Saturday, February 20, 2016

2016 Love-a-Thon Questionnaire

I'm super excited to be participating in my second Love-a-thon hosted by Alexa, who is joined by Cee, Hazel, and Mel this year. And to start it off, we're all answering a little questionnaire to help us get to know each other. :)

*****

1. What’s your name?
Hey all, I'm Holly!

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I'm in the US, specifically Michigan.

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I'm never sure how to answer because I just don't... know. One day, I started up a blog, just to vent and share my college experiences, and then it ended up becoming a book blog from there. :)

4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I'd had 3 other names before this one, but The Fox's Hideaway stuck and WILL be staying. My nickname in college, and beyond, is The Fox, so it really fits me. :D It is a personal name for me, and something that I wanted because it would encompass more than just books. 

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? 
Probably a mix of contemporary and fantasy, as they are my two favorites. I also read a lot of NA.

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
Discussions, tags, memes, writing and life posts. Basically whatever sounds fun!

7. Best blogging experience so far?
BEA! Meeting two of my best friends IRL was amazing, and also other bloggers I've gotten to know through our blogs and Twitter. And meeting all-time favorite authors, as well! Cannot wait to do this again in Chicago!

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The PEOPLE. Even on its bad days, this community is full of warm, kindhearted, accepting, and insanely talented people. And I'm grateful, and incredibly lucky, to have gotten to know so many of them and to have made lasting friendships through blogging.

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
The Raven King bc DUH
P.S. I Like You
Ivory and Bone
The Star-Touched Queen
The Unexpected Everything

10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Red Queen
Liars, Inc.
I'll Give You the Sun
Revolution
Vicious

11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Standalone: Play On by Michelle Smith
Series: The Archers of Avalon by Chelsea Fine.

12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Arg, I don't KNOW. I think Hermione and I would get alone swimmingly, being bookworms and total nerds and all. :) But I would also want to be BFFs with Paige (Paige in Progress) bc she's AWESOME.

13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Cian, my love <3 But if we're gonna be real (and if I'm gonna pick a guy who is *closer* to my age), I'd have to go with Cricket (Lola & the Boy Next Door). HE IS MY SOULMATE.

14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)?
Kaz (SoC) bc I need my Dirtyhands' help to keep us alive
Cian (Circle Trilogy) bc he's worldly and deadly and he'd be a great, albeit reluctant, leader
Ronan (TRC) bc he would get shit done and scare away the bad people with his glare
Hermione (HP) bc not only is she incredibly smart but she's magical! (this works, ok)
Inej (SoC) bc she is wicked with a blade and she's a strategic player you want around

15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Writing. I hope to become a published author someday! Playing video games. Hanging out with friends and family. Traveling, but I don't get to do much of it.

16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Shoessss. I have a major addiction. I also love buying socks, movies, Funko POPs, Disney-related items, and bookish fan art from all of the insanely talented people in this community! You guys are going to make me go broke.

17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Wait for It (from the Hamilton soundtrack). I don't even know why, BUT I LOVE IT. And whenever it comes out, I freak out and immediately start singing. It's not a very good song to dance to, but whatevs.

18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. 
I think the Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts would make a fabulous TV show, or even just a movie series. Vampires, magic, heroic quests, amazing characters; what more could you want?

19. What would your dream library look like?
Floor to ceiling shelves, tall ladders that move around to reach the highest places. A huge window that has a perfect little reading nook underneath. Couches, comfy chairs, and a fireplace organized throughout the middle of the room. Perhaps even a second story, should I need it (I probably would, lbr).

20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
J.K. Rowling! This might be a total cliche, but it's true! I would love to meet her, and I think she'd be sassy and fun to hang out with for tea time.

*****

I hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me! I'm excited that love-a-thon is finally here, and I cannot wait to blog hop (which I have been SO SO SO bad at lately!) and meet new people. :)