Tuesday, December 8, 2015

(44) Top Ten New-To-Me Authors in 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic: Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015...

1. Mindy McGinnis

2. Emery Lord

3. Megan Erickson

4. Victoria Schwab

5. Alexandra Bracken

6. Michelle Smith

7. Dahlia Adler

8. Courtney C. Stevens

9. Renee Ahdieh

10. Naomi Novik

The first four authors; Mindy, Emery, Megan, and Victoria, are clearly not one-hit-wonders. I really enjoyed/loved two of their books each, and I have a feeling that won't change. I cannot wait to read Emery's new one especially, A Gathering of Shadows and Vicious, and I'm super excited about In a Handful of Dust. And I'm super happy Megan has such a big backlist; I'll never run out of her books!

The last six authors make me nervous, because I loved these books above but one-hit-wonder is a serious concern. All of their books have impressed me, which is why they're on this list, and why I'm considering quite a few of them even favorites (yes I know that's pretty early, but I feel very confident in a couple of them). But I'm just really excited about reading more from them! 


Who were YOUR favorite new-to-you authors? Any of these lovelies make your list too? :)

6 comments:

  1. Megan Erickson and Victoria Schwab are on my list too! Renee Ahdieh, Naomi Novik, and Michelle Smith would've been good honorable mentions if I did any. Alexandra Bracken WILL be a new-to-me author I read this month and I'm so excited about it!! I'm really hoping that I love her books. I still haven't read a Mindy McGinnis book . . . eventually, though. It'll happen. I'm really happy to see Courtney C. Stevens on your list.☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    I really want to read Passenger and The Wrath of the Dawn!

    Myra @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only three on here that I've read are Michelle Smith, Emery Lord, and Alex Bracken. I AM DYING TO READ THE OTHERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, girl! Megan!!! I love her (and her books) SO much. And Courtney Stevens and Michelle Smith (duh!). I still need to read Uprooted, The Wrath and the Dawn, and Just Visiting, and I can't wait for Passenger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuupp I completely know that one hit wonder concern! It used to be when I stumbled upon an author I liked, I went and read all of their other books but now I know sometimes that's a hit and miss! I LOVED Uprooted so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need all of Victoria Schwab's books now, because amazingness. I've been meaning to read Vicious, but just HAVEN'T been able to get to it. Gah. So yeah. Blah. But she is definitely a new favorite for me too! I also really hope that a lot of these authors CONTINUE writing books! Because that would be great :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3