Tuesday, December 1, 2015

(43) Top Ten 2016 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten 2016 Debut Novels I'm Looking Forward To...

1. The Girl from Everywhere
I LOVE time travel books, and I've heard really good things about this one already. Plus Heidi is a freaking cool person, and I'm excited for her debut to be out in the world (and for me to be able to read it!)

2. The Love that Split the World
Ahhh, I think this is the one I'm MOST excited about! I've heard how wonderful it is from two close friends, and that cover is AWESOME. Plus the whole 'Friday Night Lights meets The Time Traveler’s Wife' thing? YAAASSS.

3. The Star-Touched Queen
First of all, that cover!! Second of all, I am SO into this fantasy story. The arranged marriage that ends up being something totally different from what had been expected and a kingdom with secrets. I can't wait!

4. Burning Glass
Another fantasy that I'm excited about! I've heard good things so far, and I love stories with magic. 

5. Assassin's Heart
Anything having to do with assassins automatically gets put on my TBR. Plus it sounds like a Romeo and Juliet-type of love story and I'm a sucker for those.

6. Stone Field
Let's see, it's set in the Civil War. It's about a couple who falls in love in the midst of the terror, but not everything is as it seems with the guy. And IT'S A RETELLING OF WUTHERING HEIGHTS. (which I haven't read, but whatevs).

7. The Reader
THAT. COVER! A secret book, assassins, swashbuckling pirates, a girl trying to survive and find her aunt who has been kidnapped? I WANT. I NEED. WHEN CAN I HAS THIS BOOK. *checks* September. *cries*

8. The Mystery of Hollow Places
I think this is the only non-fantasy on this list. Haha, whoops. I just really love fantasy. Anyway! This sounds like a contemporary thriller, about a girl searching for her missing father. I'm intrigued!

9. Ivory & Bone
Gah, I've been wanting this one ever since the cover was revealed and I read that synopsis! Prehistoric fantasy? *GRABBY HANDS* TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

10. Of Fire and Stars
f/f fantasy? GIMME GIMME GIMME.


*Put This on Your TBRs!
Firsts!
It is wonderful, and awesome, with an slow-to-warm-up-to heroine who you will absolutely root for by the end. Also has one of the BEST love interests EVER. But it's really about a girl trying to figure out who she is and taking control of her life. An edgy and fierce debut, indeed.


Ones I'm Reading SOON
This Is Where It Ends
I picked this one up while I was at BEA (I actually got to meet Marieke and she is ADORABLE), but I've been putting it off since then. I know it's going to be an intense and emotional read, so I need to be in the right mood for it.

The Abyss Surrounds Us
I'm not a huge fan of science fiction, but two words: SPACE. PIRATES! Also it's f/f and I'm super excited to read it based especially on these two pieces of information. :D


If you're looking for more debuts, I strongly suggest checking out Rachel's Goodreads shelf! She has them ALL. (And it was REALLY had to cut this down to 10 [let's ignore the fact that I cheated a bit, okay] but I did it!). I know there are even MORE in the second half of the year, but I haven't heard much about them (and they don't have covers yet). But I plan on paying close attention later on. I just wanted to focus on what I've heard and been wanting to read for the LONGEST time! Also, lol look at all of these fantasy books on here. You can tell it's my fave genre. ;) Lastly, I originally had more on here, but then I was like: c'mon Holly, you can knock it down to 10. And I think I succeeded. But still, I'm excited for WAY more debuts than this! And I'm hoping to get to many of them throughout 2016. :)



What debut novels are YOU excited about? Which ones should I be paying attention to?

22 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for retellings, especially Wuthering Heights or Jane Eyre. I'm going to have to check out Stone Field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Everywhere" is on my list as well, and it seems quite popular if my few TTT stops so far are any indication. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of these on my list as well!! I read This Is Where It Ends and it is SO GOOD! I have my review posting next Monday I think! I'm really excited for Burning Glass, The Girl From Everywhere, and The Star Touched Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love so many of these covers. Sounds like you're gearing up for some great reading. This is Where it Ends sound both chilling and fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a couple of books in common. I'm glad that you met Marieke, she's an old friend of mine and is adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying to read Of Fire and Stars. It's one of my most anticipated books next year. Great list, and thanks for sharing! :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. ERMAGERD is that a dragon in The Abyss Surrounds Us?!?! BECAUSE I NEED IT THEN. XD And I can't WAIT for Assassin's Heat. Anything and everything assassiny (totally a word) = I need it. *nods* Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this list! So excited to start reading these books, there are lots of great ones coming out. 2016 is looking good :)

    Joan @ Fiddler Blue
    My Top Ten

    If you love Harry Potter and you are interested in writing a collaborative story set in Hogwarts, please check out this link for details and how to join. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First is a good one!
    I can't wait to read This is Where it Ends!
    Great Top Ten!
    My Top Ten Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! to The Reader!!! I considered a lot of the same books for my list (and picked some of the same ones as well). Plus, I see more books to add to my TBR list. Thanks!!! Here is my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am beyond excited to get my hands on The Girl From Everywhere. From the looks of it, fantasy is going to dominate 2016 and they all sound so good and so intense. I do think The Mystery of Hollow Places sounds interesting and I love a bit of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES YOU HEARD IT FROM ME. TLTSTW IS SO GOOD. SOOOOOOOO GOOD

    I hope you are looking forward to Assassin's Heart solely because my name will be in it

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Assassin's Heart and Of Fire and Stars on my list and some of the others on my GR list. Can't wait to get to them!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stonefield sounds amazing, I don't know how I forgot to add it. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE?

    YES TO ALL! Although I think this is the first time I have seen The Reader. It sounds really interesting, though. I want to read Firsts so, so, so much. I can't wait :D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I FORGOT TO ADD THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN TO MY LIST. D: I always seem to miss an important book on these types of things. I've been eyeing Burning Glass, but I'm not sure how interested I am in reading it. I'll be reading This Is Where It Ends soon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay so like, why are the first seven books SO FREAKING GORGEOUS? Like really, I mean, not even talking about TGFE or TLTSTW, but those fantasy covers are so freaking pretty, omg.

    Ooh, a retelling of Wuthering Heights? Sounds interesting. I've not read it either.

    Firstsssss.

    I hope you like TIWIE.

    It's crazy how almost all the books on people's lists are only from January to June and how most haven't even touched anything past then. There are just so. many. books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you picked lots of great ones!! I absolutely loved TGFE and Burning Glass. I AM DESPERATE for Ivory and Bone, The Star-Touched Queen, and The Reader. I have TLTSTW, Assassin's Heart, Stone Field, and The Mystery in Hollow Places, and I want to read them so so bad (and soon I hope).

    Also A Study in Charlotte was great! Also exciting for How To Hang A Witch, Scarlet Epstein Hates It Here, Please Don't Tell, The Marked Girl, and lots more...

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOW did I miss Ivory and Bone in my life!? I mean, the second- nay, the nanosecond- I saw this description on your list (so you know, last night when I first read this post ;) ) I ran to Goodreads and added it. BEA, perhaps? I would be so happy. It sounds FABULOUS.

    But yeah, other than that (which would absolutely make my list if I did a re-do!) and Stonefield (which I am just not 100% on yet) every other one of those is on my list! And YES to TLTSTW, it is SO. GOOD.
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  20. How had I not heard of The Star Touched Queen? It sounds brilliant, looks like I have yet another new book to add to my TBR!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/top-ten-tuesday-33/

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! lol i'm speechless. Everything on your list is on my TRB haha.Happy reading xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes! I'm looking forward to so many of these! Especially The Star-Touched Queen. I hope it's amazing.
    Firsts, though, sounds AWFUL. lol >.<

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3