Thursday, December 3, 2015

Bookish Bingo: Fall Edition Wrap-Up

This is basically the only reading challenge I've kept up with throughout the year. It's honestly the one I have the most fun doing. I love that Bekka includes so many different categories each time, so there's a little bit of everything. And I like seeing so much diversity in my reading tastes. Also I just love playing Bingo. :p

*Horror: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Pretty unbelievable at times, but addicting. This just isn't my genre.

*Reread: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
THE BEST REREAD. *LE SIGH* I LOVE THIS SERIES AND ITS CHARACTERS.

*LGBTQIA: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Such a cute, funny story with a charming as hell main character.

*A Book You Borrowed: The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett
Excellent banter, witty characters, and sex positivity FTW.

*Water on the Cover: Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
A really, really gritty and dreary survival novel, with strong and badass women.

*New to You Author: Song of Blood and Stone by L. Penelope
I quite enjoyed this hidden gem I found on a whim through Goodreads.

*On Your Shelf For Over a Year: On the Fence by Kasie West
LOVED this one! MC with wonderful growth and great supporting characters.

*Set in Another Country: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Ugh, this was. Ugh. Not a classic I would read again, let's put it that way.

*Animal on the Cover: The Rose Society by Marie Lu
I didn't like this as much as TYE, but it was good. And SUPER DARK. VILLAINS FTW.

*New Adult: Corrupt by Penelope Douglas
Holy hell, this book. So very gritty and angsty, but I loved it! So unexpected.

*Mystery: The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
BANTER AND SHIPPY GOODNESS GALORE.

*Set in a High School: Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
Absolutely wonderful! Y'ALL WANT THIS ONE WHEN IT COMES OUT IN JAN.

*Sep, Oct, Nov Release: Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler
My first Dahlia book, and it won't be the last. This was truly special. Best friendship.

*Black Cover: All the Rage by Courtney Summers 
RAGE. SO MUCH RAGE I FELT AND STILL FEEL AFTER READING THIS.

*Historical Fiction: A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
Such a lovely, lovely surprise in a genre I rarely ever read anymore. LOVED.

Did Not Complete
*Sparkly Cover
*Mental Illness
*Religious Minority MC
*Over 400 Pages
*Science Fiction
*Orange Cover
*LOL-worthy
*Author Shares First Initial
*A Book About Dreams

lucky #9

*****

As you can see, I was a pretty big fail this time! HAHA WHOOPS. I did get one bingo though! Could have had more if I'd read more, but I'm not even surprised. I read only one book in the entire month of September (excluding my two English class readings, one being Frankenstein). But after that, I did fairly well. I wasn't actively TRYING to cover the squares, but luckily a bunch of books I read fit into the categories. I mostly read all the books I WANTED to, based on mood, and it worked. I'm out of my slump, and I'm ready to kick the next Bookish Bingo's ass!

Speaking of, you can sign up for the winter edition now! It's really fun, so y'all should join. :) Also, have you read any of these books? If so, what did you think of them?

1 comment:

  1. I think I covered around the same number of squares as you did! I came really, really to a lot more bingos, so I'm very determined to do better in the winter edition.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make me smile. :) Seriously. Even if you comment on the post weeks or months later, it makes my day! So don't hesitate to leave your thoughts even if it's been a long time since the post was published. I'll try to reply to you, especially if you ask a question, but sometimes life happens. But I do read and appreciate every single one of them because I know how hard it can be to find the time or energy to comment. So a heartfelt THANK YOU for brightening my day when you do. <3