Thursday, February 11, 2016

Blog Tour: Adore by Nina Lane


Title: Adore (Spiral of Bliss, #4)
Author: Nina Lane
Publisher: Snow Queen 
Release Date: February 9th, 2016!

From Goodreads...
Liv and Dean West have always fallen together, but this time they might fall apart...
Liv and Dean have everything…almost. With a rambunctious toddler, crazy work schedules, and too many responsibilities, they’ve lost sight of their passionate, intimate marriage. And Professor West is none too happy about that.
Determined to lure his wife into hot new adventures, Dean struggles with his need to have Liv all to himself and the reality of sharing her with the world.
Then he gets an opportunity that could change their lives…and Liv is faced with the prospect of her white knight going places where she can’t follow.
Get your hands on ADORE now:

Need to catch up on the series? Learn more about AROUSE (Spiral of Bliss  #1)! 
Add AROUSE to Goodreads (http://bit.ly/1UwSeIi) 

Sign up for Nina Lane's newsletter for a free novella here!
*****

My Review!
I’m not gonna lie, I’m the type of reader who, when she closes the book on a series, she considers it THE END. Don’t know why I just referred myself in the 3rd person there. ANYWAY. I’m generally okay with a favorite series ending. So when I had turned the last page on Awaken, I was completely satisfied. I had been looking forward to Archer and Kelsey’s romance, but when it came to Dean and Liv West’s story, the book was closed. And I thought I would never get another book with them as the main focus, except in the form of a wonderful treat of the novella, Arrive (which I’ve read and LOVED). So it came as a surprise to me when I heard about Adore, and I had a *little bit* of apprehension toward it because of my preference for series to not add another book if it seems it's completed already. But I knew I wouldn’t NOT be able to read it. And I also knew I would love it!

Wariness be damned, if Nina Lane wants to write more books featuring Liv and Dean (or Kelsey and Archer I’M JUST SAYING), I’ll forever be open to them. I love this couple SO MUCH. They’re still one of my all-time favorite fictional OTPs. And it’s kinda stunning to me that they are because I’m not a big Adult reader in general because I can’t relate very well, and I don’t get as intense about characters and their relationships as I do in YA and NA. But when it comes to Liv and Dean, apparently none of THAT matters. And I’ve always loved Nina’s writing, so it didn’t really come as a surprise that I would find this an enjoyable read. Though it’s focused ON a romance, on just the one couple, the books are never boring. They just feel so REAL. They’re filled with real problems, real emotions, and real characters who love each other so much that their marriage is seriously #goals.

I adore (ha) Liv and Dean both. Liv is such a wonderful person, even though she grew up in an environment that wasn’t stable or warm. She is kind, and compassionate, and she loves fiercely. And she is a GREAT mother, even though she doesn’t always feel like one. Even though she makes mistakes and still wants to be selfish sometimes, it doesn’t make her bad or uncaring. And I LOVE that she’s gone after her dreams, and that she’s so willing to chase after new ones even when she’s terrified of the unknown. But she’s not alone. She’s got Professor Marvel, aka Dean West. He is STILL one of my top book boyfriends. He is protective, and attentive, and he loves his wife and kid with all his heart. He doesn’t always know how to deal with the new changes, but he doesn’t back down from a challenge. And he always makes sure to include Liv and Nicholas in every decision. Ugh, he just makes me melt. Especially when he calls her beauty. I love him. <3

I loved that this focused on what happened after Nicholas was born. The addition of the baby changed a lot for the two of them, and they had to reset priorities and learn that they just can't do it all. Liv and Dean had to figure out how to make room while also not compromise on doing what they wanted and following their dreams. I loved that, through everything, Dean and Liv are there for each other. They communicate, and work together to solve problems as they come up. And through it all, the two of them never lose their intimacy for the other, even when their sexytimes get pushed to the backburner. Though they struggle with the new changes, and they fight sometimes, their love for each other never diminishes. It’s so awesome to see such a healthy, loving couple in fiction; two people who found their soulmate in each other, and who always work together in everything, and who make you really believe in happy-ever-after.

To be honest, I wasn’t sure if I’d wanted another book in this series. BUT APPARENTLY I DID! I loved this. I loved that we got more of Liv and Dean, and a storyline that focused more on them as parents than just them as a couple. Not only that, but we got to see more of Kelsey and Archer, whom I love. Kelsey is fierce and sassy and I love that she doesn’t back down from anything, and that Archer just totally understands and gets her, even when he wants something different. And Archer is just as swoonworthy as his older brother. ;) This book was richly detailed, and it made me feel like I was transported to Mirror Lake. Also, the ending was wonderful! “Our adventure continues…” I see there is another book coming out in the series, and I’m actually very excited! I have truly missed these characters, and hell if I don’t want more of Professor Marvel and his Beauty.

RATING:


*****

About Nina Lane
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Nina Lane writes hot, sexy romances and spicy erotica. Originally from California, she holds a PhD in Art History and an MA in Library and Information Studies, which means she loves both research and organization. She also enjoys traveling and thinks St. Petersburg, Russia is a city everyone should visit at least once. Although Nina would go back to college for another degree because she's that much of a bookworm and a perpetual student, she now lives the happy life of a full-time writer.

Connect with Nina Lane
Newsletter: http://ninalane.com/newsletter