Monday, February 8, 2016

From the Den: January Edition

From the Den is a feature to showcase the books that I don't post reviews for on the blog, whether I liked them or not. I read so many books that never make it onto The Fox's Hideaway, so I wanted a feature where I could still tell y'all about them. :)

*****

DNF
My Second Life
I just cannot with this book. I was going to give it 25% before I officially stopped, but tbh I didn't want to read anymore of it. The writing style just did NOT work for me, and neither did the main character's voice. It was erratic, nonsensical, and the dialogue felt very weird. I was so confused on what the hell was actually happening, but I don't care enough to continue to find out what happened in Ana's past. 
*eARC kindly provided by Macmillan via NetGalley*

Series I'm Loving
Silver Skin
These books are just so much fun to read, and I LOVE the mythological storyline! And I think I got a soft spot for these fierce, warrior Fae. Two of whom who have ended up with human (er, mostly) women, and you know the next one will too. But I don't even care about the predictability in this, because I don't find the reads boring at all. And I loved the romances, especially in this one. It's not too strong, or has a big focus, but the two main characters (Helene and Miach, who I kept calling Micah and didn't realize I'd been wrong until near the end, whoops) have a budding relationship that turns into real love. I'm glad they were both smart, and careful about it, given events of the past and the fact that they got off to a rough start and Miach can't bind himself to anyone because of his right hand. Basically, they had a lot of obstacles to go through, but they worked past them TOGETHER. I just, I cannot wait for more of this series. And I'm STOKED that the next book features Elada. :)
Rating: 4 Paw Prints!

Arrive

I read this immediately after the book above, because I'd forgotten about it until I saw that Nina Lane is writing another book in the series. Now, I'm so sure about that one because when you continue with the same characters, you're gonna have to put them through some shit AGAIN. *sigh* But this novella was a real treat! It was so wonderful to be able to see how Liv and Dean handled the pregnancy, and this new change in their lives, and I just missed these characters so much. And ah, Professor West will always be one of my all-time favorite book boyfriends. <3 
Rating: 4 Paw Prints!

*****

Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think of them? :)