stand up for myself, especially among friends. But sometimes it's worth the fight.

10.
ALL THE FEELS, GUYS. ALL THE FEELS.

*****

What books hold some of YOUR favorite quotes? :)

11 comments:

  1. So many quotable lines in A Madness So Discreet! I have a very similar selection from A Darker Shade of Magic. Great picks!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fill-In Boyfriend quote made it onto my list, as well! It's so true and definitely one of the best quotes I've encountered this year. I haven't yet read any of the other books, but nearly all of them are on my tbr. Your quotes made me super-excited for A Darker Shade of Magic, The Scorpio Races and Madness So Discreet.
    Amazing list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that quote from The Fill-In Boyfriend. It is so true! :-) Fantastic quotes,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Unravel Me has such amazing quotes! <3 Great picks!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Recent post: Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I love all of these? I totally didn't even notice that quote from the fill-in boyfriend when i was reading it, because i would've marked it down! I'm not even going to list all the ones I liked from here because I love all of them :) Great post!
    Here's my TTT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these quotes. The Scorpio Races one made me feel all warm and fuzzy and I just want to go re-read the book haha. I love finding the quiet and subtle quotes that pack a punch like the Illuminae quote. The Wrath and the Dawn has been on my to be read list for so long now and I need to get to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these quotes, Holly! Some I've seen before and also highlighted, and some are new. I think favorite quotes say a lot about a person.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU THE STARS IS GIVING ME FEELS.

    Anything having to do with stars gives me the feels.

    I wrote a few sentences involving someone giving someone stars before.

    Omg, the Open Road Summer quote, a thousand <333's I love the AEITA quote.

    You picked fantastic quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that quote from Unravel Me. It was such a huge moment. And a turning point for Juliette. Loved reading all your picks!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books
    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. DUDE I JUST BORROWED THE WRATH AND THE DAWN FROM THE LIBRARY :) VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT.

    Also YES TO ILLUMINAE QUOTE. BECAUSE I USED THAT ONE AS WELLLL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that one from Ember in Ashes! Not a book for me, but I can DEFINITELY relate to that.
    Illuminae... *swoon* Ezra is everything.
    The Scorpio Races... jfdklajfdlaj;dfa yes haha. Sean + Puck = OTP

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3